Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Irwin99

41/48 passes complete, 85% accuracy. Wasn't terrible but wasn't great either. He seems to be getting a lot of stick from fans which I think is perhaps a bit harsh to single just him out. The midfield this season has been all over the place even when he's not played.

klayton88

I could complete 41/48 passes if they were sideways and backwards to the nearest player. That stat means nothing.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
This is actually the 2nd game in a row where generally I think he has played well in terms of his duties. There have been the odd occasion he has been caught on the ball and I do think he protects himself a lot and he doesn’t offer himself enough or make runs for people or work as hard as he could do to get the ball back but I think it’s genuinely just his age catching up with him.

Now all those negatives do add up to hindering us but when he’s been on the ball these last 2 games he’s done some good stuff.
I'd somewhat agree in the first match, I thought he played significantly better than many on here were saying. Of course it has to be said he was against a very poor team.

However he was terrible against West Ham, one of the main reasons our play was so slow. Actually I didn't see the first 30 minutes so perhaps he was good there, but during the rest of the match he was one of our worst players. There was one moment in the second half in particular which summed him up - Maguire passed the ball through the first line of defence to him so he was in plenty of space to turn and drive forward into space (or even just pass it forward) and put us on the front foot. Instead he just passed it straight back to Maguire so we had to start all over again.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He’s physically shot. But easily our most competent central midfielder with the ball at his feet after Pogba. If Ole gives him a new contract, which wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest with him, then I’d be furious.

jackal&hyde

He’s physically shot. But easily our most competent central midfielder with the ball at his feet after Pogba. If Ole gives him a new contract, which wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest with him, then I’d be furious.
I'm sure he will not. Will be out the door next summer. Already not a starter when Mctominay and Pogba are fit. I expect Fred to take his place as 3ed choice soon.

Raw

Should be looking to sell him while he still has some value, but only if we sign at least two new midfielders in January or the summer. Don't want us to sell him and not bother replacing him like we've done with other underperforming players.

Fracture90

He was pretty good in the first half together with Young (yup I'm as confused as you guys, but it's the truth), made some passes, some interceptions and ball recoveries. Think it was Mata who should have been subbed off in favor of a more attacking player because Matić would have given us more defensive cover.

Ace of Spades

I loved the moment when the opposition player had got past Williams, and Matic put in a pathetic attempt to stop him but of course failed and the player went past him. He was jogging back and Williams was sprinting back and trying to get close to the player, but Matic was in the middle so he just shoved Matic in the back as if trying to tell him to be more alert and stop being a lazy pathetic cnut, and stop getting in his way.

He can't run, tackle or pass. Shit player.

king_dinho

I thought he was decent today, definitely not the worst player on the pitch. People should stop expecting him to be Kante, he is slow but composed with the ball. Some of his dribbles weren't bad.

DoomSlayer

If he can't run more, Matic should retire. If he is just disinterested towards our club, I'd sack him tomorrow morning. No fight and no leadership from this useless wanker. I despair every time they show his relaxed mug, as if we are stomping teams left, right and centre.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
He does a weird thing sometimes where he just half volleys the ball into the nearest players direction who happens to be 10 yards away.

DocRockter

An OK from him, obviously needs a mobile McT and Pogba besides him to be effective.. Didn't like the feck-up with the corner, though..

mu4c_20le

Another quick fix signing from Mourinho. Him and Fred have held our midfield back for years now.

LJJT

He’s shocking. An old, outdated, slow, boring mourinho signing. Don’t blame the manager blame dross like this and 6 years of shocking recruitment like this guy

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I thought he was decent today, definitely not the worst player on the pitch. People should stop expecting him to be Kante, he is slow but composed with the ball. Some of his dribbles weren't bad.
Did you forget to switch your TV on? He's slow and ponderous on the ball. Don't confuse that with being composed. Mctominay was on the pitch for 3 minutes and he did more with it. He was utterly pointless, as usual.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Had a spell where it didn't look like he could pass it at all.

aamnkeane16

Is it me or he seems to move like a crab most of the time? The high press mostly fail because he didn’t move his slow ass, and playing from the back fail because he’s not making himself available for the pass, ends up Rojo just bomb the ball forward to nobody.

I’d say give his spot to Garner, even if he misplace 10 pass a game at least he would still try harder than Matic.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
When he has the ball I seriously think live video of the game slows down to 0,5 speed.

R'hllor

Jose really knows how to pick them, thank God Ivanovic was already done and Zenit, otherwise he would bought him too.

Devil may care

He had a couple of ok moments on the ball but was sloppy and sluggish most of the time, just done at any kind of top level, even EL.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Utterly spineless performance from him I felt, the most senior player on the pitch and showed zero authority

AP88

Supports
Man City
Daley Blind > Matic, Fred, Lindelof etc. Madness how he was discarded, given he was one of the few legitimate footballers in the squad.

jackal&hyde

He is done and Ole knows this and it's why he plays with the youth rather then the first team. Nothing more to add.

meamth

He took the ball, dribbles past one or three players, heads up, see some runs, hesitated, pass it back to either Rojo or Lindelof.

What the feck?

Funnily enough, Mctominay came in and he made a simple through pass into the box.

Bwuk

Daley Blind > Matic, Fred, Lindelof etc. Madness how he was discarded, given he was one of the few legitimate footballers in the squad.
Exactly.

Blind would walk into our side at CB, LB or CM.

DoomSlayer

I agree with this. Such a shame that we appointed Mourinho after Van Gaal, instead of a modern progressive manager.

Walters_19_MuFc

Wasn't spotted at the Lowry, but I guess he'll probably join up later, as Ole didn't mention him being injured. Not sure if I'd want him to start in such a high energy game. That said, he could provide us with the calmness someone like Fred doesn't.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Wasn't spotted at the Lowry, but I guess he'll probably join up later, as Ole didn't mention him being injured. Not sure if I'd want him to start in such a high energy game. That said, he could provide us with the calmness someone like Fred doesn't.
‘Calmness.’ You mean, playing without any level of urgency?

Status
Not open for further replies.