Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oldyella

It's not a joke to the fans though, is it? I do hope we sell him to Spurs and I'm totally serious about it because I think Mourinho would be dumb enough to want to take him.
I do as well but just look at the threads about players Jose will sign etc, it's all over them. Maybe Jose would be dumb enough, I doubt it but you never know, but it's honestly not worth getting worked up about Matic finding the same thing funny.

buckooo1978

if Spurs gave us 15/20 million for him I'd be delighted

with Wanyama, Dier, N'Dombele, Lo Celso, Winks and Sissoko he's really not required unless Jose signed him just to have one of his own in there

think Jose would be more likely to chase someone like Phil Jones

iHicksy

Would be nice if we could do a swap with one of their players who's running down their contract since that might be plausible, rather than get something like 8-10mil.

SATA

We paid £40 million for this wanker to be a world class CM/DM, not to be good with the fans or joke on the back of the club's misery.
You need to lighten up mate and see the funny side of it. It’s not his fault he cost 40M to come here. Clearly past his best but he did try

DoomSlayer

You need to lighten up mate and see the funny side of it. It’s not his fault he cost 40M to come here. Clearly past his best but he did try
I can't find much fun into such a reaction from one of our supposed senior players, who has shown zero proper commitment to the club and has even questioned the current manager publicly.

Also, I despise Mourinho and most of his beloved players so yeah, there is that.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Let's make a package deal for Spurs. Bailly, lindelof, Matic, Dalot, Sanchez & Fred for 150m. Let's make sure that we stress on them paying us not viceversa

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
They have Wanyama Sissoko and Ndombele. It's already like a Jose fantasy at Spurs to be fair. There's no chance Jose will come for Matic. He only bought him while with us because we had no real defensive midfielders.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
They have Wanyama Sissoko and Ndombele. It's already like a Jose fantasy at Spurs to be fair. There's no chance Jose will come for Matic. He only bought him while with us because we had no real defensive midfielders.
He's out of contract in the summer so there is a definite chance actually. We'd probably let him go fairly cheap in January if we can get some replacements in.

I assume we will let him walk for free in the summer though, Jose will definitely have him then.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He's out of contract in the summer so there is a definite chance actually. We'd probably let him go fairly cheap in January if we can get some replacements in.

I assume we will let him walk for free in the summer though, Jose will definitely have him then.
Why? Clubs don't just recruit players because they're free for the heck of it. Matic is 3-4 years older compared to when Jose bought him and plays in the position he's well stocked in. Jose will have a wage bill of his own to control and it's pretty obvious Nemanja Matic isn't going to be part of that.

What's going to be the hurdle for Jose is replacing his centre backs and Eriksen in the summer window.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Dier will be his Matic.

evil_geko

The hate on him is becoming beyond ridiculous, I wish him all the best, I want him out in January not because of us but for him to leave this toxic place, deserves better.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Why? Clubs don't just recruit players because they're free for the heck of it. Matic is 3-4 years older compared to when Jose bought him and plays in the position he's well stocked in. Jose will have a wage bill of his own to control and it's pretty obvious Nemanja Matic isn't going to be part of that.

What's going to be the hurdle for Jose is replacing his centre backs and Eriksen in the summer window.
They do if Jose wants them, otherwise he throws his dummy out.

He might not want him, but if he does he will go there.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
They do if Jose wants them, otherwise he throws his dummy out.

He might not want him, but if he does he will go there.
This is what I'm getting at - he won't want him. They have Sissoko, Wanyama, Ndombele which is basically Jose's wet dream.

Dier will be his Matic.
And this guy who was linked with us during Jose's time.

CM10

Yeah there's no shortage of physical midfielders at Spurs. Dier too, who was the other rumoured target at the time we signed Matic.

It would probably be best for everyone if Matic left in January but I don't think there will be many takers when his contract is up in the summer. We've got to sort our own midfield out before letting him go as well, to be fair. We're already too light on numbers in that area of the pitch.

El Jefe

Wow, I suppose players should just not comment on anything on social media anymore.
:lol: Madness isn't it. This has to be the most baffling and frankly stupid outrage I've seen from any set of fans to a social media post from a player. The outrage is almost always silly but this right here takes the cake.

Renegade

:lol: Madness isn't it. This has to be the most baffling and frankly stupid outrage I've seen from any set of fans to a social media post from a player. The outrage is almost always silly but this right here takes the cake.
I don’t think anyone cares enough about Matic to be outraged to be fair. Just simply highlighting it’s pretty unprofessional and shitty. If it was Lingard he’d be destroyed on here. Lukaku was heavily criticised for using social media to be sly.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
The way his body has deteriorated he must feel like this year and maybe next will be the last ones before retirement. As a result, you can see him becoming very anxious to actually play football. His public expression should be disciplined though. Ole doesn't take well to a lack of professionalism

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I know about 99% of the Caf now hate him but there is no way he'd have been worse than either Fred or Pereira against Sheffield. I'm fine with Ole not fancying him and yes, he is declining. But he's better than Fred and he's better than someone who can play the defensive part of a #10 role and nothing else.

If Pogba and McTominay really are out for the next weeks still, surely he has to play.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I know about 99% of the Caf now hate him but there is no way he'd have been worse than either Fred or Pereira against Sheffield. I'm fine with Ole not fancying him and yes, he is declining. But he's better than Fred and he's better than someone who can play the defensive part of a #10 role and nothing else.

If Pogba and McTominay really are out for the next weeks still, surely he has to play.
He’s worse mate or He’s as worst as Pereira.

I just never understand why there is still some people think that Matic is even better than Fred at the moment. For the love of God, some people really need to pay attention on Matic and understand why the guy is deadwood.

A midfield should never ball watching, Matic is a ball watching while Fred is not, I know Fred has no quality but at least he’s trying to chase his man & follow his man not just standing on the pitch, being lazy and watching. Why can’t people see how lazy he’s been since 2018? If you got no pace to follow your man or chase your man then the very least you can do is having good positioning to intercept the ball like Carrick, but his positioning is also very poor.

Matic wouldn’t make any difference today and he would have been bulied by Sheffield player because they played high intensity and he won’t be able keep up. I would rather to see Axel & Fred against Aston Villa. Axel looks a bit rusty when he came on today but he’s a much better option than Matic right now.

Hammer_st

I think our results will increase if he plays the next games. For sure he isnt a fast player. But he is nice in posession and good at covering the ball. He plays save (maybe easy) passes, but that cool down our game. Still a nice player and very usefull in our squad.

Irwin99

Is this guy still injured? I keep forgetting we have him. Seems to be one of those players along with Bailly and Dalot that you forget that they're actually still at the club. They've never really get mentioned in press conferences.

0le

I think we miss him. He would be better than Pereira in midfield.

Alabaster Codify7

As shite as he is, he's a better option than Garner (completely unproven and green) and Pereira (might as well not be on the field, offers zero to the defence) in that position.

Given his age, and squad status, I reckon we're selling him in January and wrapping him in cotton wool as a result. Same for Pogba. And we'll replace neither - take it to the bank.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
I think he's better than Pereira, but if we're playing a midfield 2 behind a 10, having 2 left-footed players might be a bit of an issue as they tend to always look for the same passing options.

Status
Not open for further replies.