Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Revan

Assumptionman
Awesome performance today. Together with Lindelof, by far our best players.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
That defense splitting pass into Martial was something else.

Rajma

Thought he was amongst the worst players on the pitch tonight, moved like an oil tanker, defensively all over the place and again dropped unnecessarily to slot between 2 CBs leaving Pogba on his own.

mu4c_20le

Some good, some bad, he won the ball a few times in the second half which really helped Pogba in the midfield. Fred and McT really need to step up next season.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Much better second half. He needs legs beside him to play. Too many times he was the only mid covering the whole area. Both Pogba and Bruno was caught out of position.

If he is playing, we need Fred or McT to play else play a diamond .

Valencia Shin Crosses

Did people really think he was great tonight? I thought he was dreadful except for probably the last 20 minutes when he played much better, but he very well could have cost us a goal or 2 earlier on. He’s quite clearly someone who needs an equal player that brings the attributes he does to rotate with instead of playing every game to the point where he has no mobility.

He’s also annoyingly one footed which makes it much easier for defenders pressuring him.

Snuffkin

Thought he was amongst the worst players on the pitch tonight, moved like an oil tanker, defensively all over the place and again dropped unnecessarily to slot between 2 CBs leaving Pogba on his own.
Yeah he was knackered mctominay must have been itching to get on

Strelok

Did people really think he was great tonight? I thought he was dreadful except for probably the last 20 minutes when he played much better, but he very well could have cost us a goal or 2 earlier on. He’s quite clearly someone who needs an equal player that brings the attributes he does to rotate with instead of playing every game to the point where he has no mobility.

He’s also annoyingly one footed which makes it much easier for defenders pressuring him.
He just needs a rest, as everyone else in the team imo.

Agreed he had a bad game though. His sloppy pass at the start of the match almost cost us the game. Btw his pass to Martial was awesome.

acnumber9

He was in the defensive places to win the ball more often than anyone else on our team. Baffles me that people can’t see that our improvement coincided with Matic coming into the team just as much as Bruno being signed.

youngrell

You and I see football in a completely different way I think. He bailed out the defence numerous times and as always showed for the ball at every opportunity.

He did play one very bad ball and another one which was a bit sloppy but other than that he had a fantastic game.

Probably deserves an extra £20 for babysitting Williams for the first hour too.

DarkXaero

Good second half but he was awful in the first half. Surprised to see the MotM level praise here.

Andersons Dietician

I mean weird one. Looked a liability at times in the first half. Was terrible on the ball for most of the game however he always seemed to be in the right place defensivly So I can’t decide was it a good performance or bad. I was left feeling he certainly needs replaced as he just can’t do multiple games in succession so a successor is needed but it was a bit of a meh performance.

You and I see football in a completely different way I think. He bailed out the defence numerous times and as always showed for the ball at every opportunity.

He did play one very bad ball and another one which was a bit sloppy but other than that he had a fantastic game.

Probably deserves an extra £20 for babysitting Williams for the first hour too.
Aye, but you’re wasting your time if that poster doesn’t even realise that Matic dropping into a back 3 in those possession moments is a tactical team decision.

Red00012

He was better today , although I’m not getting this whole dropping back as a 3rd centre back. It doesn’t help Pogba further up the field.

AneRu

I mean weird one. Looked a liability at times in the first half. Was terrible on the ball for most of the game however he always seemed to be in the right place defensivly So I can’t decide was it a good performance or bad. I was left feeling he certainly needs replaced as he just can’t do multiple games in succession so a successor is needed but it was a bit of a meh performance.
I think he was good though not as composed or solid with the ball but defensively he was great. We definitely need a successor for next season though because his performances deteriorate the more games he plays in succession.

Bojan11

Awesome performance today. Together with Lindelof, by far our best players.
Nah.

He was ok. Shit the bed when they pressed him and gave the ball in a dangerous area to Leicester, which could have resulted in a goal.

Vernon Philander

Overall had a pretty good game - shielded well, always offered and kept it moving forward. Our uptick in form has him to partially thank this year.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
RABs back I see after avoiding the thread for a week. So predictable. The new Glaston.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
We badly need a cover for him. He can't play week in week out anymore

Andersons Dietician

Hmmmm

73 passes (most on the pitch)
86.3% pass completion
1 absolute beauty of a slide rule pass to Martial
That was a good pass, but what about the gifted pass to Inacho or the times he would just play safe pass To the side or the amount of times he put others in trouble with soft or short passes, or when the pass was behind them so they had to check back and stop their momentum to pick up the ball. Stats don’t always reflect the true story of a game and his passing was poor today.

He wasn’t the only one to suffer from that today.

R'hllor

Where we want to be, he should never get a new contract, people talking about his pass to Martial, which was a great pass and he was in certain moments in right defensive positions but in first half the moment he gets pressed just a little bit, its all over the place. go watch the replay.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Thought he was rubbish in the first half, and then a lot better in the second.

Hilarious when he lost his shit for that Morgan chance...he threw a right fit.

LoneStar

He was in the defensive places to win the ball more often than anyone else on our team. Baffles me that people can’t see that our improvement coincided with Matic coming into the team just as much as Bruno being signed.
If he isn’t scoring/assisting or making sliding tackles, he isn’t good mate. Also doesn’t shout around or play dirty enough. What’s the point of a footballer if we can’t make a good highlights reel on YouTube with crappy music in the background.

I’d be really interested in seeing our form with and without him, especially our defensive record.

But on a serious note, he needs to be rested adequately and well managed going into next season. Now is an ideal time to bring in a potential replacement. Don’t think Fred or McT can replace him effectively.

Red_toad

Much better second half. He needs legs beside him to play. Too many times he was the only mid covering the whole area. Both Pogba and Bruno was caught out of position.

If he is playing, we need Fred or McT to play else play a diamond .
Seen the same issues when he and Pogba play in midfield so many times. I doubt we’re going to really compete unless we upgrade one or both of them. Matić, Pogba and Fernandes while all individually good aren’t a great combination.
Matic certainly has been vital in us securing 3rd. He looked to lead our midfield and defence.

Sylar

We need a young version of him (even if not ready) to basically learn from him / share responsibility i guess. Hes been great for us since coming back into the team (around Jan).

SATA

He is Jose’s best signing imo. I just wish he was 26 and we can have his peak years. He’s very composed and cultured on the ball, doesn’t panic and almost always finds the right pass. Scott will do well to learn from him. He should also be left out of the EL squad entirely and let him recover completely for the new season

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I agree on this one. Defensively in first half there were many times he was just jogging back when we were under counter and specifically I remember the one when Vardy had a go with DDG. 2nd half was better at least.

This is probably the issue about having 3 slow defensive player (Matic, Lindelof & Maguire). We lack players that can recover the ball quickly when under counter. I think we need at least one of them to be quick.

Last edited:

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Very much agree with you on that.
He is strong and physical and makes United quite hard to beat.
Nothing complicated. Just an 8/10 player.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
He is Jose’s best signing imo. I just wish he was 26 and we can have his peak years. He’s very composed and cultured on the ball, doesn’t panic and almost always finds the right pass. Scott will do well to learn from him. He should also be left out of the EL squad entirely and let him recover completely for the new season
Best of the worst, there is almost nothing good in Jose's signings. Poor plan, decision & investment from the manager. I would say Pogba is the only one considered as the positive one. Even when we signed Lindelof, there was Maguire (cheaper) & Van Dijk (expensive but proven) available.

Imo when spending big money, we need to see whether it's worthy for the investment or no, it's not just based on what they can bring for short term. 40m plus 5m adds on for 29 years old DM especially when Carrick was about to retire just not worthy. Fabinho was available for the same price or less. Unpopular opinion, I think Gueye could be a cheaper & more suitable signing in 2017 since he's similar to Kante (Pogba's partner in double pivot in France).

edcunited1878

When any team is playing out from the back and they are committed to it, the chances of having loose passes and losing possession will obviously increase. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. Punt the ball and clear your lines = why are you just giving up possession?! Lose possession while trying to play out of the back instead of just clearing your lines to bypass pressing = why are you playing out from the back, just kick it away!

He was good and did his job well. Calm when going forward with the ball, passed with both of his feet, and was able to get around central midfield all things considered.

SAFMUTD

He got better in the second half but I dont understand why some posters think he was MOTM. In the first 30 minutes he was shacky as feck, missed a lot of simple passes and gave away a dangerous ball that we were lucky not to concede from.

When he's at 100% he's class, eventhough he's not fast his ability to read the game makes him efficient. But when his level drops he's nearly useless, he doesnt have gray performances he's either great or a bump.

We need cover for him, since neither Fred nor McTominay can do his job properly.

gza the genius

We badly need a cover for him. He can't play week in week out anymore
This is my main issue with him. When he's rested he's usually great but when he's tired he seems to not be able to handle opponents pressing him whatsoever. We didn't have much choice in our run-in but to keep playing him but we can't afford to rely on him to make the midfield tick for an entire season.

Status
Not open for further replies.