Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Red cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

keithsingleton

It's great to see he's got his mojo back. Remember when we stole him from the Chavs, it was some signing thanks to Mourhino. Appears to have found a new lease of life again and was very happy to see him sign another contract.

Never heard him complain/moan. Keeps of social media or least I think he does. Absolute gentelman off and on the pitch.

Web of Bissaka

These stats doesn't tell the whole story but interesting nonetheless.

Season 19/20With MaticWithout Matic
Scored59/33 = 1.7949/25 = 1.96
Conceded24/33 = 0.7323/25 = 0.92
Clean Sheet19/33 = 0.5807/25 = 0.28

Seems we tend to score more without him, but a lot weaker defensively.
The team tend to score slightly less with him, but far stronger defensively.

But then how many of this is "covered" by Bruno?

Season 19/20 (Pre-Bruno)With MaticWithout Matic
Scored25/17 = 1.4736/21 = 1.71
Conceded12/17 = 0.7123/21 = 1.10
Clean Sheet11/17 = 0.6503/21 = 0.14

:lol: Ok not much changes. He's part of our best 11 for many good reasons. We score less without him but our defense will be a lot worse.+Bruno covered Matic's lower goals input weakness well so it's not a problem.

It's a good trade-off.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Thought apart from one misplaced pass he basically didn't put a foot wrong.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
????? Really? We looked much better after he came on
Did we? They attacked just as much as they did before he was on. He missed plenty of tackles and made some stupid fouls.

gave the ball away in right areas constantly,

he made a few nice runs forward I’ll give him that, but I thought he was pretty bad compared to his pre lockdown form.

Adam-Utd

Thought apart from one misplaced pass he basically didn't put a foot wrong.
The stupid tackle on the edge of our box, he let his man ghost passed him for a shot early on, he put Lindelöf under big pressure with an under hit pass backward. So many things tbh.

its funny that people don’t see what he does badly but as soon as fred makes 1 bad pass people are all over him. Very odd.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Adds so much composure to the team. He was covering ground a lot quicker than usual, which was great.

Kag

Did we? They attacked just as much as they did before he was on. He missed plenty of tackles and made some stupid fouls.

gave the ball away in right areas constantly,

he made a few nice runs forward I’ll give him that, but I thought he was pretty bad compared to his pre lockdown form.
We looked significantly better. Matic breaks the midfield line very well, in an old-school Carrick sort of way. Every time he comes on the transition through midfield improves straight away.

He isn’t perfect; he remains our necessary evil. But we don’t have anybody else that can do what he does at the base of midfield, even in spite of his tendency to get caught on the ball and lumber around.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Matic looked nervier than he should IMO. He's meant to be the experience in this inexperienced team. He's won Premier League titles etc. However, the deeper into extra time we got the more panicky he got. Lucky he didn't f-k it up for us in the end.

Adam-Utd

We looked significantly better. Matic breaks the midfield line very well, in an old-school Carrick sort of way. Every time he comes on the transition through midfield improves straight away.

He isn’t perfect; he remains our necessary evil. But we don’t have anybody else that can do what he does at the base of midfield, even in spite of his tendency to get caught on the ball and lumber around.
His forward passing is quite good but it’s more “what he should be good at” that I have issue with.

so many times tonight they had overlaps on williams side and he wasn’t there to help, defensively I thought he was poor tonight.

Foxbatt

The team composure changed the moment he came on. He needs to play in most of the important games. It is not that he should not be replaced and he should be but at the moment in time we have no one who can play his position.

Redlyn

Good game from him. He adds balance to the side when he plays. Ole played it smart today allowing him to come on fresh after Fred had held his own to add composure in the second part of the match.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I know it’s borderline, but does he count as the first ever United player to have two birthdays in one season?

Status
Not open for further replies.