5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Red & White

Had a fantastic game. Calm in possession, did the simple things well and pushed forward late on. I must admit I’m not a great fan of the Matic/ Pogba combo but it looked better towards the end of the game as Pogba started to look a bit more interested! If they both start they need to be on it for 90 minutes, though, if we want to have aspirations of challenging and putting games to bed earlier.

United in sin

"We play Matic against all the shite teams though. Because we play dreadful, funeral football when he's in the midfield and we can't do that against tough opposition with quality in the centre of the park."

' @TwoSheds

He's still comfortably better than McTominay IMO and easily our best DM even at this juncture in his career. You're being harsh really

Dr Foo

Our only DM with a touch of deep control and class. As others have mentioned, it would be good to try pairing him more with the likes of Fred rather than Pogba, to give more balance and dynamism in our midfield. We could do with a younger and more mobile version of him to move up a level.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
"We play Matic against all the shite teams though. Because we play dreadful, funeral football when he's in the midfield and we can't do that against tough opposition with quality in the centre of the park."

' @TwoSheds

He's still comfortably better than McTominay IMO and easily our best DM even at this juncture in his career. You're being harsh really
I can't find that post so I'll reply to you.

The bolded part is somehow true but this is just how we set up with him and Pogba. To be honest I'm not sure if it's Matic who should be criticized as he's doing his role very well.

Matic is still by far our best midfielder, on current form he should get first XI spot in midfield in big games.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Probably the worst sub appearance I’ve ever seen. What the hell was he doing?! Looked like he was chasing shadows

Adam-Utd

What the hell were you watching?
he literally did nothing?! He made so many unnecessary fouls, ran completely passed luiz when he had a shot on the edge of the box.. just an absolutely dreadful performance

acnumber9

he literally did nothing?! He made so many unnecessary fouls, ran completely passed luiz when he had a shot on the edge of the box.. just an absolutely dreadful performance
Are you sure that wasn’t McTominay doing nothing? He was an instant improvement.

Red Royal

He did so much better than McT today, steadied the midfield apart from the inevitable 5 minutes of kitchen sink.

Adam-Utd

Are you sure that wasn’t McTominay doing nothing? He was an instant improvement.
Mctominay was bad, matic was absolutely shocking. Constantly fouling people under zero pressure is not a good thing

Buffalo Bills

Very clever player who knows exactly when and how to foul to relieve pressure. More circumspect after his booking. Fred could learn a lot from Matic

McTom was utterly awful again. And he was massively at fault for once again having absolutely ZERO sense of danger despite AWB already blocking the quick free kick once.

Matic just ran around kicking people, which he was clearly sent on to do, I loved it. Was a nothing performance but better a guy booting everyone up in the air than Mr take zero responsibility McTominay doing nothing.

Idxomer

Matic went into full thug mode and I loved it, he also didn't miss a pass after coming on.

Adam-Utd

It broke their rhythm numerous times. Thought he did well. McT had a shocker mind
Not for me, just allowed them multiple set pieces and got up the pitch into our box for no reason.

maybe you guys come from a different era where kicking and fouling players in a non dangerous area is a good thing but he just brought us pressure for no reason.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Not for me, just allowed them multiple set pieces and got up the pitch into our box for no reason.

maybe you guys come from a different era where kicking and fouling players in a non dangerous area is a good thing but he just brought us pressure for no reason.
The only dangerous free kick they got at the end was the one Shaw gave away.

Matic was giving them centrally and 50+ yards from goal.

prateik

Really enjoyed watching him constantly foul them.. We dont do that anywhere near often enough.

evil_geko

His fouls were great disrupt of their flow. He knew what he was doing.

el3mel

Matic is a fantastic defensive option to have in the squad for moments like these.

acnumber9

Fouling aside, it was no coincidence that our best spell in the game was the 10-15 minutes after he came on.
Managed correctly, Matic has a massive role to play for United still. A younger midfielder of that ilk would go a long way to making us a better team.

NoneBmStore

He was brought on to do exactly what he did !
Foul players at midfield, before the reach our box and our defence starts panicking as always.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
McTom was utterly awful again. And he was massively at fault for once again having absolutely ZERO sense of danger despite AWB already blocking the quick free kick once.

Matic just ran around kicking people, which he was clearly sent on to do, I loved it. Was a nothing performance but better a guy booting everyone up in the air than Mr take zero responsibility McTominay doing nothing.
Exactly. I am just baffled a player of his quality could make already over 100 appearances for us. The quality of the league went up and there's no easy game, you can't play someone who can't defend and can't do nothing with ball either there.

Matic is so slow but actually not too slower than McT, certainly positionally he's superb compared to Scott and his ball retention and passing is on another planet. Loved Matic taking no prisoners with his tackles, they deserved that for sure. Question now is if Matic can be somehow kept fresh and motivated to play there next to Fred. He's let us down so many times that I am not so confident but certainly our best option bar maybe some VDB.

I think even Donny has more positional sense there and buch better with the ball than McT, so we wouldn't struggle in transitions. People should look at Fred or Kante and see that a player doesn't need to be a big strong lad to be an excellent DM.

Jonno

Came on and utilised the ability to get a yellow card by kicking some people and it was beautiful

Controlled the midfield as much as possible

PlayerOne

Was begging for him to come on earlier in the half. Gives us so much control, he's still very useful player to have.

Status
Not open for further replies.