Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
He is past it. Himself and Mata physically were inferior to West Brom.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
He's like the cheap version of Carrick. Although Carrick's positioning was excellent, and his passing was superb.

Eggberto

I feel he was only given a new contract so his £40m transfer fee was amortised over 5 years rather than 3 years thus improving the balance sheet for Edd.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Offered this in attack:
Offered this in defence:

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Yesterday he worked his socks off in my opinion. Normally he was ball watching and lazy but yesterday he was much more aggressive and better work ethic, pretty much the first time he actually works his socks off this season but then again it’s West Brom.

Matic doesn’t offer enough in our midfield, very limited what he can offer, he lacks of either pace or playmaking ability. Definitely need an upgrade.

We need either someone who is more playmaker type but still good defensively like Carrick or someone with pace, physically strong, can hold the ball & defensively and offensively still good like Dembele, Partey or Zakaria. One of those type of player will improve us a lot and compliment Bruno & Fred.

Last edited:

Feed Me

I'm hungry
I genuinely feel like Matic regularly takes the piss out of us. Plays well for a few months at contract renewal time and then phones it in straight afterwards.

Footy van de Geek

He needs to be shown the door next summer.

Not mobile enough, takes too much time on the ball, and rarely plays a line splitting pass.

He shouldn't have started yesterday against a team we needed to break down. Although you could argue that this was his first league start since Spurs at home. Lacking match rhythm after a few weeks without playing.

Man Utd 4:1 Istanbul Basaksehir

simplyared

Seems to be a vendetta on here for Matic. He's nowhere near as bad as people make him out to be imho. He still has many good qualities to his game which people are missing. To start with he brings far more to the table than Fred for example and contributes far more than he does. And yet people heaping praise over Fred??

Remember the geese

Seems to be a vendetta on here for Matic. He's nowhere near as bad as people make him out to be imho. He still has many good qualities to his game which people are missing. To start with he brings far more to the table than Fred for example and contributes far more than he does. And yet people heaping praise over Fred??
The cheek of you claiming a vendetta against Matic, when you relentlessly and tediously drone on about Fred's shortcomings.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Are you serious? Why do you need to get Fred involved in this thread. You have some issue with Fred mate.

Let this sink in to your mind:

Fred with Donny vs Istanbul = 4-1 won
Matic with Donny vs Istanbul = 2-1 lost

Idxomer

He was great today especially under pressure and didn't put a foot wrong.

kundalini

Made a lot of tackles and interceptions. A bit untidy towards the end of the match, one rubbish clearance that went up in the air but only a couple of yards forwards. Didn't concede any fouls.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Put some real energy into chasing the opponents which is refreshing. His vast experience did the rest. Good game.

Mindhunter

He was brilliant today. No body can convince me otherwise. We were getting bullied all over the pitch and he was one of the players who kept it together. He was very composed on the ball and his trickery got us out of their press quite a few times and opened up the pitch. He also gave it his all. It wasn't easy for him to keep up with the pace but his energy today was infectious.

PoTMS

He sets the tone. If he plays well, we play well. When he's having a stinker, so does the team.

NoneBmStore

Great at disrupting the opponent off the ball, but his decision making with the ball is appalling really.

kiristao

Had a good game. Having Fred's energy and DVB's defensive work ahead of him helped him I think. Having said that, he didn't put a foot wrong whenever required.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Thought he was pure silk on the ball today and good off it too.

Devil may care

I was worried about him against their pressing but he did well and linked nicely with Van de Beek, I don't think he was as brilliant as some seem to feel but it was a decent performance.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
After every second game:

Past it
Brilliant today
Legs gone
Mammoth performance

Has a part to play, some games are perfect for him, some not, but a good option to have in our squad.
Exactly To think we have the depth in our MF now that Matic is a very good option and not relied on is a testament to how much we've improved our squad.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The diamond seems to suit him the most. I think having to run less and cover less ground and just use his reading of the game suits him more.

makes you wonder why we don’t try a 433 more often.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
He would be much better if he released the ball early. He likes to dribble and does that a little too often for my liking. This is not a criticism, but I feel he could be more effective if he executed the pass quickly, rather than run with the ball until everybody is covered. He does misplace a lot of passes too, just makes it up with a number of short easy passes (easily the most touches in every game he plays). He is too easy to beat at times too, seems moving rather quickly but reluctant to use his strength to put opposition players off balance.

Status
Not open for further replies.