Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Seems like he’s being phased out and we’ll be signing a replacement in the summer. You never really see him anymore.

Red00012

Matic and Fred is not a good combo if Fernandes is on the bench.

stevoc

He was alright, his legs have gone but he is still a good passer and rarely loses the ball when under pressure.

No idea why he gets so much stick. He's an experienced yet aging squad player and he's used as such.

SAFMUTD

His contract expires in summer 2023 so I can only expect him to suddenly become great for about 6-8 games around march 2023.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Quite respect that he was attempting line breaking passes to force a chance, didn’t work but I respect his efforts.

Matt851

His contract expires in summer 2023 so I can only expect him to suddenly become great for about 6-8 games around march 2023.
Imagine how slow he is going to be in that last year

He can pass the ball but often slows our attacks down by taking about 10 touches before passing

eire-red

Pretty much what you want from your backup midfielder. Did a solid job, and it's these games where you want him, so you can rest the likes of McTominay and Pogba (if he was fit).

Clearly we'll be looking to replace him in the coming transfer windows, either this summer or next, but can still be a useful senior player for us until then.

Sylar

Seems like he’s being phased out and we’ll be signing a replacement in the summer. You never really see him anymore.
Hope we do. Somebody that can pass from deep and read the game well would be excellent. Basically a young Carrick or a young Matic?

Matt851

Declan Rice, rice baby
Would declan rice really be worth the massive fee we would need to pay for him? Find it hard to judge a defensive midfielder playing for a team that sits so deep. Hard to know how good they are positionally. Personally i would prefer bissouma or fir a big fee ndidi

2 man midfield

Imagine West Ham get CL places ahead of Liverpool though.
As funny as that would be I reckon he’d still push for the move. Let’s hope both happen.
Would declan rice really be worth the massive fee we would need to pay for him? Find it hard to judge a defensive midfielder playing for a team that sits so deep. Hard to know how good they are positionally. Personally i would prefer bissouma or fir a big fee ndidi
Fair point, N’Didi would be great as well but Rice has that British passport Ole loves. Either way I hope we’re in for a DM.

SAFMUTD

Imagine how slow he is going to be in that last year

He can pass the ball but often slows our attacks down by taking about 10 touches before passing
He seems done at this moment I think he'll remain "useful" next year, but by 2023 he'll be more like a coach rather than a player. Something like Carrick in his last year.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
As funny as that would be I reckon he’d still push for the move. Let’s hope both happen.

Fair point, N’Didi would be great as well but Rice has that British passport Ole loves. Either way I hope we’re in for a DM.
Dunno how many times it has to be said but Solskjaer has signed far more foreign players than British ones. 3 out of his 9 signings are British.

Sylar

Think its been said by @AltiUn but i think the british passport thing is way overplayed, and maybe cos we were linked with maddison, grealish, bellingham, Sancho and even that one from Newcastle. I think all (but the last one) would still have made us better. But I think Ole is trying to go for quality as well as right mentality rather than just where they were born.

2 man midfield

Dunno how many times it has to be said but Solskjaer has signed far more foreign players than British ones. 3 out of his 9 signings are British.
Not that it matters, but I’d love us to sign more British players for what it’s worth. I think United should always have the best English players especially. I like the fact that we can field a really good side made up of British players and academy graduates.

Think its been said by @AltiUn but i think the british passport thing is way overplayed, and maybe cos we were linked with maddison, grealish, bellingham, Sancho and even that one from Newcastle. I think all (but the last one) would still have made us better. But I think Ole is trying to go for quality as well as right mentality rather than just where they were born.
It’s definitely a mentality thing, and I see why he wants to sign home grown players. They’re ready made, don’t take time to adjust and keep the core of United British. We’ve always had that, and it’s great to see it continue.

Kag

He was quite good last night and was unlucky to be hauled off when he was. Call him ‘done’ all you want but we haven’t got a midfielder who can keep hold of the ball like him. He’s easily the best we’ve got at breaking the lines, too. If he were ten years younger and a little more mobile we’d have a cracking player there.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Absolutely fantastic today. Was everywhere. Playmaking and breaking up attacks. Never gave it away. Massive performance.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
He actually played the game in midfield! Much better.

Glorio

Watching him, Maguire and Lindelof trying to play the ball out from the back while under the press was really uncomfortable. At the top end of the pitch though in the second half, he came alive. I like it when he dribbles there, it's like the defenders are caught out as they don't expect it

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Absolutely fantastic today. Was everywhere. Playmaking and breaking up attacks. Never gave it away. Massive performance.
Really? I thought the combination of himself and Fred was a disaster in the first half. Fred much the poorer throughout and Matic excellent once we got through that first hour but he wasn't doing anything for me until then.

el3mel

Had a really good game especially in second half. He's a quality presence in the squad even if he can't play every game.

MiracleInMadrid

Sometimes I feel like he is one of the only players in our team that are schooled properly. Seeks the ball, actually moves with the ball, does the unexpected from time to time, looks up for a teammate to pass to before he recieves the ball, drops deep when either one of our central defenders gets out of position etc.

He is a smart player. We need more players like him with more future in them.

Godfather

Sometimes I feel like he is one of the only players in our team that are schooled properly. Seeks the ball, actually moves with the ball, does the unexpected from time to time, looks up for a teammate to pass to before he recieves the ball, drops deep when either one of our central defenders gets out of position etc.

Sums it up well

RedIan

Th team was poor as whole first half. Last 30 minutes Matic was the stand out player with Shaw. He was superb on the ball in the final third and had big hand in the 2nd goal and penalty.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

He definitely looks like the most cultured CM in our team when he’s on his game.

Status
Not open for further replies.