Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aston Villa 1:3 Man Utd

Based Adnan

He has his uses still. Wouldn't want him starting every week but he's a good option to bring on to see out a lead and calm down the game when it's a bit hectic.

AshRK

His range of passing is actually pretty good. Decent cameo again.

Devil may care

Sitting with Ole today and was wit the coaching staff when the fans broke into Carrington, I wonder if he might move onto the coaching staff next season if he doesn't go to Romal

SoCross

Him sitting in front of defence gives such assurance. I can see the appeal for a Rice type of player, disciplined and will give the fullbacks so much license to fly up and attack.

Man Utd 1:2 Leicester

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
The worst performance by a United player this season. At fault for 2 goals, should've been at fault for a 3rd with DDG saving his arse, and gave the ball away with a woeful square pass that could've resulted in another. We already struggled for legs in midfield, yet he decided to play behind our CBs. Cowardly on the ball, never gave an option when our FBs were under pressure, and yet he'll get praised for making easy 5 yard passes under no pressure.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
The worst performance by a United player this season. At fault for 2 goals, should've been at fault for a 3rd with DDG saving his arse, and gave the ball away with a woeful square pass that could've resulted in another. We already struggled for legs in midfield, yet he decided to play behind our CBs. Cowardly on the ball, never gave an option when our FBs were under pressure, and yet he'll get praised for making easy 5 yard passes under no pressure.
Telles put in a worse performance literally last week.

He had some nice dribbling at times at least. That was fun.

Idxomer

:lol:

Red_toad

Seems a lot disagree with you!
Had a good game for me, bar not jumping for the header. showed a lot of leadership in midfield shielding the back line, calm and composed.

ivaldo

Telles put in a worse performance literally last week.

He had some nice dribbling at times at least. That was fun.
Telles didn't give away 3 clear goal scoring opportunities, 2 resulting in goals.

ivaldo

Seems a lot disagree with you!
Had a good game for me, bar not jumping for the header. showed a lot of leadership in midfield shielding the back line, calm and composed.
A hell of a lot more agree with me.

So he didn't lost his man for the first, get completely out jumped for the 2nd, and get beaten all ends up for DDGs save? :lol:

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur
I really did not see this coming. Thought he was our best player tonight.

Born2Lose

This joker and Mata need to be off if we're ever going to catch up with City.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Started quite strongly but faded like cheap dye in the washing machine.

marktan

You've got a weird agenda against Matic, you were slating him in the match thread from the word go.

Imo he was very good - showed his class on the ball multiple times. He is still leggy which leads to errors but his on the ball class was plain to see. Clearly he's not a long term option for us given that he doesn't start much.

ivaldo

You've got a weird agenda against Matic, you were slating him in the match thread from the word go.

Imo he was very good - showed his class on the ball multiple times. He is still leggy which leads to errors but his on the ball class was plain to see.
A weird against a shit player who plays shit. The way he passed the ball out on top of DDGs toes was immense. Classy how he lost his man for the first goal, ducked under a ball that was above his head for the second, and lost his man then passed it into his path for almost a 3rd. But yeah, if we ignore all the fatal errors and focus on his safe passing, he was terrific!

Absolutely no surprise that everyone eager to defend him don't want to discuss the plethora of errors he made that lead to goals and chances.

kundalini

Some good moments in the first half, though we got punished for his decision to press in the build-up to their goal, allowing Tielemans to run free and put in the cross for their first goal.

Matic's 2nd half performance was shocking. Terrible for their 2nd goal; made no attempt to win the header. Poor for Iheanacho's big chance that was saved. A few awful passes straight to Leicester players as well.

ManRed

Was good first half but poor and tired in the second. Read the game well in the first half and made a few important interceptions.

2nd half he seemed to tire down and made some poor passes and didn't jump defensively leading to the goal.

Sting

Best player after Greenwood today. Made a mistake for the goal but his overall play was very good imo his partner in midfield was MIA as always but Matić held his own.

With the right partner I think he can still thrive in Midfield.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
First half looked almost like in his best years in Chelsea... his stamina levels in the 2nd are nothing surprising.

Red_toad

A hell of a lot more agree with me.

So he didn't lost his man for the first, get completely out jumped for the 2nd, and get beaten all ends up for DDGs save? :lol:
Yeah sure 18% of votes for motm. And people laughing at your post and disagreeing with you. Carry on agreeing with yourself champ.

RORY65

I think he's been mostly bad throughout his time here (his 3 good spells which have lasted about 6 weeks have coincided with his arrival, the change of manager and him looking for a new contract) but in the first half I thought he was our best player, the problem is before it took a few games for him to look completely off the pace and become a liability while now it takes 45 minutes albeit it's probably a harsh time to single him out given as a team we struggled which is understandable for the youngsters but more concerning for the more experienced players.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
It never pays off when he drops into defence. It just doesn't work.

I don't get why he always leaves his partner on his own in midfield. Same happened when he played with Pogba. Good first half, but when they pinned us back he was shocking.

ivaldo

Yeah sure 18% of votes for motm. And people laughing at your post and disagreeing with you. Carry on agreeing with yourself champ.
Yet again, someone too cowardly to actually discuss the fatal errors that lead to goals. Go on, tell me he wasn't at fault for both goals. I can't wait to read the shite you offer up.

SoCross

Immense in the first half, poor in the second.

2nd goal, thought it was Rashford who lost his man by the way.

Foxbatt

No he wasn'ts responsible for the first goal. The 2nd he got out jumped but this is the problem with the zonal marking.

georgipep

ivaldo

Immense in the first half, poor in the second.

2nd goal, thought it was Rashford who lost his man by the way.
It was Rashfords man, and Matic's zone. Matic wasn't marking anyone and is meant to attack the ball when it comes into his zone. He ducked.

ivaldo

No he wasn'ts responsible for the first goal. The 2nd he got out jumped but this is the problem with the zonal marking.
Yes he was. It was his man that crossed the ball. He ran off him when Matic stepped up.

Dan_F

I thought he was decent in the first half. The second goal wasn’t his fault.

People are expecting him to be very dynamic in midfield to track the player for the first goal, yet also out jump a centre back (who wasn’t blocked off) from a standing jump.

Id have to watch the first goal again, but I don’t see how he was expected to turn and track his man, once he’d made the decision to press.

ivaldo

I thought he was decent in the first half. The second goal wasn’t his fault.
Then what is he doing in the box. Genuinely, explain it to me. What's his job.

Red_toad

Yet again, someone too cowardly to actually discuss the fatal errors that lead to goals. Go on, tell me he wasn't at fault for both goals. I can't wait to read the shite you offer up.
Yeah champ sure I already commented on him not jumping for the header. He obviously pissed on your breakfast, as you’ve a serious agenda against him, so not wasting any time further debating Matic with you as you only see what you want to see and nothin fatal happened, no one died, we just got to read your dredge posts about him! Move on get a life champ.

Status
Not open for further replies.