Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Looks great in pre-season games played at walking pace. Shouldn't be getting anywhere near the first team in a PL game unless we're in fecking crisis.

lost7

His legs are done, couldn't move in the second half. He can't start premier league games anymore, so we absolutely need someone in midfield

I feel like we've been here about 3 years in a row. He's finished. Off the ball players used to run past him with ease, now he sits so deep they don't have to. On the ball he offers zero movement and passing options for his teammates.

What fecks me off most though is whenever he plays it's throwing the other midfielders under the bus and half our fans get on their backs instead.

Idxomer

I bet if you were to put Carrick instead of him today, he would be more useful.

Sylar

I think we want him due to his passing from deep. But when theres pressure, its trouble. And you know how Southampton under this manager set up, so this was asking for trouble.
But at the same time, were playing southampton, there is no need for both him and Fred.

AneRu

Should have been replaced two years ago but we will wait for Rice when we can sign someone just as good for a fraction of the price. Anyone with a brain could see that our CM options aren't up to the standard required but paddle along with these limited players.

Raven

It was a mistake starting him and it was a huge fecking mistake leaving him on for 85 minutes. He needs to retire.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
He is finished at this level but we keep persisting with him. He may get you 1-2 performance here and there but mostly he is a liability

UnitedFan93

Anyone know when we last won a match when he started?

We always seem to drop points when he's in the starting eleven.

Djemba-Djemba

Absolutely awful.

Got us in trouble constantly by giving the ball away or getting caught on the ball.

How the feck is he still here?

Zlatanator

I think Ole got the line-up right but this Matic-Fred mf just doesn't work. Today's performance shall prompt him to swap Rice and Lingard ASAP

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Bad first half. Better 2nd half... for about 15 minutes, then bad again.

He's looks finished, certainly at this level anyway. But we need him just for numbers, we are so thin in central midfield.

R'hllor

Played some 5/10 games when his contract was up in the air, ofcourse Ole and United gave him a new one and CAF went : Well deserved :lol:

Art

Art the artist
Still expect him to play 3 good games in December and get his contract extended by a couple years. We’re absolute mugs.

Pyro19

He's finished at the top level, he's trying his best but you can see the legs just aren't there.

We really need a midfielder

Zen86

What? Matic didn't offer Fred any support. Matic dropped so deep that most times Fred found himself as a 1 man midfield.
There was plenty of sloppy passing by Fred which put us under unnecessary pressure. But that’s besides the point, they were both poor.

Lights Out

He epitomises us when we’re at our worst. Slow, ponderous, lazy and sluggish.

Baffling that the manager started him and even more so that people try and justify it because he had a half-decent 45 minutes in pre-season :houllier:

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
We worse when Fred went off and that’s saying something.

mav_9me

I feel like we've been here about 3 years in a row. He's finished. Off the ball players used to run past him with ease, now he sits so deep they don't have to. On the ball he offers zero movement and passing options for his teammates.

What fecks me off most though is whenever he plays it's throwing the other midfielders under the bus and half our fans get on their backs instead.
Couldn't be more obvious and yet here he is starting an away game. :houllier::houllier:

Ace of Spades

Why is he still here ? He can't run and slows the game down to a crawl. Should have been sold a long time ago. Pointless player.

SAFMUTD

Close competition between Mata and him for the "player who should have retired already" award.

Can't get slower than that.

I'm convinced him dropping so low to be a basically third CB is a tactical instruction, maybe to allow the wingbacks to get further. It has to be, otherwise I don't understand how Ole could saw that and think "sure this is the right thing to do, let Fred all alone in midfield".

Devil may care

He's got rigor mortis at this point, had a solid 15 minutes in the 2nd half and then crashed.

Tiber

His legs are done, couldn't move in the second half. He can't start premier league games anymore, so we absolutely need someone in midfield
His legs were done before we signed him

Status
Not open for further replies.