5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Golden Nugget

I won’t lie. I was furious and yelling wtf Ole when he came on.

moments later, I was calling him a genius.
Fair play to Ole and Matic!

Walters_19_MuFc

His pass appreciation was very good when he came on. The ball he played to Lingard was superb, which ultimately allowed us to go on and win the game. Nice cameo!

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Passing through the lines from #6. How we've missed you...

...if Matic's legs weren't gone it'd solve so many issues this season.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
It’s a real shame he’s so immobile and has the turning circle of the Ever Given because his line breaking passing is excellent and very much needed.

izec

We need to find a younger version. Showed why Fred and McTominay should just be squad players

ricky-romeo

A 26 year old matic we would have an almost complete team.

The key now is for Ole to manage matic's minutes. Hope he is not starting in midweek.

Chairman Steve

In an ideal world, Matic is his 2014-2017 self with McTominay and Fred as other options in central midfield… and our team is near perfect.

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
Needed to come on sooner because McFred were doing diabolical things with the ball.

Someone that can pass to feet, quickly and accurately was amazing. So starved of basic central midfield play we are.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
God I wish he was 5-6 years younger, his assist today shows his football IQ - he's capable of playing passes that can slice through a low block, and did this last week against Newcastle too.
Just a shame his legs aren't as quick as his brain anymore.

MadMike

Tbf nothing new from Matic today. His passing ability and intelligence were never in doubt. This is a reminder not a revelation.

But we all know he doesn’t have the energy or pace to last the 90’, that’s why he’s on the bench and comes on in the last 5-10 minutes.

Ashish Negi

Can ole give him personal physio ? Just play him for 70-80 minutes in PL and don't play him in UCL and Cup games till February.

Red_toad

Thought Ole was looking to secure the draw with the subs. But Matic instantly started dictating play, a world of difference to Fred. Really need to scouting team to find us a younger version. Well done Ole, Matic and Jesse inspirational stuff.

Foxbatt

75.40mins Matic is warming up on the sideline. They had the ball on the left in front of him and he immediately pointed to something at our players and warning them of some movement and the next instant they broke on our right as he had pointed out and if one of their players had not tripped they would have put in a dangerous cross. He was a top player whose legs have gone. I think there are enough games where he can come in late in the game and dictate the tempo and control things in midfield.

Adamsk7

He’s a great player that’s now past his best. We should never forget that the things he’ll never lose (passing ability, technique, press resistance, reading of the game) are still very useful to us if managed correctly. Based on ability alone and with a good rest before a game, he’s the best pure central midfielder we have.
I’d like to see him line up with McTominay more as he can provide the legs and Matic the brain. The McFred combo is all legs no brain.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
To be fair, we have Varane now in XI not Lindelof so we don't really need Fred to cover lot of ground and run like headless chicken to over protect the CBs again. We might be able to get away playing him alongside McTominay. But I still have doubt in Matic's stamina that he even can play full 90 minutes.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
It was the right substitution by Ole. We needed someone in midfield to take control and start dictating things going forward. None of Scott or Fred were doing that. Matic is a really good midfield “general”

Man Utd 0:1 West Ham

Devil may care

I've never been a big fan but he was my MOTM, some of his passing didn't come off but he was press resistant and regularly found forward out balls as well as some good driving runs.

Eddy_JukeZ

He was good.

Faded at the end(had that 1 really bad pass).

Also, him kneeing that West Ham player was weird.

Abraxas

Hard to assess, didn't get us a grip on things early on. Yes he pinged some decent stuff around but West Ham had more or less set their stall out by then. I think you saw the usual, bad when we're under the cosh or facing counters, good when he can get his head up and knock it around through the lines. A few nice dribbles which always look strange but he usually does them we'll.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Wouldn't mind a montage of his greatest hits from the 2nd half :lol:

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
When he randomly kneed the West Ham guy in the nuts :nervous:
I think that was revenge for a nudge or a small off the ball incident that happened when competing for the long ball. Similar to when Pogba shoved over that player last weekend like 20 seconds in. :lol:

Nickelodeon

Typical Jekyll and Hyde performance from him. If we just take his better bits, then he is the DM we need. His ability to pass between the lines and hold off the press is not something that McT, Fred or VdB have. Also, his run in the box to create the chance for Martial was the best chance we created all game.

However, as usual, as the game went on, he lost his legs and started making random mistakes.

Still, not a bad midfield option to bring from the bench.

JoaquinJoaquin

To be honest, apart from 1 bad game he has started this season pretty well. Would prefer he starts more than McTominay when possible, although don't want him playing 2-3 times a week at this point.

jesperjaap

Typical Jekyll and Hyde performance from him. If we just take his better bits, then he is the DM we need. His ability to pass between the lines and hold off the press is not something that McT, Fred or VdB have. Also, his run in the box to create the chance for Martial was the best chance we created all game.

However, as usual, as the game went on, he lost his legs and started making random mistakes.

Still, not a bad midfield option to bring from the bench.
Agree, he is still a solid squad option which is much need this season with our failure to make a single purchase in the area that for me it was most needed

Status
Not open for further replies.