5.3 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Strats

He’s been a class act during his time here. Can’t remember him ever moaning about sitting on the bench.

Despite his obvious decline, he’s provided some professionalism, calmness and structure to the chaos of a midfield that we’ve possessed over the years.

Kag

Remains the only midfielder at the club that has any sort of understanding of what a midfielder is actually meant to do. Nearly dead, of course.

Jesus, our squad planning has been bad.

Telsim

If only he were 10 years younger... Wonder what goes through his head watching Scott?

lsd

The Oracle
Only saw the 2nd half but laughed seeing Mata, Matic and Ronaldo sprinting around the place.

They are three players who know what it takes to win trophies and it's a shame so many other players we have don't have that mentality

OverratedOpinion

He was fine, a decent Premier League midfielder putting in a decent performance. He highlights our biggest issue so bloody clearly, pundits act like it is a mystery.

Matic at his absolute best was probably at the lower end of the top 10 midfielders in the league. Yet when he plays less than 2 games a week for us he looks like a rolls royce compared to what we usually see. We have not had a decent midfield in years and midfield is by a mile the most important position in modern football. Imagine having 3 midfielders of a similar level who are under 30. That is what we need, every other player will instantly look drastically better.

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
The only one that doesn't absolutely shit his pants when he gets the ball under any sort of pressure. Still a fighter too.

He'll ball out in the slow pace of Italy.

acnumber9

Him and Ronaldo were the only ones who wouldn’t have looked out of place in that Chelsea team tonight. It’s a crime he’s the first one out the door.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Him and Ronaldo were the only ones who wouldn’t have looked out of place in that Chelsea team tonight. It’s a crime he’s the first one out the door.
It's his own decision. He wanted to leave two years ago when he had offers from Italy, but the club held onto him. Fair play to him, as he's always been professional. Wish him well.

acnumber9

It's his own decision. He wanted to leave two years ago when he had offers from Italy, but the club held onto him. Fair play to him, as he's always been professional. Wish him well.
It is but I can’t help but feel he’s been forced out a little.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
It is but I can’t help but feel he’s been forced out a little.
How so? This club is desperate to keep hold of its players, regardless of performances. Look at Lingard. Had an amazing shop window. Transfer tap-in for the club. No, let's allow Ole to keep him as a card up his sleeve type of player, tickle Jesse's ego and keep him here. Same with Bailly. Kicked up a fuss when he wasn't getting games on the eve of a big European game last season, no problem, just get a new contract.

As I said, Matic wanting to leave is something that's been brewing for 2 seasons now. I can't hold that against him. I doubt it's because of him being forced out. If anything, he was forced to stay. He'll enjoy football much more in a slower league where he can impact games in a functioning side, sharing a dressing room with non-cnuts.

acnumber9

How so? This club is desperate to keep hold of its players, regardless of performances. Look at Lingard. Had an amazing shop window. Transfer tap-in for the club. No, let's allow Ole to keep him as a card up his sleeve type of player, tickle Jesse's ego and keep him here. Same with Bailly. Kicked up a fuss when he wasn't getting games on the eve of a big European game last season, no problem, just get a new contract.

As I said, Matic wanting to leave is something that's been brewing for 2 seasons now. I can't hold that against him. I doubt it's because of him being forced out. If anything, he was forced to stay. He'll enjoy football much more in a slower league where he can impact games in a functioning side, sharing a dressing room with non-cnuts.
More being forced out by the current shit show. There’s been plenty of times he’s been a scapegoat by our support.

Sylar

If he hadnt said hes leaving, I wouldnt be surprised if the club gave him an extension based on the last few games :lol:

Yagami

Good post resistant
Pains me watching him knowing we could've got a younger version of him in Arthur easily in January.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Shame about us only now just getting in a modern manager. A few years younger and he'd have been great in ten Hag's team.

Trex

If you look at the team yesterday there was a genuine lack of quality, he performance highlights Mcsause incompetence, when you consider our midfield for next season we need at least two new quality additions.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Great player, love his feints and dribbles in midfield. Isnt quite an elite passer but the best we have.

Its telling that Mata and Matic have easily been our most technical players when they play.

Godfather

I'll miss him. Proper shithouse and a great footballer. Shame we got him too late. Ten times the footballer any of our other midfielders are.

Kostov

We should have gotten him when he got back in the PL. He was and still can demonstrate at times, what a proper CDM should do. Players like McT and Fred are laughable in comparison.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
If he hadnt said hes leaving, I wouldnt be surprised if the club gave him an extension based on the last few games :lol:
I find it hard to dislike Matic, however its really noticeable to me that his best periods of form for us - by far - have been shortly before he signed his first contract renewal, and now in the last few weeks when he is seeking his next club. I can't help but wonder if he has been fully committed in between those times.

Dudu

Top bloke. Great way to sign off at OT.

Good luck to the him where ever he ends up.

tomaldinho1

Good guy, solid player if ancient but has never caused issues like others. Best of luck Matic.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Grandpa matic showing how its done to the youngsters.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
He should stay for one more year. Only 33 and can actually play the midfield role ETH is looking for.

Would be missed.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
The only regret we should have is not signing him when he was younger. A great DM. A younger version of him next season will set us up nicely.

SeanyC

If only he was 5/6 years younger under a better manager…thanks Matic

Irwin99

Classy again. Nice send off too.

I wish him well. I'm guessing Roma or another club in Italy would love to have him.

el3mel

Was a joy to watch him play in our jersey. Really a fantastic midfielder and class on and off the ball, not to mention a great person as well.

Best of luck in your upcoming move, Matic.

One of our best signings post Fergie. Wish all our signings were as classy as him. 40m well spent.

Status
Not open for further replies.