Television Netflix’s [He-Man] Masters of the Universe: Revelation

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
Could be interesting.

I’m not a huge He-Man fan but I used to watched the film with Dolph Lundgren quite often as a kid. Seems so shit looking back at it :lol:

AaronRedDevil

Nice seeing Kevin smith behind this. Hope it succeeds. Never watched it before so it’ll be new.

decorativeed

[Media]
The comments section on this video really is something. Thousands of grown men whining that a cartoon may not conform to their demands for masculinity. Hundreds more complaining that the voices are different to how they were 35 years ago, and similar amounts whinging that Prince Adam is too skinny. What's wrong with these morons?

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
[Media]
The comments section on this video really is something. Thousands of grown men whining that a cartoon may not conform to their demands for masculinity. Hundreds more complaining that the voices are different to how they were 35 years ago, and similar amounts whinging that Prince Adam is too skinny. What's wrong with these morons?
Is anyone declaring that their childhood is now ruined? That's always my favourite when old content is rebooted.

Trailer looks cool, loved He-Man when I was a kid. Mark Hamill being involved is a major plus too. Incredible voice actor.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Looking forward to this. I was a huge He-Man fan in the 80’s

decorativeed

Is anyone declaring that their childhood is now ruined? That's always my favourite when old content is rebooted.

Trailer looks cool, loved He-Man when I was a kid. Mark Hamill being involved is a major plus too. Incredible voice actor.
Oh yeah, plenty of those.

Do you know what actually does ruin your childhood? Going back and watching the old shows! They are so badly written! Some of the animation is dreadful too. We just didn't notice because we were 5 and the standard of kid's TV back then was really poor. Most were just glorified adverts for action figures. Compared to stuff like Avatar that my daughter has been watching, they are laughably bad.

The voice cast for this is great though. If they can tell a decent story, it'll be a massive improvement on the originals.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible

Do you know what actually does ruin your childhood? Going back and watching the old shows! They are so badly written! Some of the animation is dreadful too. We just didn't notice because we were 5 and the standard of kid's TV back then was really poor. Most were just glorified adverts for action figures. Compared to stuff like Avatar that my daughter has been watching, they are laughably bad.

The voice cast for this is great though. If they can tell a decent story, it'll be a massive improvement on the originals.
I just scanned some comments. Oof. Sounds like a whole bunch of conservative basement dwellers are mad at there not being quite enough ultra buff dudes in the show. The amount of times I read the word "woke" made it read like Piers Morgan wrote every comment.

They're mad about the lack of iron cross on his chest too. Which is just bizarre. There's a buttload of He-Man content where he doesn't have it, including that awful Dolph Lundgren film. But obviously, this time it's more "wokeness".

Fantasy and superhero content seriously has the worst fanbase.

decorativeed

I just scanned some comments. Oof. Sounds like a whole bunch of conservative basement dwellers are mad at there not being quite enough ultra buff dudes in the show. The amount of times I read the word "woke" made it read like Piers Morgan wrote every comment.

They're mad about the lack of iron cross on his chest too. Which is just bizarre. There's a buttload of He-Man content where he doesn't have it, including that awful Dolph Lundgren film. But obviously, this time it's more "wokeness".

Fantasy and superhero content seriously has the worst fanbase.
Yeah, it's infuriating. "Anything I don't like = woke bullshit". Wankers. I hope Teela shits in He-Man's handbag just to annoy them further!

If you watch the documentary on MOTU on Netflix, you'll see they were somehow being woke back in the 80s before the term existed. Difference was there was no social media back then for men-children to get their furry knickers in a twist over it on.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Yeah, it's infuriating. "Anything I don't like = woke bullshit". Wankers. I hope Teela shits in He-Man's handbag just to annoy them further!

If you watch the documentary on MOTU on Netflix, you'll see they were somehow being woke back in the 80s before the term existed. Difference was there was no social media back then for men-children to get their furry knickers in a twist over it on.
Awesome, I didn't know there was a He Man doc. I'll give it a watch today.

That makes sense though. A lot of fantasy and superhero stories seem to have a similar underlining stance, mostly ignored by half of its audience. A couple of examples being X-Men as an allegory for the civil rights movement, and Judge Dredd being all about fascism and police brutality. The people behind those stories were/are definitely big lefty woke snowflakes etc, but the neckbeards still seem to latch on to those stories for completely the wrong reasons. If you're reading Dredd comics thinking he's the good guy, you are most likely a legitimate psychopath, yet those people exist.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
There are people out there who still, after all this time, don't get the majority of the work 2000AD (one of the underrated comic book publishers out there, I may add) publish/produce.
Style over substance I guess.

Anyway, I hope Pig-boy is in this.

NotworkSte

That reminds me not to go back and watch Terrahawks. I loved that.

cyberman

Do not watch Bravestarr if you liked it as a kid. Trust me.

Reiver

Love He-Man, will definitely give this a go, trailers look good.
Also feel it's time to post this:

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I can barely remember he-man from back in the day it was that long ago, know I used to love it though.

The prince Adam skinny complaint I can sorta see, something about him in that trailer just looks off, he's not a good looking skinny, more like a smackhead skinny with a withdrawn face :lol:

Its nothing major though that is going to ruin it though. I'll definitely give this a watch :drool:

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
My only hope, if I were to ever sit down and watch this, is that Skeletor continues to be a idiot.

GueRed

Wow cant remember the last time i watched a cartoon!

Actually I did finally get round to Akira a few years ago.

That trailer is interesting though.

Really liked He-Man back in the 80's, I had a huge crush on She-Ra.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
[Media]
The best bit is they all hark back to former times, when men were more manly. Whining about the way modern society is emasculating them. Well guess what, nerds? When He-Man first came out grown men had zero interest in watching fecking children’s cartoons!

decorativeed

The best bit is they all hark back to former times, when men were more manly. Whining about the way modern society is emasculating them. Well guess what, nerds? When He-Man first came out grown men had zero interest in watching fecking children’s cartoons!
Touché!

cyberman

Wasnt He-man rebooted a few years ago? Complainers are a reboot behind

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
There's something uncomfortable about seeing old children fantasy cartoons re-imagined for a older demographic.

decorativeed

There's something uncomfortable about seeing old children fantasy cartoons re-imagined for a older demographic.
I've watched it this morning. Day off, and nothing else to do. It's aimed at anyone from 10 upwards, I'd say. My daughter loves the Avatar and Kora stuff, as well as the recent She-Ra series. I'm sure she'll enjoy watching this too.

I think at one point Evil Lyn says "bollocks", and the fighting is a little more violent - certainly more than in the bloodless 80s cartoons where they wielded swords but never used anything other than their fists. Otherwise it's definitely not adult-oriented.

Henry Rollins is great in this, by the way. An inspired but of casting.

JohnZSmith27

Getting review bombed apparently. Most critics giving it decent reviews but the user reviews slated it even before it came out.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Getting review bombed apparently. Most critics giving it decent reviews but the user reviews slated it even before it came out.
I walked in expecting something different, wasn't too happy after the first episode as it did seem as though it was doing things just to "mix it up" and be appealing to a different audience to the original.

It was a decent watch for the couple hours it killed and I'd watch more quite happily. Don't know if I missed the marketing or whatever but it just wasn't what anyone who watched it as a kid would expect.

Also the females in this are all built like Arnold Schwarzenegger.