Television Netflix announces 3 new Dave Chappelle comedy specials

ravi2

I saw Chapelle earlier this year in Toronto and he was dead good. He had 5 shows which sold out in minutes, I could only get 2 tickets.

rotherham_red

I cannot fecking wait!

I must have been his only fan in Northern England back in the early 2000s. Would download all the episodes of the show, torrenting them the day after, and watch his specials with almost religious regularity. I even bought the DVDs of both Chappelle's Show seasons, even though they wouldn't work on my player! I was only 16, but man, he was like a hero to me back then...

I was absolutely gutted that I missed out the last two times he came to London due to Ramadan in the first year, and having a knee op in the second. Thought I'd never see him again.

I still might not, but this Netflix deal is a more than adequate alternative!

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
In his prime he truly was an excellent comedian, one of the very best. Does he have the same motivation?

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Just when I thought I could keep my subscription cancelled for a while.

Loublaze

ATLien
I cannot fecking wait!

I must have been his only fan in Northern England back in the early 2000s. Would download all the episodes of the show, torrenting them the day after, and watch his specials with almost religious regularity. I even bought the DVDs of both Chappelle's Show seasons, even though they wouldn't work on my player! I was only 16, but man, he was like a hero to me back then...

I was absolutely gutted that I missed out the last two times he came to London due to Ramadan in the first year, and having a knee op in the second. Thought I'd never see him again.

I still might not, but this Netflix deal is a more than adequate alternative!
Should've skipped Ramadan but I guess you didn't have a choice

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Wouldn't say I hate him but i never understood the hype. His skits struck me as regressive without being very clever. Maybe his stand up is better.
Regressive? You sure you're using that word correctly?

Runner

Regressive? You sure you're using that word correctly?
It felt like he was trying to make big political statements in his skits but I only remember him for saying Im rick james bitch and playing that cocaine addict.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
That Ja Rule joke is something I look up on a yearly basis.

cyberman

It's a bit awkward when he goes into his fellow black man, way of life routine when the audience seems to be mostly white.
Rogan once said Dave doesn't realise how big and well known he is. I believe it.

reelworld

Just managed to saw his first special on YouTube before it got taken down.

I thought it was brilliant, classic Chappelle. I love the long joke about Cosby and the rapist superhero

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
The LA show was the funniest. Still great on social commentary and not afraid to be controversial.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
The guy is a genius. To have evolved from the former shrill, brash and over the top stand up of his youth, into his latest hour is amazing.

His earliest stand up is still some of the best I've ever seen. It was for a twentysomething me. Yet I like the latest work more at the age that I am. Less raucous laughter and more depth. Everything is so tight. Really liked the 1st. Will watch the second soon.

ravi2

Just got released on Netflix today, going to watch it tomorrow night....can't wait!

okLaptop1

Supports
Minnesota Vikings
Watching the first now, a bit distracting that he's name dropped two Netflix shows in the first 10 minutes though.

UnrelatedPsuedo

Watching the first now, a bit distracting that he's name dropped two Netflix shows in the first 10 minutes though.
Think he says the word Rape more often than he ever promotes Netflix shows.

He could've worn a Netflix tee and it wouldn't have distracted from the stand up for me.

okLaptop1

Supports
Minnesota Vikings
Think he says the word Rape more often than he ever promotes Netflix shows.

He could've worn a Netflix tee and it wouldn't have distracted from the stand up for me.
He could say rape as many times as he wants if it's for the comedy. The Netflix references are distracting because they're not for the comedy, they are product placements.

But hey, after all his time in entertainment wilderness, I don't begrudge him pimping their stuff for 60million or however much he's getting. And it's good to see he's still great at what he does.

UnrelatedPsuedo

He could say rape as many times as he wants if it's for the comedy. The Netflix references are distracting because they're not for the comedy, they are product placements.
I can't agree or disagree in regards to it being advertising.

I could be wrong but I think the one that's been released was recorded before he even inked the deal with Netflix. Only one was recorded post-deal.

The guy gives two poops about the Hollywood entertainment industry bs so I won't be too cynical.