Television Netflix UK

Mihajlovic

Its Baltic!
Why is it so bad? They don't even have the classics like Superman, Star Wars, Back to the future, Indiana Jones, Godfather, Terminator, Die Hard, etc, those type of movies that you can just watch over and over again.

Is the U.S. Netflix really that much better and is there any possibility of getting it here in the UK, somehow?!

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
I imagine the rights to those films cost a lot. I think Netflix is more about the television shows at the moment. You get Breaking Bad, IASIP, Trailer Park Boys, Daredevil, House of Cards, Orange is the New Black, Arrested Development and much more. I think it's awesome.

Hal9000

Why is it so bad? They don't even have the classics like Superman, Star Wars, Back to the future, Indiana Jones, Godfather, Terminator, Die Hard, etc, those type of movies that you can just watch over and over again.

Is the U.S. Netflix really that much better and is there any possibility of getting it here in the UK, somehow?!
Set up a US proxy, or download Hola browser plugin.

Mihajlovic

Its Baltic!
I imagine the rights to those films cost a lot. I think Netflix is more about the television shows at the moment. You get Breaking Bad, IASIP, Trailer Park Boys, Daredevil, House of Cards, Orange is the New Black, Arrested Development and much more. I think it's awesome.
Fine if you're into watching series, that's alright. But the movie selection is really bad. I mean they don't even have bloody Top Gun on there, or there are hardly any 1930s, 1940s, 1950s movies. Surely they aren't unaffordable.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Fine if you're into watching series, that's alright. But the movie selection is really bad. I mean they don't even have bloody Top Gun on there, or there are hardly any 1930s, 1940s, 1950s movies. Surely they aren't unaffordable.
I find if you have Sky Go for movies and Netflix for series, you're sorted

Phurry

Furry Fecker

unlocator.com, I've been using it for over a year and it's been perfect. There's a 7 day free trial, think it works out at about £3.50 a month if you do subscribe.

Hal9000

I'm watching it on my PS3, however. Is that still doable?
Yeah, it's a bit of a pain to switch between the two.

You need to google for US Netflix DNS IPS, then set up a manual network connection through the PS3 settings and when asked to put in primary or secondary DNS you use the IPs you find.

Phurry

Furry Fecker
TopGun is on the U.S. version I think.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Yep, subscribe to UnblockUS which is $4.99 per month (about £3.50).

You then change the DNS settings on your PS3 to theirs and it connects via their VPN.

You can then chose between a variety of countries on their website and access Netflix from whichever you like. Canada has some good stuff, too.

Its piss easy.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Just register to unblock-us. Its the easiest way. You pay $4.99 per month which is pretty cheap. All you gotta do then is log onto their website (on your PS4 internet browser), select a region and press apply

Big Andy

Bloke
Netflix UK is good for kids telly, and that's about it...

We got rid of the entertainment pack on Virgin, saving us about £20 a month, when the only thing we wanted it for was the kids telly...

Now I just let them trawl netflix for stuff to watch, and there is, to be fair, a large amount of kids stuff on there...

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Just register to unblock-us. Its the easiest way. You pay $4.99 per month which is pretty cheap. All you gotta do then is log onto their website (on your PS4 internet browser), select a region and press apply
You don't need to use the console browser to do that, you can do it from your laptop or phone/tablet, so long as you're logged in to the site.

My laptop is always running and there's just a tab on chrome that's always got UnblockUS on there, so if I need to refresh the IP or change country it's always there, easy.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Hola unblocker + cable to plug your Macbook (or other laptop of course) into your TV and you're absolutely sorted. Whoever created that extension is an absolute legend.

US Netflix is so much better than ours it's an absolute joke.

Andy_Cole

I use my brother's. I never go on it looking for specific movies. Just when I'm bored. Have a quick browse and watch something random. For the classics I just download.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers

You then change the DNS settings on your PS3 to theirs and it connects via their VPN.

You can then chose between a variety of countries on their website and access Netflix from whichever you like. Canada has some good stuff, too.

Its piss easy.
Does using UnblockUS (or similar programs) affect your internet speed? Do you notice it being any slower?

bishblaize

I'd highly recommend this website for VPN users.

http://www.moreflicks.com/

You can enter a film or TV programme and it'll tell you which international Netflix service shows it. So Back the the Future for example is available only in Argentina, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Colombia, France & Germany.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Does using UnblockUS (or similar programs) affect your internet speed? Do you notice it being any slower?
Not that I've noticed, Netflix still streams in HD with no issues.

4K is only available directly through the TV, the playstation doesn't support it unfortunately, so I haven't been able to test that.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Download opera and use Zenmate add on.. all free, simple to use and works perfectly.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
Not that I've noticed, Netflix still streams in HD with no issues.

4K is only available directly through the TV, the playstation doesn't support it unfortunately, so I haven't been able to test that.
Cool - will give it a go.

Loon

:lol:

You can enter a film or TV programme and it'll tell you which international Netflix service shows it. So Back the the Future for example is available only in Argentina, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Colombia, France & Germany.
Thanks for this. I use Unblockus, so it'll be good to use for that, right?

Bebe

For those trying to get US Netflix, keep in mind that the Canadian Netflix is even better (for movies at least).

SirAF

Ageist
All the European versions of Netflix are worthless - just download an add on to Chrome or Firefox to the the US or Canadian.

Marty1968

As has already been said on here, there are a lot of kids movies/cartoons which my two love. Cancelled our Disney Channels on sky as can get most things on Netflix. Also have AppleTV so can stream loads of the internet/youtube.

Mihajlovic

Its Baltic!
What do I do with my current subscription to Netflix UK? That's completely unaffected, right? Basically I'm still using Netflix but only tapping into a different region (US), if I'm understanding this correctly?

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
What do I do with my current subscription to Netflix UK? That's completely unaffected, right? Basically I'm still using Netflix but only tapping into a different region (US), if I'm understanding this correctly?
That's right, you subscribe to UnblockUS (or similar) on top of your existing Netflix subscription.

Mihajlovic

Its Baltic!

Wow, this is an eye opener. I just spent 15 minutes randomly searching for some movies, Netflix UK is hardly ever on that drop down list of countries available.

Agree with some other posters on the kids stuff, there's definitely more than enough of that to keep their eyes bleeding for eternity.

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I use mullvad.

It's also what use while I am trying to find illegal torrents so I can report them to the authorities.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
This has just reminded me I've gone past the trial period by a day and now I'm paying. I've watched everything I wanted to already

bishblaize

Set up a US proxy, or download Hola browser plugin.
Netflix UK is atrocious, I'd have never bothered subscribing if it weren't for Hola.
Hola unblocker + cable to plug your Macbook (or other laptop of course) into your TV and you're absolutely sorted. Whoever created that extension is an absolute legend.
Saw this article on Lifehacker today that you might be interested in.
Hola Better Internet Sells Your Bandwidth, Turning Its VPN into a Botnet

Hola Better Internet is a popular Firefox and Chrome extension that allows you to watch blocked content overseas. However, there’s something more nefarious going on behind the scenes: the company is selling the bandwidth of Hola users to anyone with money to buy, effectively turning its users into a botnet for hire.
http://lifehacker.com/hola-better-internet-sells-your-bandwidth-turning-its-1707496872

swooshboy

Band of Brothers

Its piss easy.
Have been using the free trial this week and love it. Only using it on the PS4 so far, so have a browser window open on their website to change the location if needed. Works perfectly - also enables me to use iPlayer etc.

Will definitely subscribe to it.

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
I use my tv for Netflix Usa, i just went on to it and all the thumbnails have been replaced with viperdns, do i have to find another DNS or what?

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
This cheap optional streaming service that allows you to watch hundreds of things in one place, including entire series of TV shows, including some specifically comissioned for it, that didn't exist 5+ years ago, and would've required you to individually buy, rent or illegally download a huge, expensive quantity of things, doesn't currently have your favorite films on it you say? HOLY COCK BISCUITS WHAT A TRAVESTY!!

Last edited:

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
I use my tv for Netflix Usa, i just went on to it and all the thumbnails have been replaced with viperdns, do i have to find another DNS or what?
Are you using Unblock-us?

I haven't signed up to it yet - my trial ended but just waiting for work to calm down before I get around to signing up.

Kaos

This cheap optional streaming service that allows you to watch hundreds of things in one place, including entire series of TV shows, including some specifically comissioned for it, that didn't exist 5+ years ago, and would've required you to individually buy, rent or illegally download a huge, expensive quantity of things, doesn't currently have your favorite films on it you say? HOLY COCK BISCUITS WHAT A TRAVESTY!!

Its not the concept of Netflix (which itself is fantastic), but rather the fact the UK version is absolute maracas compared to other regions.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Its not the concept of Netflix (which itself is fantastic), but rather the fact the UK version is absolute maracas compared to other regions.
I remember when America got every release AT LEAST 6 months before us, and then you had to go out and physically rent or buy it, for about the same cost as the entire Neflix monthly fee. We don't get HBO either. Damn selfish Americans.

It's still like getting an amazing bike for Christmas, enjoying it for a few days, then noticing Jonny from 3 doors down has a better bike, that his dad's fitted out with a low rider saddle and flame decals, and then suddenly deciding you hate yours, and your dad is a worthless cnut of a loser of a feck for getting you something that was only amazing. And you hate him. You wish Jonny's dad was your dad too, because Jonny gets all the nice things AND I WANNIT I WANNIT I WANNINT TOO!!!!

It must be one of the most 1st world of 1st world problems. My cheap online streaming service isn't as good as America's. feck My Life.

Last edited: