Television Netflix UK

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I'm sure that there's loads of stuff that I would like but I just end up skipping past it. The UI is like looking at a row of identical book covers on a shelf. Maybe if they brought back something akin to the old scoring system - Amazon Prime has figured this out with the stars and IMDB scores - then I would probably give Generic Netflix Show/Movie Title a chance.

Andersons Dietician

I'm surprised The Queen's Gambit hasn't been mentioned. I thought it was excellent, if a bit unbelievable in its depiction of addiction.
Got it’s own thread. I think when a show gets that on The CAF it normally means it’s semi decent. I loved the Queens Gambit.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
It’s hardly surprising. Their originals have largely been crap for a while now and they are terrible at renewing and releasing their good shows on a regular cadence. Add to the fact that there are so many other streaming services available too and people are more reluctant to keep paying monthly.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Still think it is good but cancelling shows that are decent is annoying. Plus its expensive for families. But i still have it as my main streaming platform.

RedRoach

The problem is Netflix have lost focus on their customers. They had a winning formula (no ads, watch anywhere and anytime and great originals) and all of that is disappearing with the introduction of ads, the password sharing crackdown that is coming and the deterioration of their originals.

AaronRedDevil

Yeah in the last few years, I've noticed there's no TV shows left that aren't on Netflix anymore. Mad men, Dexter, FMA, Death Note and loads more that I used to watch on the app are now gone.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
The problem is Netflix have lost focus on their customers. They had a winning formula (no ads, watch anywhere and anytime and great originals) and all of that is disappearing with the introduction of ads, the password sharing crackdown that is coming and the deterioration of their originals.
They've become anti-consumer

lsd

The Oracle
The fact there is such a huge difference between Netflix US and UK doesn't help.

How can they expect people to pay for something so inferior?

Balljy

Agreed that they have lost their focus, and have pretty much done a 180 from a business that's there for customers and growing subscribers to one that's focused only on revenue.

Their lack of proper 4k plan annoys me - it's either get 4 devices and 4k or not at all. That makes no sense to me and is obviously a business who thinks they get more profit from fewer people on that plan paying more.

binary bot
Only reason I’m still subscribed is because family use it. I think many people are in the same boat. The crackdown on sharing could kill that off.

I mainly use now tv. They’re shit for basically everything but the catalogue is insane so I don’t mind putting up with it.

Sylar

The password crackdown is going to have the reverse affect they thought it would.

lsd

The Oracle
Netflix originals by and large have been god awful.

Most are for some reason. It's like Sky originals as soon as I see something is a sky original I know to stay away and it's much the same for Netflix.

Fully Fledged

Most are for some reason. It's like Sky originals as soon as I see something is a sky original I know to stay away and it's much the same for Netflix.
I still think HBO is the best at making TV shows but even that has fallen over the last 10 years or so.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
They’re just shitting out content for content’s sake in a bid to keep market share of viewers. It’s quantity not quality now. And it’s not just Netflix, all of them are at it.