Television Netflix UK

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
First time I watched IASIP I didn't bother watching past the first season because I didn't really like the characters but when I tried it again something clicked and it's one of my favourite comedy shows of all time now.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Just finished episode 6 of you, and all i can think is how can be possibly ever get away with anything hes done?!
I’m totally gobsmacked that they
Didnt find the giant jar of his piss in her house :lol:

I though it was a decent enough watch tbf. Was surprised to see they’re doing a second season too.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
First time I watched IASIP I didn't bother watching past the first season because I didn't really like the characters but when I tried it again something clicked and it's one of my favourite comedy shows of all time now.
Yeah, first season I kinda liked but it wasn't until 7 or 8 that I started to rank it as one of the best ever comedies. The characters are so well defined by then that they can take them to extremes and stay funny rather than repulsive.

So much rewatch value. Must've seen Chardee MacDennis alone about 5 times

Rooney1987

it's not surprising that they're poor quality seeing as they basically just buy reduced publishing rights for films that turned out too shit for the cinema.

Plus, people still watch them. Bird Box was a generally forgettable film that would probably have bombed in the cinema yet got a massive audience and shitloads of people talking online because it was accessible on Netflix.
Add What Ever Happened to Monday, Cloverfield Paradox, Bright, How it Ends and plenty more all forgettable end of the world sci fi movies. All would have easily just lost money at the cinema. Maybe they should stick to dramas because recently The Ballad of Buster Scruggs, Roma have been quality.

Oldyella

Binge watching It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.I'm disappointed with myself that I didnt start this earlier.
Brilliant so far.
It's brilliant. Very rare a comedy maintains such good standards for so long. I find its my go to for background tv now as well. Must have been all the way through 4 or 5 times now.

It's brilliant. Very rare a comedy maintains such good standards for so long. I find its my go to for background tv now as well. Must have been all the way through 4 or 5 times now.
I'm still on S2.So I have a long way to catch up.
I think Charlie at the moment is the least unlikable character for me.He's more of a schemer.You can oddly admire his deranged personality.
I find Dennis evil,though.EVIL!!

Last edited:

Pagh Wraith

I'm still at the £7.99 plan, since my countryside internet can't handle ultraHD. If it goes up by a £1 then I won't be too fussed. Still half the price of a TV licence, and I use it infinitely more than any beeb service.
Try Ororo.tv. They have everything Netflix has and are much cheaper (I recently renewed my subscription for six months for 18€). Ditched Netflix a few years ago for them.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Has anyone watched that Sex Education yet? My timeline is constantly ******* over it.

Dante

Average bang
Been meaning to watch Voltron for ages
I've finished Voltron: Legendary Defender now.

Fantastic series.

Not quite as good as Avatar, but on par with Korra.

If you can get past the fact it's a bit of a Shonen show, it's well worth the watch. It makes a decent stab at Sci Fi for a fantasy show, as well.

Andersons Dietician

Has anyone watched that Sex Education yet? My timeline is constantly ******* over it.
I’ve watched it through twice, it’s pretty good but I would say it’s got a bit of a target audience and in its own way it’s quite weird. It’s got all the tell tale signs of a British programme but it’s quite Americanised. It’s like if Skins had a baby with The OC.

The characters are great and Maeve is brilliant. Oatis is quite intresting as well as we find out why he is the way he is through out the season.

It’s a good laugh and a fairly easy watch.

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool
Has anyone watched Abducted In Plain Sight yet? Holy feckin shit. It's mental. It also features some of the most gullible people to have ever walked the earth.

Art Vandelay

I'm still on S2.So I have a long way to catch up.
I think Charlie at the moment is the least unlikable character for me.He's more of a schemer.You can oddly admire his deranged personality.
I find Dennis evil,though.EVIL!!
But don't you want to get off? Dennis can help you get off.

I think it's up there with Seinfeld and Curb Your Enthusiasm as the best sitcoms ever. Dennis and Frank are amazing characters.

Utdstar01

Thinking about watching that Korean series 'Kingdom'. Anybody given it a chance yet? It's got really good reviews and they worked on huge budgets per episode apparently.

Art Vandelay

Thinking about watching that Korean series 'Kingdom'. Anybody given it a chance yet? It's got really good reviews and they worked on huge budgets per episode apparently.
I have one or two episodes left to watch, but it's been very good so far. It's kind of the opposite of Game of Thrones. GoT starts off with a zombie thing lopping heads off, then goes balls deep in political intrigue forgetting the zombies for ages. Reverse that for Kingdom, starts off with politics and then goes full on zombie mental abandoning all else for vast swathes of each episode. It's a lot of fun and I'd recommend giving the first few episodes a watch at least.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Has anyone watched An Evening with Beverly Luff Linn?

Barmy British comedy but set in America with Audrey Plaza, Jemaine Clement and Matt Berry.

It's like Wes Anderson meets Napoleon Dynamite with a hint of Mighty Boosh and a big dollop of wtf is actually going on? I really like it.

Robertd0803

Watched episode 1 a few days ago and liked it enough that Ill watch episode 2 later. Given I watch minimal tv programs this is high praise from me.

Member 39557

Has anyone watched An Evening with Beverly Luff Linn?

Barmy British comedy but set in America with Audrey Plaza, Jemaine Clement and Matt Berry.

It's like Wes Anderson meets Napoleon Dynamite with a hint of Mighty Boosh and a big dollop of wtf is actually going on? I really like it.
Sounds Interesting. The preview when I hovered over it looked a bit like it was trying too hard to be quirky.

0le

Is it easy to use a VPN to access region locked programmes on Netflix?

Reddy Rederson

Is it easy to use a VPN to access region locked programmes on Netflix?
It used to be, but I think they started blocking VPN’s a few years ago. Most VPN’s are focused on security, and geolocation is secondary so all their IPs are blocked by Netflix. You’ll need to make sure you get a vpn that’s serious about geolocation. NordVPN does that I think and they have a price drop on at the moment. 2.99 a month. Worth a shot I suppose.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I am thinking of watching that. I read it's like a modern darker groundhog day, is that true?
you'll probably think it's darker than it actually is, going by the first episode, but after a few episodes it becomes a weirdly optimistic show.

it's just really, really clever, the sort of show I want to watch again straight away to see all the things I missed first time round.

Plus it's only eight 25-30 minute episodes so it's quick to watch anyway.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
watched that Trigger Warning with Killer Mike thing.

I sort of liked the idea behind some of it, but a lot of it seemed very staged and not at all the gritty candid doc he was going for. The episode with the gangs making cola was pretty cool, as was the 'living black' episode.

The one where he goes in to the school and pisses on the aspirations of young kids and tells them they're just going to be people who fix stuff was pretty shitty. I get the idea behind it, and that useful life skills should be taught in schools, but a wealthy man telling kids that it's all they'll amount to in life seems sort of shitty.

That Mario guy is insufferable, yet they keep bringing him back.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Has anyone watched Abducted In Plain Sight yet? Holy feckin shit. It's mental. It also features some of the most gullible people to have ever walked the earth.
It’s fecking ridiculous how gullible they all are.

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool
It’s fecking ridiculous how gullible they all are.
It's unreal, there should be some viral challenge where people have to watch this without shouting at the TV.

The dads revelation had me in stitches though :lol: :lol: I reckon more went on there than he let on :lol:

Big Andy

Bloke
It's unreal, there should be some viral challenge where people have to watch this without shouting at the TV.

The dads revelation had me in stitches though :lol: :lol: I reckon more went on there than he let on :lol:
"He asked me to toss him off, because he was stressed, so I did it..."

Hmmm...sounds legit...

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

I’ve only watched half so far because I turned it off in disbelief :lol:tried explaining it to a work colleague and he thought I was making it all up. It’s batshit crazy.

Letting him lay with the daughter in their house to cure him of his urges.. feck me

Devil81

Watched this last night with the wife and we had to pause it several times to discuss how stupid these people actually were. Fair enough he was a master manipulator but these were sitting ducks for anyone wanting to take advantage of them, I'd say they were a salesman's dream.

9/10 for me, had me gripped from the second I watch it until the final minute.

lsd

The Oracle
Watched the 2 killings of Sam Cooke . Fascinating show about a fantastic singer and a very suspicious death .