Television Netflix UK

choiboyx012

Carrick>Hargreaves
Just finished watching abducted in plain sight. Anyone grow up in the 60s-70s in small town USA? I'd be interested to know if something like that was possible. The whole sexual predator/pedophile thing is well known now with the internet and whatnot. Was it even a common fear among communities back then?

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I might watch that, but I can see it being another one of these things that everyone talks about which turns out to be incredibly boring.

Big Andy

Bloke
Just finished watching abducted in plain sight. Anyone grow up in the 60s-70s in small town USA? I'd be interested to know if something like that was possible. The whole sexual predator/pedophile thing is well known now with the internet and whatnot. Was it even a common fear among communities back then?
Not if you wank them off in your car...

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Has anyone watched Abducted In Plain Sight yet? Holy feckin shit. It's mental. It also features some of the most gullible people to have ever walked the earth.
Watching this at the moment, what the actual feck is wrong with these idiots?!

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Also did anyone else notice the actor in the reenactments looks a lot like Jeremy Piven?

SSSSnake

That girls parents need to be locked up for life.

Kag

Watched this the other night and despite pissing myself at the state of it, I ended it feeling that the family (and possibly church they all attended - which was completely and intentionally sidelined) were actively complicit in the abuse inflicted on the daughter. They should be in prison.

I also watched the Bundy documentary a few days prior and it's as if the US in the 70s was like the bloody Stone Age. It wasn't that long ago. Policing can't have been that incompetent.

Josep Dowling

Watched this the other night and despite pissing myself at the state of it, I ended it feeling that the family (and possibly church they all attended - which was completely and intentionally sidelined) were actively complicit in the abuse inflicted on the daughter. They should be in prison.

I also watched the Bundy documentary a few days prior and it's as if the US in the 70s was like the bloody Stone Age. It wasn't that long ago. Policing can't have been that incompetent.
Just seen both in the last week as well. The American law system is completely bizarre considering how both men got caught multiple times and still ended up being able to carry on their crimes.

Then Bundy representing himself in court. how was that even allowed? That part where he cross examined the policeman about the body, it made my skin crawl.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!

Policing in large parts of the US is still that incompetent.

choiboyx012

Carrick>Hargreaves

Yea I'm guessing in that time period and particular location (idaho was it?) there was much more reverence for the church and just a general naivety of any of societal ills happening in your own home. The 70s weren't that long ago but it's only recently we've had any and all information at the touch of our phones, as well as access to 24 hour news/media coverage, a lot of which is sensationalist with a healthy dose of fear-mongering. You can't sit and watch a 20 minute news program without a story of a fatal accident, shooting, murder, child predator, police shooting, kidnapping.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Something basically lacking in the parents in Abducted, it’s amazing that two people so fecking dumb in the same way could have met each other and produced children. We’re supposed to have a natural instinct to protect our children, they either just don’t have it or they were actually complicit. They needed a beating or something.

Stick

Supports
Liverpool
Just seen both in the last week as well. The American law system is completely bizarre considering how both men got caught multiple times and still ended up being able to carry on their crimes.

Then Bundy representing himself in court. how was that even allowed? That part where he cross examined the policeman about the body, it made my skin crawl.
Didnt Bundy volunteer with the police at one stage and understood where their weaknesses lay. Like for example that if you commit crimes across state lines they dont always get linked.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
What's the best binge watching over a 12.5-hour flight back and forth (over 30 hours in total on a plane over 9 days)?

I am into House of Cards already at season 2 so that will be my main one but I'd probably want a second and third choice to go to if I get bored with HoC.

Welsh Wonder

A dribbling mess on the sauce
What's the best binge watching over a 12.5-hour flight back and forth (over 30 hours in total on a plane over 9 days)?

I am into House of Cards already at season 2 so that will be my main one but I'd probably want a second and third choice to go to if I get bored with HoC.
You'd fit every season of Peaky Blinders in that time

Finally finished Its always sunny...
Overall I really enjoyed it.I had mild expectations of the show before heading in.I just wanted something humorous,as you naturally would want from comedy, and something of a time-filler. In the end it became much more than anything I expected.

The concept is utterly intriguing. How can a comedy be so successful when you're invested in such unlikable,ignorant,unbalanced and selfish individuals ?

At various points during this long running series you get moments where you can identify with certain individuals in 'the gang' and then within seconds or minutes the show takes away that blanket of compassion and instantly replaces it with all the issues you've come to expect from this messed-up crew.
The show constantly plays tricks with your emotions and viewing pleasures.It brakes your ideals in what to expect from characters in a comedy.The morals are completely out of the window.The moral boundaries are broken with hilarious spiral of disgust.
And none more so is the spiral of disgust more evident than that of the unfortunate character ,that is labelled by the gang, Rickety Cricket.Who's devolution gets more absurd and twisted with each passing appearance. On one hand its utterly depressing yet on the other it's absolutely hilarious.

I wont forget IASIP anytime soon.And I'm hoping a new series is not far around the corner.
Highly recommended if one would want to dive into a challenging comedy.

Now I'm searching for a new time-filler.
This anime involving a timid Cat working in a office who has a out-of-work loving interest for heavy metal seems hilarious.

Last edited:

lsd

The Oracle
Finally finished Its always sunny...
Overall I really enjoyed it.I had mild expectations of the show before heading in.I just wanted something humorous,as you naturally would want from comedy, and something of a time-filler. In the end it became much more than anything I expected.

The concept is utterly intriguing. How can a comedy be so successful when you're invested in such unlikable,ignorant,unbalanced and selfish individuals ?

At various points during this long running series you get moments where you can identify with certain individuals in 'the gang' and then within seconds or minutes the show takes away that blanket of compassion and instantly replaces it with all the issues you've come to expect from this messed-up crew.
The show constantly plays tricks with your emotions and viewing pleasures.It brakes your ideals in what to expect from characters in a comedy.The morals are completely out of the window.The moral boundaries are broken with hilarious spiral of disgust.
And none more so is the spiral of disgust more evident than that of the unfortunate character ,that is labelled by the gang, Rickety Cricket.Who's devolution gets more absurd and twisted with each passing appearance. On one hand its utterly depressing yet on the other it's absolutely hilarious.

I wont forget IASIP anytime soon.And I'm hoping a new series is not far around the corner.
Highly recommended if one would want to dive into a challenging comedy.

Now I'm searching for a new time-filler.
This anime involving a timid Cat working in a office who has a out-of-work loving interest for heavy metal seems hilarious.

I love Parks and Recreation Community The league Arrested Development Brooklyn 99 Veep i have tried to watch It's only sunny a few times and it's rubbish bland boring poorly acted horribly written rubbish

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I love Parks and Recreation Community The league Arrested Development Brooklyn 99 Veep i have tried to watch It's only sunny a few times and it's rubbish bland boring poorly acted horribly written rubbish
Donkey-brained.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Oh no. No, no, no.

Oldyella

Christ, glad this thread got bumped.

Yikes. All decent shows but not a patch on Always Sunny.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Just a quick question. I’m looking at getting Netflix again. I’d be looking to watch it via my iPhone for the train. On my laptop for when my wife is watching shite like Coronation street through virgin and via the virgin box if we wanted to watch something together.

Will the £7.99 package allow me to register three separate devices? I’d never have any more than two devices connected at the same time. Many thanks.

SirAF

Ageist
Just a quick question. I’m looking at getting Netflix again. I’d be looking to watch it via my iPhone for the train. On my laptop for when my wife is watching shite like Coronation street through virgin and via the virgin box if we wanted to watch something together.

Will the £7.99 package allow me to register three separate devices? I’d never have any more than two devices connected at the same time. Many thanks.
You need the premium tier for using more than 2 devices. That allows you 4 devices plus 4K.