Television Netflix UK

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
As usual, I'm centuries behind the times - just watched the first 4 Mindhunter eps. Interesting stuff, for all its flaws.

SteveJ

Scout
I only signed up for Netflix to avoid Bear Grylls programmes. :(

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Just a quick question. I’m looking at getting Netflix again. I’d be looking to watch it via my iPhone for the train. On my laptop for when my wife is watching shite like Coronation street through virgin and via the virgin box if we wanted to watch something together.

Will the £7.99 package allow me to register three separate devices? I’d never have any more than two devices connected at the same time. Many thanks.
You need the premium tier for using more than 2 devices. That allows you 4 devices plus 4K.
That's only for the number of devices that can be steaming at the same time.

You can log in to a million different devices on the same account, but can only stream on two at the same time on the normal subscription level. Premium increases this to four devices that can be used at once and unlocks 4K.

It's not like Sky Go where you're limited to specific devices. We have the premium account and I have the login details saved on 2 TVs, my phone, my laptop, my wife's phone and laptop, both our parents TVs and some friends of ours TV. So long as only 4 different devices try to watch at once it's no issue at all.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
That's only for the number of devices that can be steaming at the same time.

You can log in to a million different devices on the same account, but can only stream on two at the same time on the normal subscription level. Premium increases this to four devices that can be used at once and unlocks 4K.

It's not like Sky Go where you're limited to specific devices. We have the premium account and I have the login details saved on 2 TVs, my phone, my laptop, my wife's phone and laptop, both our parents TVs and some friends of ours TV. So long as only 4 different devices try to watch at once it's no issue at all.
Awesome. Thanks mate.

SteveJ

Scout
Are there any other shows on Netflix like Mindhunter?

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Apologies in advance if this isn’t allowed but my dad gifted me £45 worth of netflix vouchers which are non-refundable when i already use his account details :lol:. He can have 4 users so god knows why he wasted his money on them. Will anybody give me £40 for them? I can’t sell them on ebay or facebook and haven’t bothered asking friends yet. The codes are scratch and reveal.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Apologies in advance if this isn’t allowed but my dad gifted me £45 worth of netflix vouchers which are non-refundable when i already use his account details :lol:. He can have 4 users so god knows why he wasted his money on them. Will anybody give me £40 for them? I can’t sell them on ebay or facebook and haven’t bothered asking friends yet. The codes are scratch and reveal.
@Pexbo

stepic

sell them back to him so he can use them to pay for his subscription.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
sell them back to him so he can use them to pay for his subscription.
Not a bad shout to be fair i would have thought thats what he would have done though instead of giving them to us as he was already reminded about it the moment he bought them apparantly.

Prometheus

Supports
Chelsea
Not a bad shout to be fair i would have thought thats what he would have done though instead of giving them to us as he was already reminded about it the moment he bought them apparantly.
He wants you out of the account. Take the hint and give your dad the privacy to watch some embarrassing stuff, ffs.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Lots of shitty content with some decent old stuff anchoring it. Find most of their original stuff god awful. Not really a fan
Agree. Poor value for money with lots of average content.

Having said that, I can highly recommend First They Killed My Father. Very good indeed.

Prometheus

Supports
Chelsea
Agree. Poor value for money with lots of average content.
Have you tried changing the location? I haven't really tried it with Netflix, but with Prime Video I change location with free VPN. That's how I've been watching Sopranos etc. The US one has better content.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Have you tried changing the location? I haven't really tried it with Netflix, but with Prime Video I change location with free VPN. That's how I've been watching Sopranos etc. The US one has better content.
That is a good point and I will give that a go. Thanks.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I used to do this all the time but Netflix got wise to it and you’d get a pop up warning about using VPNs and it stopped working.

Prometheus

Supports
Chelsea
I used to do this all the time but Netflix got wise to it and you’d get a pop up warning about using VPNs and it stopped working.
Interesting. In Amazon Video you can turn off the VPN as soon as it starts playing. I only ever turn it on for a few seconds in between episodes.

Member 39557

Studio Ghibli coming to uk netflix in feb.

The first batch of Ghibli movies available from 1 February will be: Laputa: Castle In The Sky, My Neighbour Totoro, Kiki’s Delivery Service, Only Yesterday, Porco Rosso, Ocean Waves, and Tales From Earthsea.
The second batch will arrive on 1 March, consisting of: Nausicaä Of The Valley Of The Wind, Princess Mononoke, My Neighbours The Yamadas, Spirited Away, The Cat Returns, Arrietty, and The Tale Of The Princess Kaguya.
The final batch will be streaming from 1 April, taking in: Pom Poko, Whisper Of The Heart, Howl’s Moving Castle, Ponyo, From Up On Poppy Hill, The Wind Rises, and When Marnie Was There.
The only film that won’t be available is Takahata’s soul-shattering World War II drama Grave Of The Fireflies.

Minkaro

Brilliant, it'll be nice to catch up with the ones I haven't seen, and to rewatch what I have.

I wonder why they're not putting Grave of the Fireflies on there? I've seen it, so I'm not dismayed, just curious.

Rooney1987

Brilliant, it'll be nice to catch up with the ones I haven't seen, and to rewatch what I have.

I wonder why they're not putting Grave of the Fireflies on there? I've seen it, so I'm not dismayed, just curious.
I watched that for the first time recently. I was depressed for like a week. Apparently Sentai Filmworks own the rights to that film, reason it's not on.

I wondered if we would get the Ghibli films after they did a deal for the films on HBO Max and as we won't be getting that app, I'm glad it's actually coming to Netflix.

We get it lucky compared to the US folk. So many services, while we just Sky, Netflix, Amazon Prime and soon Disney plus.

Andersons Dietician

Really enjoyed season 2 of Sex Education so far. Last episode now.
Did anyone else think it was very different from season 1? I still really enjoyed it but there didn’t seem to be the same structure of Season 1. They just dealt with issues in a very different way.

As for the final
feck you Izaak, feck you

roseguy64

Did anyone else think it was very different from season 1? I still really enjoyed it but there didn’t seem to be the same structure of Season 1. They just dealt with issues in a very different way.

As for the final
feck you Izaak, feck you
I guess it's because they focused a lot more on the adults and there was less of Maeve and Otis running their business.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
About time they made the lists better. Or rather - the list.

'My List' doesn't really work that well for me. It's a jumble of stuff I haven't seen but want to, stuff I have seen but am waiting for another season, stuff I've seen and really like so might want to watch again but probably won't for ages.

Also, good luck finding the 'Watch it again' list when you actually want it.

Tarrou

there should be a 'don't show me this' option, so you can remove crap you'll never watch

wait, is there? I've not found it if there is

Andersons Dietician

I have just watched something called the 2nd and it’s laughably bad. I’ve Seen better acting on Hollyoaks. It’s just dreadful.

Balljy

I'm surprised The Queen's Gambit hasn't been mentioned. I thought it was excellent, if a bit unbelievable in its depiction of addiction.