Neville change of stance towards Glazers

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
That was in response to Ronaldo being sold, and the money not being used. It was clear from that moment the club was being held back by the debt. That was basically what sparked it all.

Before that point it was barely mentioned as it didn't effect the club on the pitch.

We should have got Sneijder and Robben as part of the deal, but instead we demanded for £80m in cash to pay off the debt.
Not true, both players were quite vocal about not being involved in any part-exchange deal for Ronaldo.

AneRu

Neville is the typical knee jerk reaction fan win 5 games everything is great again, lose 5 the club is rotten again and blame everyone while he’s doing it.
Agree with this to an extent, even though I appreciate the concerns raised by people not in support of the Saudis, because if Ole loses a couple on the trot and is under pressure again the people he will be throwing under the bus will he the ownership and Woodward. To be fair, he did allude to the Glazers not being the best owners around.

Basically we can't say he has changed tune to support the Glazers, he has just stating the reality on the ground: they won't sell unless they want to and the fans are too fragmented to bring any form of sustained pressure to force a sell.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Not true, both players were quite vocal about not being involved in any part-exchange deal for Ronaldo.
I’ve never seen or heard anything like that. We never once asked about a deal to include them as far as I know. Unless you have a source to back that up?

At the time we were European champions and they were being forced out of RM. I’m sure they would have ran to Manchester if they had the chance.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.da...nchester-United-owners-criticises-whinge.html

While some of what he says is true and things I’ve mentioned myself eg if the club gets sold to an individual and not group then it could be to a dictator who uses it as a play thing. However I think it’s disgusting that G Neville is doing a complete U-Turn and now trying to shame protestors into silence with the terminology that he uses, eg “whinging” last year he said there was something rotten at the club that was from the top. What a hypocrite.

I think it’s pretty obvious.. they’ve employed a mate and keeping him in charge and now the class of 92 will use its influence in the media to support them.
Can you actually outline the change in stance with quotes? Otherwise, this seems like clickbait...

momo83

Massive Snowflake
Agree with this to an extent, even though I appreciate the concerns raised by people not in support of the Saudis, because if Ole loses a couple on the trot and is under pressure again the people he will be throwing under the bus will he the ownership and Woodward. To be fair, he did allude to the Glazers not being the best owners around.

Basically we can't say he has changed tune to support the Glazers, he has just stating the reality on the ground: they won't sell unless they want to and the fans are too fragmented to bring any form of sustained pressure to force a sell.
It’s the phraseology that’s concerning. He’s calling protestors (and contrary to what some on here are alluding his not talking about just online he’s talking about at OT also) whiners.. he’s started the ball rolling on turning anti Glazers movement into the bad guys. He has media training he knows you don’t do a complete 180 and suddenly demonise a group.. you drip feed it.. first you belittle it..

momo83

Massive Snowflake
Would not make the slightest difference to Chevrolet at all .

Neville is spot on about this . You have to be really dumb to think otherwise
Yeah. If the majority of comments on all their social media posts are negative or linking to rival companies they won’t care. Considering ED’s main pitch to sponsors is United’s social media following..

momo83

Massive Snowflake
Yes and he was right and I don't see anything in this article that suggests he has changed his view.
However let's not forget that
Jose had fallen out with Woodward over transfers and created a squad split with treatment of Pogba, thé club was in a mess behind the scenes and that is actually what Ole has been trying to sort out. There is a lot more harmony at the moment, how long it lasts remains to be seen

And its been clearly proven that although there were significant Twitter protests a couple of months ago, the average matchgoing fan had little interest in any of it - do you dispute that?
how was it proven? Also Glazers make more money from stay at home watch on tv fans, and international fans. Or did you think the £500m revenue came from OT ticket and pie sales

matt10000

I think his sudden shift in opinion is something a lot of fans are feeling too - that Ole is the first manager since Fergie who is doing things the right way, and as painful as the rebuild will be, he's exactly what we need right now whether he succeeds long term or not.

And the anti-Glazer, anti-Ed sentiment will die down again if Ole can land some more top signings, and guide us to a strong end of season finish, and hopefully a top 4 finish next season.
Spot on Ole may or may not take us back to the top but he is exactly what we need right now

momo83

Massive Snowflake
Season ticket holder for almost a decade my friend.
And you?

Also, I think you misread my post as being about fans. It was about the Glazers...re-read it.
Cried my eyes out when Leeds won the title and wouldn’t go school for 2 days. What next shall we see whose blood is more red or who has horns on their head ?

Kemizee

When we got to 3 Euro finals in 4 years, the Glazer bashing was non-existent.

It's come back with a vengeance the past few years. Everything boils down to recruiting the wrong managers.

The club was naive to think that appointing managers that were a 'safe pair of hands', over young exciting innovative managers who don't have a high trophy count so far, was the way to go. Football philosophies evolve all the time. Ancelotti, Van Gaal, Jose Mourinho, Wenger, Martin O'Neil etc were hero's of yesterday but already dinosaurs today. This has been our downfall but Ole is getting us back on track slowly it seems.
Is he one of them?

Kemizee

Not Lazy, strategic because his interest have changed and he knows most people are easily influenced and won’t see through his “plot holes”

If social media had no effect... he wouldn’t mention it or use it himself. So he knows it’s value and potential influence.

Exactly. All that’s needed for bad things to happen is for good people to do nothing. Gary Neville is suddenly telling us that we should do nothing... only reason being he is now directly benefiting from this bad thing.
1) Glazers are directing business to his hotel.

2) His mate Ole is manager.
All of this! Neville's a chameleon. He is as whimsical as they come particularly when he is trying to push an agenda that fits his'.
I don't take him seriously.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Cried my eyes out when Leeds won the title and wouldn’t go school for 2 days. What next shall we see whose blood is more red or who has horns on their head ?
You were trying to discredit my original point (which you'd misread) by asking if id even been to old Trafford. As if that's any sign if anything.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
You were trying to discredit my original point (which you'd misread) by asking if id even been to old Trafford. As if that's any sign if anything.
Nope. I just asked when you alluded to being a match going Fan when you mentioned something about “fans 1000s of Miles away” had you not noticed all the “tourist fans at OT”. Only reason i asked. Because online people seem to use “im a match going fan” quiet a bit thinking that suddenly it gives their opinion more validity

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Nope. I just asked when you alluded to being a match going Fan when you mentioned something about “fans 1000s of Miles away” had you not noticed all the “tourist fans at OT”. Only reason i asked. Because online people seem to use “im a match going fan” quiet a bit thinking that suddenly it gives their opinion more validity
I said
"Especially when they live 1000s of miles away and never come near the place" in response to a post about the OWNERS...

Not about the fans!

momo83

Massive Snowflake
I said
"Especially when they live 1000s of miles away and never come near the place" in response to a post about the OWNERS...

Not about the fans!
Ahh... misunderstood because of what you replied too. Thought it was the social media part

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Ahh... misunderstood because of what you replied too. Thought it was the social media part
We got there bud. We got there!
Slating fans is never a good look however frustrated we get.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
how was it proven? Also Glazers make more money from stay at home watch on tv fans, and international fans. Or did you think the £500m revenue came from OT ticket and pie sales
Because at the height of the Twitter protests at the start of the season there was a call for matchgoers to protest at OT and 2 men and a dog turned up. There have also been absolutely no signs of any protest at OT this season, of course that's not to say fans like the Glazers but the point is that Neville is absolutely correct in everything he says

Red_toad

When we got to 3 Euro finals in 4 years, the Glazer bashing was non-existent. We

It's come back with a vengeance the past few years. Everything boils down to recruiting the wrong managers.

The club was naive to think that appointing managers that were a 'safe pair of hands', over young exciting innovative managers who don't have a high trophy count so far, was the way to go. Football philosophies evolve all the time. Ancelotti, Van Gaal, Jose Mourinho, Wenger, Martin O'Neil etc were hero's of yesterday but already dinosaurs today. This has been our downfall but Ole is getting us back on track slowly it seems.
Indeed they’ve been hugely unpopular since their leveraged takeover with an awful lot of our fans since day 1. Success never took away their unpopularity. Fans stood with the manager, he was the glue that held everything together, the fans gave Fergie a lot of loyalty.
Now we’re a tad shite and the focus has shifted more into the Glazers, they’re obviously going to get more (deserved) flack from the fans.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
I’ve never seen or heard anything like that. We never once asked about a deal to include them as far as I know. Unless you have a source to back that up?

At the time we were European champions and they were being forced out of RM. I’m sure they would have ran to Manchester if they had the chance.
We don't know what or who(if anybody) United asked for though it was rumoured to be £100m straight cash at the start of negotiations, we do know the two lads were offered by Real Madrid to United plus £10/15m which United turned down flat, Madrid then came back with a raft of players(Diarra, de la Red, Drenthe, Saviola, van der Vaart and one or two others)who they were prepared to add to the original offer, again United said no, then the rumours started flying around that United would seriously consider the first offer if they upped the money to £40m, United later denied that but by then the two lads had came out(within hours of each other) and said they wouldn't be involved with any swap deal - why? Ego probably, it would be a slight to be offered/sold as a make-weight.

This isn’t true at all.
It's not pantomime season just yet, so okay.

friendlytramp

More full of crap than a curry house toilet
Don’t think it’s a change in position. Me I’ll es gripe has always been about the structure of the business and Ed Woodward rather than the ownership.

Seaman

Supports
Barnet
Gay Neville is consistent. He doesn’t believe in change. If someone bad get in he believes since he is in might as well get behind. Cause it could always get worse. Hence why he is against every manager being sacked

red thru&thru

Man I've been banging this drum for so long now. Our fans will seemingly take anyone but the Glazers as the owners, despite the fact that there are many many owners who could be much worse for the club than them. It's not even like they penny pinch, the club just needs better structure.
And you could get owners who are a lot better than the Glazer's. Yes we need structure but OT itself needs a refurb. Glazers have had plenty of time to do all the above and they haven't.

And we are now where we are because of them.

Dan_F

Indeed they’ve been hugely unpopular since their leveraged takeover with an awful lot of our fans since day 1. Success never took away their unpopularity. Fans stood with the manager, he was the glue that held everything together, the fans gave Fergie a lot of loyalty.
Now we’re a tad shite and the focus has shifted more into the Glazers, they’re obviously going to get more (deserved) flack from the fans.
His post is just completely untrue. Probably the biggest anti glazer protest, post takeover, was in 2010 with the green and gold campaign. There hasn’t been anything close to that recently in the stadium.

It be completely untrue, but there was also rumours that a lot of the recent online protests are being pushed by bots from the Middle East, as they want to drive down share prices. Nothing would surprise me with that kind of stuff anymore and it would explain why nothing is seen in the stadium.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
His post is just completely untrue. Probably the biggest anti glazer protest, post takeover, was in 2010 with the green and gold campaign. There hasn’t been anything close to that recently in the stadium.

It be completely untrue, but there was also rumours that a lot of the recent online protests are being pushed by bots from the Middle East, as they want to drive down share prices. Nothing would surprise me with that kind of stuff anymore and it would explain why nothing is seen in the stadium.
Nothing is seen at the stadium as for now:

a) there is a manager who is wanted by the majority of match going fans
B) the players are giving it their all
C) transfers seem to be well picked and a lot of money was spent.

cyril C

Solksjaer is the nicest guy around. Even Roy Keane likes him. I think a lot of United players are thinking twice about criticising the club at the minute, due to who is in charge. Same as if Giggs got the job. They dont want to rock the boat.

Players seem to get more shit from ex-players than the board or manager, where as when Mourinho was in charge, everything from Rashford not playing to not getting a centre half was all on him.
So, what is wrong with that? Fergi is being paid 2m a year to watch football every week whenever he can, and SHUT UP. I am sure Wenger is handsomely paid off to shut up as well. But of course you can't pay up everyone, so just a few of the most influential ex-staff/player

Cloud7

And you could get owners who are a lot better than the Glazer's. Yes we need structure but OT itself needs a refurb. Glazers have had plenty of time to do all the above and they haven't.

Better the devil you know IMO, unless the owners happen to have a proven track record of successful management of sports teams. There are a lot more bad owners than good in football IMO.

Dan_F

Nothing is seen at the stadium as for now:

a) there is a manager who is wanted by the majority of match going fans
B) the players are giving it their all
C) transfers seem to be well picked and a lot of money was spent.
A - That’s always the case, even Moyes was supported in the stadium.
B - Has nothing to do with the Glazers.
C - Net spend is nowhere near enough, considering the state of the squad and the amount of wages saved.

I know a lot of people focus on the money being taken out of the club, which isn’t ideal. But there is still more than enough to be far more competitive. The problem I have with the Glazers is the refusal to address the blatant structural problems. The lack of care they seem to have for success is almost worse than the profit they take out of the club.

Bestietom

They won't put their money into ground improvement. They will just take monies from the club and the stadium can fall down around us. It will take a new owner before any improvement of this kind are made.

red thru&thru

Better the devil you know IMO, unless the owners happen to have a proven track record of successful management of sports teams. There are a lot more bad owners than good in football IMO.
Which is fair enough. IMO, if you purchase United for £3bn+, you are buying them to win. Glazers were able to but us with a leveraged buyout, that just wouldn't be possible now. So someone will be purchasing us with a lot of their hard earned money and will pump all they can into the club, to make them successful both on and off the pitch.

Glazers got their hands on an asset where they had to put very little money in and get big returns and looked at us as a business.

red thru&thru

They won't put their money into ground improvement. They will just take monies from the club and the stadium can fall down around us. It will take a new owner before any improvement of this kind are made.
Yep, agree. We are already falling behind other clubs and will be left well behind the other super powers soon enough.

The Irish Connection

Because at the height of the Twitter protests at the start of the season there was a call for matchgoers to protest at OT and 2 men and a dog turned up. There have also been absolutely no signs of any protest at OT this season, of course that's not to say fans like the Glazers but the point is that Neville is absolutely correct in everything he says
Really not true. I was at the Liverpool game and there was a plane flying over old Trafford before kick off with an Anti-Woodward flag. There was a protest march that went up sir Matt Busby way to the stadium with a large turnout which was documented on Twitter. I picked up a green and gold scarf from one of the many sellers outside the stadium and there were a fair few people inside with them on.

Once the game kicks off youre there to support the team and manager to get the result but to say there is no protests in and around the stadium is untrue.
Also, if I remember, the attendance was around 73,000 that day which is over 3,000 below full, and attendances have been down in general. For the Liverpool game not to be full is another sign.

FujiVice

So, what is wrong with that? Fergi is being paid 2m a year to watch football every week whenever he can, and SHUT UP.
No, he's a retired man in his 70s getting paid a pension by a business he put way more money into than he got out of. What a highly disrespectful and simplistic view of someones life work.