Neville: Varane, Sancho, Kane

GMoore23

He'd still be brilliant for us. A world class striker.

Much better than what we had (Cavani, Martial)

But the chances of anything happening was zero this summer..

Plus we got Ronaldo now short term, so im not complaining.
I'd take a 28 year old Cavani any day over a 28 year old Kane. Even at 34 he is still arguably the better player.
Kane can't run and hasn't been able to run since the last world Cup. His fitness levels are atrocious.
He regularly fecks up counter attacks in big games as he hasn't the energy to get in the box.

noodlehair

"It's like..."

Not sure he would. He also does all the things that Lukaku used to constantly get so much stick for on here, except he does them much more. He would score goals for us but it would be more about whether that counter balanced the negative impact on our build up play, or goals he would take away from other players. No way Fernandes gets nearly 30 goals a season with Kane in the same team. No way you end up with both Rashford and Greenwood aiming for 20 odd and Cavani not far behind.

You can make a similar argument with Ronaldo, but he was a lot cheaper, he's Ronaldo, and actually he's a LOT more mobile at 36 than Kane has been at any point in his career. I think he's a much better fit.

I'm not sure and am still not sure wh it was "obvious" we should sign Sancho though. You can't really justify putting him anywhere in the starting eleven, and that's with Rashford and Cavani injured.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Think Ronaldo is a lot better than Harry Kane till this day. Also really hate watching his game for the biggest part of the season.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
We dodged that Kane bullet for sure. He was shocking against Chelsea. I saw him dropping so deep that he was hanging around between the CB’s of his own team while breaks were happening. His heads gone.
Maybe it’s just to him sulking since he didn’t get his move?

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

He wouldn’t be brilliant for us because he’s never in the bloody box. Last thing we need is another martial chilling outside the box with the urgency of a pensioner with arthritis. Bullet dodged.

I see we're back to the "Kane is washed up and can't run, Spurs are better without him" phase of the annual cycle.

More posts that will end up looking a bit silly if he overcomes a slow start to the league season (as he's done about half a dozen times already in his career), and a few that have flown out of the gate looking silly already:

Kane can't run and hasn't been able to run since the last world Cup. His fitness levels are atrocious.
Didn't stop him scoring and creating more goals than anyone in the entire league just last season, did it? Now imagine if he rediscovers the ability to run :houllier:

GMoore23

I see we're back to the "Kane is washed up and can't run, Spurs are better without him" phase of the annual cycle.

More posts that will end up looking a bit silly if he overcomes a slow start to the league season (as he's done about half a dozen times already in his career), and a few that have flown out of the gate looking silly already:

Didn't stop him scoring and creating more goals than anyone in the entire league just last season, did it? Now imagine if he rediscovers the ability to run :houllier:
And spurs finished where 7th??.
Their whole game plan revolves around feeding Kane the ball so obviously he's going to have good numbers. I didn't say he wasn't a good finisher or passer. I said he no longer has the legs for the tough games which has been evident since the 2018 world cup.
Also, how come nobody seemed massively interested in him this summer even though he practically went on strike to force a move. Chelsea went for Haaland and then Lukaku, we got Ronaldo, PSG got Messi, City were supposed to be in for Kane but did they really appear that interested?? Ronaldo was their real target.
Harry Kane appears to be on the same trajectory as Rooney, He'll be completely over the hill by 30.

Their whole game plan revolves around feeding Kane the ball so obviously he's going to have good numbers
This is the kind of logic Twitter fans use to downplay rival players. You hear it about Fernandes too.

Kane doesn't have good numbers because Spurs go out of their way to make him look good. They base their attacks on feeding him the ball because he's one of the best players in the world.

Only on RedCafe would you find people seriously arguing Cavani's better than him in 2021.