Neville: Varane, Sancho, Kane

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Varane yes. Always wanted him. He's getting a little older but he would still give us 4 to 5 good years.
Sancho yes. We should have bought him last year.
Kane no. I don't think he will fit.
I’d take that. 28 is a good age

Inigo Montoya

...and then turn off your Playstation. No one is getting those 3 players, not PSG or City and neither would we ever. He's stating obvious thing that we'd be challening with those 3. Leicester would as well, doesn't mean they'll get them.
Leicester would never invest that heavily, it’d bankrupt them.

They invest wisely. Soumare will be another excellent purchase

youmeletsfly

Yeah but that's an astronomical amount of money, we wouldn't be spending that even without covid, especially not when we've got other bigger priorities.
Yeah, I know. The possibility is there, but the amount of money involved would be a bit crazy.

BorisManUtd

Leicester would never invest that heavily, it’d bankrupt them.

They invest wisely. Soumare will be another excellent purchase
Yeah, they seem to be the club with best recruitment policy and scouting network in PL. But they also have top owner who cares for the club.

I was just stating how pointless are those comments from Gary Neville. No team is getting Varane, Sancho and Kane in one summer. And almost every would probably challenge for title with those 3 in their team.

Inigo Montoya

Yeah, they seem to be the club with best recruitment policy and scouting network in PL. But they also have top owner who cares for the club.

I was just stating how pointless are those comments from Gary Neville. No team is getting Varane, Sancho and Kane in one summer. And almost every would probably challenge for title with those 3 in their team.
Except Arsenal

Lee565

Neville is a joke and should know better, I don't care who is in charge, unless your being bankrolled by a oil rich person, I don't expect no club to be able to throw that kind of money around this summer.

Moyes was right in recent interview with talksport where he had a go at pundits and the media of putting out there unrealistic spending power of clubs during this covid period

Inigo Montoya

Neville is a joke and should know better, I don't care who is in charge, unless your being bankrolled by a oil rich person, I don't expect no club to be able to throw that kind of money around this summer.

Moyes was right in recent interview with talksport where he had a go at pundits and the media of putting out there unrealistic spending power of clubs during this covid period
What, he’s not entitled to an opinion as to who he’d like to see at Utd?

amsoUG

Bruno?

I’m sorry?
You heard right - he is not a demi-god - definitely a good player but not critic-proof!
  • He makes too many dumbfounding blind passes or unnecessary hollywood balls for a pro
  • Does not hold his position and therefore does not provide a constant central outlet for CMs, this makes McFred take the heat
  • He is not comfortable in tight spaces and therefore does the following:-
    • He is either playing as a supporting striker, or;
    • Playing hide and seek in the wing to receive the ball in space before he crosses it, or;
    • When he receives the ball in tight spaces, his first instinct is to wait for contact, then dive so that he takes the free-kick
  • He wants to break with forwards instead of providing an outlet to progress the ball
This makes a CAM immature.

Yakuza_devils

To me the list should be:

1. Varane

2. Grealish instead of Sancho

3. Haaland instead of Kane

stw2022

Isn’t Neville still crying that we haven’t been given a points deduction though?

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I would think a central midfielder would be more important than Kane.

We can play Cavani, Rashford, Greenwood and Martial (if he stays) up front. We need a proper Cavani replacement but for now, that above is enough cover in my opinion.

We can't be starting Fred next year. Rice maybe? Or someone else. Anyone. I don't care.

croadyman

To me the list should be:

1. Varane

2. Grealish instead of Sancho

3. Haaland instead of Kane
Number 3 I would take either maybe even a Lewa or Benzema too if they were available but totally agree with the rest, the biggest problem with Jack in our boards eyes is that he just hasn't proved himself on the RW ever in the Premier League

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Neville is living in la la land as usual if he thinks this will happen.

bsCallout

Varane was dodgy this season in games I saw him. Why do you think Real are considering letting him go without a fight?

Just one example...

Could imagine if Maguire or Lindelof did either of those? :lol:

I'm not sure on Varane but I do want a top CB, doesn't seem there are many around.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
At the end of the day, we could sign a prime messi and ronaldo, if the coach is not up to it, we wont do well. I am not suggesting Ole isnt up to it (i still back him) but the coach is most important.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Surprised people think we'll get any of the three.
Were they not around last summer to witness our attempts?

DarkDog

not in a million years, 100% just Glazer spin right before fans forum. Maybe, just maybe 100 mil NET spend, but I don’t even believe that

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass

not in a million years, 100% just Glazer spin right before fans forum. Maybe, just maybe 100 mil NET spend, but I don’t even believe that
Striker will be cheap id say like Ings. Winger will be Sancho. We will try for Rice as DM but probably wont get him. CB will either be Varane, Torres or Kounde. RB could be tripper.

Inigo Montoya

Striker will be cheap id say like Ings. Winger will be Sancho. We will try for Rice as DM but probably wont get him. CB will either be Varane, Torres or Kounde. RB could be tripper.
Day Tripper? One way ticket if you ask
Me

RedDevil@84

Gary Neville has stated without hesitation that the 3 players we should sign are the 3 aforementioned: Varane for his vast experience, Sancho and Kane for obvious reasons.

Realistic or flight of fancy? No mention of a quality CDM
Neville should attend the meeting on Jun 4th and tell Joel that this needs to be done.

Luke1995

Sancho looks to be the most likely signing. He seems to be the club's priority aswell. Maybe if they can't sign him they'll go for Kane if other club doesn't sign Kane first.

And then, I think Varane is the most unlikely to come.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Dortmund seem happy to sell Sancho this summer. I would make us favourites for him.

Kane unfortunately is a great fit for City.

Varane I am not at all sure about. Would not be a huge shock if he joined us.

hobbers

If we actually plan 5 signings Ings and Trippier 100% nailed on, ultra cost-effective easy signings I reckon.

Raveneye

Could imagine if Maguire or Lindelof did either of those? :lol:

I'm not sure on Varane but I do want a top CB, doesn't seem there are many around.
I'd take Kounde over Varane. Kounde's combative style soothes any fears I have about him being able to adapt to the Premier League's physicality. He takes the initiative, which is a plus when paired with Maguire. Maguire is a bit passive as a defender (as he should be given his lack of pace if someone gets past him) and Lindelof is even more passive, and this often causes problems in our defence. Kounde is also less of a risk in my eyes because he's 22. Even if he doesn't work out, he'll still have plenty of resale value.

croadyman

Reckon that would take about £235m gross, so something like

Ings £20m
Sancho £80m
Rice £65-£70m
Varane/Torres/Kounde £50m
Trippier £15m

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
Since its crazy season, we should sign Grealish Sancho (two great wingers)
Pau Torres/Varane/Lucas Hernandez (cb)
Camavinga/Ndidi/Kante (dm)
Pavard/Hakimi/Kimmich (rb)

Total net spend about 400m

If the Glazers can get us those 11 players and we can keep everyone else then ill forgive their indiscretions regarding the ESL and the money they take out the club. Even Ole could win a cup or league with that depth on the bench

Yakuza_devils

I'm not sure why people say Sancho is the priority. Call me crazy, I'm very happy with Greenwood on the right wing. He will develop more next season.

Our priority should be a top class striker (Haaland/Kane), top creative midfield (grealish) and top CB (Varane).

Gordon S

Hmm 150m for 5 players that can improve our team/squad? That is very optimistic thinking. Are we expecting big money for Pogba?

IRELANDUNITED

I completely agree with those three signings.

Problem is, they will cost nigh on 250 million in total. No way is Uncle Joel forking out that money.

We need Rice or Ndidi as well. Those 4 players are the minimum we need to properly challenge city. They will cost and absolute fortune though. My guess is close to 400m. We could potentially raise 100m of that by selling Lingard, Fred, Ballie, James. But even if we did we still aren't gonna cough up the remaining 300m.

Yakuza_devils

Relax, guys! I see figure like 200, 300 and even 400m nett. Have we taken over by Saudi or any oil rich state?

Realistically, I think we should be happy with 100m to 150m nett. Glazers has his debts to service and we are still in the midst of pandemic.

dinostar77

I agree with Neville, makes sense but as others have posted 1 of the 3 getting signed would be a result never mind all three.

I think we will cut our cloth accordingly this summer and we will have to compromise on signings in some areas.

I suppose if Utd brought in Tripper at RB and Ings as ST on the cheap that would save alot of the budget. No idea about who a realistic DM would be (Rice isn't realistic as hammers would want a stupid fee ala £70mil or something). CB would be good to get a tough mobile CB and not a spainish pansy like pau torres who is the Spainish lindelof, who himself is the swedish pansy. Right wing is obviously Sancho but that will be another saga that will drag on.