New crop of norwegians on trail

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Short youtube of him. He's the one scoring the 3rd, not sure if he scored any of the first 2.

Laphroaig

And the production is probably even worse than the crowd-obsessed production vs Wolves. I couldn't bear watching that YT vid, what's the time when Truls jr. scores?

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
He receives the ball at approx 1:05:09, you lazy bastard.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
The Red Devils have also beaten off competition to sign exciting Norwegian prospect Mats Moller Daehli.
Full story: talkSPORT

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
It's a peach.

The video isn't a great advert for Norway, mind you. Looks a bit like Chernobyl.
There's plenty of places in the UK and Ireland that look similarly grim in the dead of winter! At least Scandinavia usually has nice summers (and lots of pretty girls who make the most of it).

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I'm sure Norway's a beautiful (which I've heard from friends who've visited) it's just that the back-drop for the game reminds me of the Chernobyl level from Modern Warfare. Not sure why, exactly. Something to do with the design of the apartment blocks.

Eriku

My word... this little Mads chappy seems to be highly rated.

Manchester United have agreed terms to sign an "outstanding" 15-year-old Norwegian midfielder who is a combination of Lionel Messi and Xavi, a club official has told Goal.com UK.

Mats Moller Daehli told Norwegian Premier League club Stabaek on Monday that he will join United in the next few days for a nominal fee and link up with their academy on February 1.
Sir Alex Ferguson’s team were so keen to sign a player rated as one of the best in his age-group in Europe that, in a rare move, he has already been guaranteed a professional contract by the Premier League giants when he turns 17.

United beat off competition from Bayern Munich, Ajax and a number of Premier League clubs to capture Daehli, who had five trials in Manchester before he was offered a deal last week.

“He has not signed yet but he gave Manchester United the answer a couple of days ago and gave our club the news today,” Stabaek reserve and academy team head coach Morten Tveit told Goal.com UK on Monday night. “He goes into the Academy on 1 February. They wanted him as soon as possible but February was chosen because of his schooling. He will go back to Norway in May/June to finish his studies and return to United in July.

“He has in his contract that he will automatically get a professional contract when he is 17. That is unusual.”

Because Daehli has not yet turned professional, United will not pay a fee for the teenager but have agreed to pay Stabaek €10,000 (£8,626) a year for the entirety of the player’s career and may also contribute funds to the Norwegian club’s academy and that of his previous club, FC Lyn.

“We have done our best to keep him and give him the best project here. But it has been talked about for a long time and I’m not that surprised," Tveit added.

Teenage dream | Daehli is already guaranteed a professional contract when he turns 17

“We have done our best to keep him and give him the best project here. But it has been talked about for a long time and I’m not that surprised.

“We are just happy to send such a good player as Mats to the best club in England. Had it been Leeds [United] or Everton it would have been difficult. Man United is a professional, serious club. You have a lot of Norwegians there like Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and we believe it is safe for him."

Tveit says he has no doubts that Daehli can be a major force, even at a club where competition for places is so intense.

“I think he is going to play for the first team and every coach at Man United thinks he will play for the first team,” said the experienced coach. “He is one of the best players in Europe in his age group. He is the best player I have ever seen at his age and I have seen a lot of international players at that age.
“He can play right side, left side, maybe off the main striker. He can be a little bit Messi, a little bit Xavi.

“He is outstanding and can be a complete football player. He has the mentality, the technique, his attitude is very good. He has everything. If he misses something, it is the physical side. He has to be stronger. But he is 15 and that will come.”

United have been tracking Daehli for two years and the teenager has trained with the club on five separate occasions over that period.

“A lot of other clubs have tried to get him,” explained Tveit. “Bayern Munich, Ajax and a number of Premier League clubs but he made up his mind a long time ago. You can’t go training with every club.”

Reserve team manager Solskjaer has been a key figure in enticing his countryman to Old Trafford, where he will link up with three other young Norwegians at the academy, Etzaz Hussain, Joshua King and Magnus Eikrem.

“I have seen the other Norwegian players over there and they will not make it at Man United, that is my opinion,” said Tveit. “Mats is different.”
New Manchester United signing Mats Moller Daehli is a 'little bit of Xavi and a little bit of Messi' says coach - Goal.com

Get ***pin'.

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
I get the impression this Tveit has high hopes for him.

Eirik Raude

His coach is not the only one seeing big potential here. Norwegian Scout Tor-Kristian Karlsen believes he's the most naturally gifted player from Norway in a generation. Full story in the link below.

Goal.com - Mats Moller Daehli

“In terms of overall potential, I’d say he’s probably the most naturally gifted player to emerge in Norway since Steffen Iversen, whose talent was regrettably hampered by injuries.”

“He’s certainly been outstanding at youth level and excelled both at national and international level. He’s been excellent even when playing against kids two or three years his senior."

“Above all his qualities, I’d say his ‘Mediterranean’ range of skills makes him special. He is a natural footballer. Everything he does on the pitch comes naturally to him, as if by instinct."

“This is very uncommon for Scandinavian footballers who are generally appreciated for their effort, physique and discipline. This kid is all about flair, skill, balance and a great natural footballing brain.”

“Several European club tops were interested, more than those reported in the media [Bayern Munich, Ajax]. But as far as I understand, at a certain point the family decided to politely pay little attention to approaches from other suitors and focus on Manchester United."

Eirik Raude

Yeah, just because it's goal.com. I'm not saying this kid is going to be a star player for us, in fact I've never seen the kid play at all. I'm just trying to give you guys a picture of what kind of player we have here, and this is the assessment one of the most renowned scouts in Scandinavia have made.

Neutral

BTV
This crop of youngsters is shrinking very quickly....

Etzaz Hussain is gone.

Apologies if this has already been mentioned elsewhere, it was news to me.

LouisRocca

Yes, the crop is shrinking...

To bad Etzaz wanted home, I would have hoped that he had some more patient, fighting for a place in the reserves. He had a bright start for the U18s when he came over.
Interesting to hear the Vaalerenga Manager saying that Etzaz will not be stright in the first team squad.
Magnus W.E. in the other hand are getting the Molde supporters jizzing with some of the stuff he has been doing in training following a reporter in Molde...

I must say that I am looking forward to see what Mats M.D. can do when he joins us in March, I think, he is regarded a much bigger talent than Magnus and Etzaz.

LouisRocca

Mats are traveling to Manchester to join up with United today.
Will be interesting to see if he get played in the U18 from the start, or if he starts with the U16 first.

Lester Freamon

Aka Caveman
Mats are traveling to Manchester to join up with United today.
Will be interesting to see if he get played in the U18 from the start, or if he starts with the U16 first.
Very very excited about this. He is getting rave reviews from everyone in Norway who's seen him play.

On a side note: Etzaz Husain is said to have been very impressive since his return. Excited to see him play this season.

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
Mats Moller Daehli born 2nd March 1995 or 15th March 1995 (conflicting dates)

Youth training at Lyn Oslo, trained by former Norwegian International Erik Mykland among others at The Norwegian College of Elite Sport.

He is the son of Truls Dæhli, sports editor of biggest newspaper in Norway.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Mats Moller Daehli born 2nd March 1995 or 15th March 1995 (conflicting dates)

Youth training at Lyn Oslo, trained by former Norwegian International Erik Mykland among others at The Norwegian College of Elite Sport.

He is the son of Truls Dæhli, sports editor of biggest newspaper in Norway.
That's not entirely accurate, mate. He's too young to attend the Noggie equivalent of college, but his former club, Lyn, had a partnership agreement with the school, enabling Mats to play matches with some of the best 16-19 year olds in the country.

And Erik Mykland, as far as I know, only trained him for short period when Mats was 11.

LouisRocca

Sondre Rossbach (15) are traveling to Manchester to have a trial with United.
This is the 3rd time he's over in manchester training with United. He is the son of former Norwegian Nationalteam goalkeeper Einar Rossbach.
The last time he was over in Manchester, he was supposed to play a trainingmatch, but United didn't want to play him, because they wouldn't like other scouts and people to see how good he realy is...

I read an story about him a couple of years ago, and he did than play as a keeper for the U16 and as an outfield player for the U14!
He have also been trained by 20LEGEND at his footballschool that he had for the best norwegian talent every summer. This is the same footballschool that Eikrem, King, Hussain, Møller Dæhli amoung others have attended. He played for his seniorteam aged 14(4th division).

He is a United supporter, allways a good start!

He can't join us until he turns 16 next year.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

Sondre Rossbach (15) are traveling to Manchester to have a trial with United.
This is the 3rd time he's over in manchester training with United. He is the son of former Norwegian Nationalteam goalkeeper Einar Rossbach.
The last time he was over in Manchester, he was supposed to play a trainingmatch, but United didn't want to play him, because they wouldn't like other scouts and people to see how good he realy is...

I read an story about him a couple of years ago, and he did than play as a keeper for the U16 and as an outfield player for the U14!
He have also been trained by 20LEGEND at his footballschool that he had for the best norwegian talent every summer. This is the same footballschool that Eikrem, King, Hussain, Møller Dæhli amoung others have attended. He played for his seniorteam aged 14(4th division).

He is a United supporter, allways a good start!

He can't join us until he turns 16 next year.
I've always thought that the best keepers are those that can also play a bit outfield.