Gaming New Daily Doddle

Big Andy

Bloke
Anyone tried battle mode yet? I'm playing against several people a day now, great fun :D
I've spammed loads in the online list but yet to have a match (much like when I was online dating).

I assume both players get the same letters?

Stevondo8

Seems to be getting harder to get near the top, I had my best week ever, average of 94 I think it was, barely broke top 20. Think I’ve been ranked #1 with average around 83 previously.

Big Andy

Bloke
Finally back in the top 10. Been a long trek as I was about 200th the other week after a terrible run. Doubt I'll ever take back top spot, but happy with single figures placing again.

Big Andy

Bloke
To my eternal shame, I got beat by the Battle Bot (Easy) the other day as well. I tried to make loads of 5 letter words and the letters came out really badly. I scored 23 and the battle bot won with 25 :lol:

IS there a medium or a hard battle bot?

Red Stone

Today's high score is going to make some waves...

Bobade

Today's high score is going to make some waves...

No wonder you knocked me off the top spot. Although to be fair, I didn't expect to see #1 ever again so was still happy to get there.

Stevondo8

Just got my highest score of 121…might have a chance of todays top score post.

GBBQ

This game!

Was scoring well each day one top 3 score and hitting 80+ most days. Managed to get#27 on the leaderboard yesterday. Had an absolute nightmare today though and scored 31. It’s the hope that kills you

youngrell

Been having a tuning the last couple of weeks. Score pretty well when I battle but my daily game has been hopeless. Still enjoy playing every day in work.

Red Stone

Been fecking my score by sacrificing strategy in an attempt to get the bonus word for ages now. Finally got the bonus today. I thought I'd get +40 in addition to the bonus for the five letter word, but not the case. It's +8 per letter rather than +3. A bit gutting. Didn't beat my all time high score even with the bonus either. I think I'll stick to strategy from now on.

Bobade

Gems not working for me today. Set my grid up for my vowels and then put an M in the vowel slot and couldn't change it. Grid fecked and ended up with 23, gonna destroy my leaderboard place :( same happened to rest of my family

MancFanFromManc

RedCafe Ninja. Stalks the forum undercover, then w
Yeah agreed, I've only got one through successfully.

Does the little red dot beside someone in the leaderboard mean online, as opposed to grey I think?
Exactly that. Red means you can challenge them. I've been challenged why in the middle of a challenge so we have a few things to iron out, but its a top feature as it means you can play more games. The Hard Bot is quite a tough challenge and good for practice, I'm 48-37 in that mode

Big Andy

Bloke
Did the app thing where you add the bookmark to the homepage, but it doesn't carry across your stats when you do that. So in effect it's a brand new account.

MancFanFromManc

RedCafe Ninja. Stalks the forum undercover, then w
Yeah agreed, I've only got one through successfully.

Does the little red dot beside someone in the leaderboard mean online, as opposed to grey I think?
I've sped up the score counter, so when you get challenged (or challenge someone else) to a battle your screen loads a lot quicker meaning you have more chance of actually having the battle. Hard Battle Bot is pretty good to practice against now too. I'm 51-41 against it so far

Stevondo8

What kind of average do you need for top 10 these days? I’m struggling to stay top 50.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Still think in the battle mode you should get a point for every ten seconds you have left of your allotted time, or at least make this an option to play.

This would open up an option to play fast and free with your letters in the hope you get enough time points to assist against a slower and steadier player.

Stevondo8

I had average of 93 for my brief stint back in the top 10
Hmmm, I know it’s been mentioned in the thread somewhere that theres more it than just your average but my average is 95 currently and I’m around 40th.

Bobade

Hmmm, I know it’s been mentioned in the thread somewhere that theres more it than just your average but my average is 95 currently and I’m around 40th.
Didn't know there was more to it. 10 day average was mentioned at one point i think ? I have 96 average and I'm at 21.

Stevondo8

Didn't know there was more to it. 10 day average was mentioned at one point i think ? I have 96 average and I'm at 21.
Thought I saw something saying that the more uncommon letters you use that factors in somehow, but can’t find it now.

Might have made it up.