New digital season tickets

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
I’ve got a ticket for the game today, first time back this season for me, can I get into the stadium by scanning the barcode on my ticket that I have on email?
A bit late but yes !

Bet you wish it hasnt worked after today though

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
Can anybody confirm that screenshots of the ticket work to gain entry on match day? I’d like to take my dad to a game this season but don’t want to pay for another membership.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Can anybody confirm that screenshots of the ticket work to gain entry on match day? I’d like to take my dad to a game this season but don’t want to pay for another membership.
They do, a QR code is a QR code, but if you are just buying an image from people, you have no protection against it being shared to multiple people . That's why the ticket forwarding system exists: one QR code is disabled for the seller and a new one is generated for the buyer.

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
They do, a QR code is a QR code, but if you are just buying an image from people, you have no protection against it being shared to multiple people . That's why the ticket forwarding system exists: one QR code is disabled for the seller and a new one is generated for the buyer.
That makes sense, thank you.

ljtunited

My mate has sent me a screenshot of his ticket for tonight’s game. Is this allowed?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
My mate has sent me a screenshot of his ticket for tonight’s game. Is this allowed?
There's 2 questions.
Is it allowed, and will it work for you to get in.

I'd say no to the former and yes to the latter.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
It is allowed, as a QR code is nothing more than an image anyway.

With Apple devices though, it is very straightforward to send a ticket from one Apple Wallet to someone else. I send all my wife’s to her via AirDrop and keep a backup in my Wallet.

Wheato

I'm in two minds about bringing my 7 year old to an 8pm kick off for the Atalanta game. Might bring a pal instead. Has anyone tried to access a game with an adult using a child's seat? I know you can upgrade, but there aren't any checks on the turnstiles that I can see, as it is all digital now.

The seat in front of me is used by both adults and children, so I'm sure that other people are doing this?? Has anyone else tried it?

Robin

I'm in two minds about bringing my 7 year old to an 8pm kick off for the Atalanta game. Might bring a pal instead. Has anyone tried to access a game with an adult using a child's seat? I know you can upgrade, but there aren't any checks on the turnstiles that I can see, as it is all digital now.

The seat in front of me is used by both adults and children, so I'm sure that other people are doing this?? Has anyone else tried it?
There is no upgrade facility for cup games this year so anyone can get in on a concession ticket. When you enter on a league match concession ” ticket” a light will flash to alert the steward, but from my experience they can’t be arsed most of the time .

20le_Solskjaer

If I forward my pal my QR code for the game tomorrow, is it a hassle? He’s not a member and I don’t want to ring up United and wait for hours.

Member 101269

If I forward my pal my QR code for the game tomorrow, is it a hassle? He’s not a member and I don’t want to ring up United and wait for hours.
I have forwarded a few, you need to add them into your account with their details name address, dob email etc. I have done it on the morning of a game, they get a QR code to their email address.

Robin

Only ever do this to someone you know as they would have access to your season ticket for the remaining games. If you transfer officially to a member they only get a single QR code for that game, if you transfer to a non member as Figgins does the behaviour of the recipient remains on your shoulders. So if they are a rowdy drunk give it a miss

Member 101269

Only ever do this to someone you know as they would have access to your season ticket for the remaining games. If you transfer officially to a member they only get a single QR code for that game, if you transfer to a non member as Figgins does the behaviour of the recipient remains on your shoulders. So if they are a rowdy drunk give it a miss
They are members.

Member 101269

They are not paid members , so unfortunately it falls back to the season ticket holder , it changed half way through the season
Even at the beginning of the season it it fell back on members. Regardless, it comes down to trust and knowledge of those you forward to.