New Fantasy Draft

Cal?

CR7 fan
Just wondering if there are enough people interested.

Basically same rules as the one currently running, but only players born on or after June 25, 1987.

---------------------------------------------------------
1 phelans shorts: Pato, Hamsik, Sahin, Fellaini, Shawcross, Matteo Mussachio, Albrighton, Simon Mignolet, Adam Matthews, Lewis Holtby, Roberto Canella, Hazard Complete
2 Walrus: Aguero, Santon, Song, Wellbeck, Jonny Evans, Iker muniain, Gibson, Lorenzo de Silvestri, Thomas Kraft, Adel Taarabt, Michael Mancienne Eliminated
3 KM: Alexis Sanchez, Banega, Szczęsny, Felipe Caicedo, Otamendi, Moussa Sissoko, Alex Witsel, Dedryck Boyata, Kyle Walker, Lucas Da Silva, Jordi Alba, Smalling Complete
4 Cling Bak: Ozil, Bojan, Walcott, Adam Johnson, Micah Richards, Seamus Coleman, Jordan Henderson, Tim Krul, Douglas Franco Teixeira, Fabrice Muamba, Armand Traore, Di Maria Complete
5 DanNistelrooy: Wilshere, Jovetic, Pjanić, Rodwell, Benedikt Höwedes, Zdravko Kuzmanović, Eren Derdiyok, Diego Capel, Marcel Schmelzer, Ahmed Elmohamady, Fraser Forster Complete
6 Cal?: Chicharito, Mata, Subotic, Anderson, Andrea Ranocchia, Renato Augusto, Granero, Jeffrén, Atsuto Uchida, Marcos Rojo, Tobias Sippel, Bale Complete
7 IBleedRed: Mueller, Busquets, Marin, Hummels, Papastathopoulos, Thiago Alcântara, Miralem Sulejmani, Ivan Obradovic, Isaac Vorsah, Oliver Baumann, Marko Arnautović, De Gea Complete
8 arjwiz: Bale, Carroll, Aly Cissokho, Ljajic, Ezequiel Munoz, Macheda, Giovani dos Santos, Denilson, Anthony Vanden Borre, Nicolas N'Koulou, Joe Lewis Eliminated
9 K Stand Knut: Pastore, Coentrao, Sakho, Christian Eriksen, Bendtner, Eduardo Salvio, Kwadwo Asamoah, Carlos Eduardo, Dejan Lovren, Nikolai Mihaylov, Sime Vrsaljko Eliminated
10 GingerPrince11: Neymar, Hazard, Kagawa, Kjaer, Phil Jones, Sandro Ranieri, Sven Bender, Kyle Naughton, Daniel Schwaab, Sven Ulreich, Tomas Necid Eliminated
11 Danish Voice: Higuain, Pedro, Rui Patricio, Yann M'Vila, Toby Alderweireld, Mauricio Isla, Ivan Rakitic, Kevin Großkreutz, Alvaro Dominguez, Emiliano Insua, Siem de Jong Eliminated
12 Desert Eagle: Di Maria, Lukaku, Götze, Van der Wiel, Ramsey, James Tomkins, Ciaran Clark, Martin Olsson, Ricky van Wolfswinkel, Nacer Chadli, Esteban Andrada Eliminated
13 Mighty Boosh: Nasri, Balotelli, Javi Martinez, Jerome Boateng, David Ospina, César Azpilicueta, Luiz Gustavo, Daniel Carrico, Willian, Abel Hernandez, Erik Pieters Complete
14 Minkaro: Rafael, De Gea, Fabio, Chris Wood, Moussa Dembele, Cleverley, Gylfi Sigurðsson, Scott Sinclair, Martin Kelly, Kyriakos Papadoupolos, Obertan Eliminated
15 FortBoyard: Smalling, Ganso, Canales, Sturridge, Toni Kroos, Kieran Gibbs, Carlos Vela, Cattermole, Dan Gosling, Raphael Varane, Sinon Bolat Eliminated
16 Solius: Marcelo, Benzema, Asenjo, Badstuber, Defour, Douglas Costa, Breno, Alan Dzagoev, Andre Ayew, Sotiris Ninis, Daniel Opare, Song Complete
------------------------------------------------------------

Draw for the knockout stage (courtesy of valentino):
Round 1
Match 1 - GingerPrince11 25-26 phelan shorts
Match 2 - Cling Bak 34-8 Desert Eagle
Match 3 - Minkaro 11-27 IBleedRed
Match 4 - Walrus 20-23 Solius
Match 5 - KM 21-15 FortBoyard
Match 6 - Cal 31-6 arjwiz
Match 7 - K Stand Knut 16-23 DanNistelrooy
Match 8 - Mighty Boosh 17-15 Danish Voice

Quarter Final
Match 9 - KM vs Solius
Match 10 - Mighty Boosh vs phelan shorts
Match 11 - DanNistelrooy vs Cal
Match 12 - Cling Bak vs IBleedRed

Semi Final
Match 13 - Winner of Match 11 vs Winner of Match 10
Match 14 - Winner of Match 12 vs Winner of Match 9

Final
Match 15 - Winner of Match 14 vs Winner of Match 13

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
I would be interested in this!

K Stand Knut

Me too but could the rules be re-posted for people slow on the uptake (i.e. me) who needs to read through.

Sounds good though

Cling Bak

Hi, I'm Barry Scott
Just wondering if there are enough people interested.

Basically same rules as the one currently running, but only players born on or after June 25, 1987.
:)

Lionel Andrés "Leo" Messi (born 24 June 1987) is an Argentine footballer who currently plays for FC Barcelona
Good work.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
The more people in the draft, the more young talent we'll find out about. Should be fun.

KM

I reckon there should be a limit of 8 or 16 persons, or else it would become nearly impossible to choose players at the latter stages.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
i would also be

i would suggest clarifying initially though - would be we talking about a long term team to last years, or a strongest team for the here and now with no regard for the future?

Cal?

CR7 fan
RULES:

* There are 16 members participating in this competition.
* The aim of the game is to select a team of 11 players from all the current footballers playing who are born on or after June 25, 1987.
* The participants will each take turns to select one player in ascending order (Participant 1 will select first, followed by Participant 2, then Partipant 3 etc.).
* Once the first round of the draft is complete (all 16 participants have chosen a player), the second round begins. It operates the same as the first draft, except this time in descending order (Participant 16 picks first, Participant 15 picks second, etc.). This is to ensure that those towards the end of the list get fair picks.
* Once you have posted your selection for any particular round of the draft, it is up to you to PM the person who is next in line to inform them that they are now allowed to make their choice. Remember the participants on either side of you, as these are the only 2 participants you will have to PM for the duration of the competition.
* You have 24 hours to post your selection. If you cannot make your post within 24 hours, the draft continues on as normal and it is up to you to post your selection at your earliest convenience.
The time limit goes down to 12 hours after the 2nd round of picks.
* When posting your selection, please post a picture of the player. You must also include an explanation of why you picked this player.
* Players chosen will be judged on their careers so far, everything they have achieved, selection should not be based on how good you think they'd become.
* You may pick any formation you choose, however a realistic formation is recommended as your team will be going up against another team from the competition and the rest of RedCafe will vote as to who they think would win in a match between the two.
* Once round 17 is complete, a new thread will be started where each participant gets on final chance to post their entire team, their tactics, why their team should win etc.
* Come the knockout stage, if you win a match, you are allowed to choose one player from the losing side to replace one of your own.

Current participants:
Cal?
KM
GingerPrince11
Cling Bak
FortBoyard
K Stand Knut
Desert Eagle
Danish Voice
Solius
Minkaro
Mighty Boosh
DanNistelrooy
arjwiz
IBleedRed
Walrus
phelans shorts

Sorry ciderman9000000, Enigma_87, Enigma_87 & Snow, 16 is about the maximum realistic number...

To ensure fairness, I'll do a draw to decide on the order later today. :)

Cal?

CR7 fan
:)

Good work.
Yeah, just thought allowing Messi in will give whoever gets first pick a huge advantage*, the date was not picked out of thin air. :)

* I'm aware Messi's team went out in the 1st round last time.

Chapster

wow
i'll be interested in the results but wouldn't have the football knowledge to be able to participate (either in drafting or voting!)

KM

It'll be interesting to see the choices made after the first two-three rounds are done, I think it's gonna be very difficult too choose the U-24 Players.

Cal?

CR7 fan
1 phelans shorts
2 Walrus
3 KM
4 Cling Bak
5 DanNistelrooy
6 Cal?
7 IBleedRed
8 arjwiz
9 K Stand Knut
10 GingerPrince11
11 Danish Voice
12 Desert Eagle
13 Mighty Boosh
14 Minkaro
15 FortBoyard
16 Solius

So here's the order generated by the Excel RAND function, actually I did it twice, the first time I was first and I thought you guys won't believe me. ;)

Anyway, phelans shorts, off you go...

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
with 16 players and squads of 14 needed, there is going to be some very random names picked toward the end of the draft!

Cling Bak

Hi, I'm Barry Scott
Yeah, just thought allowing Messi in will give whoever gets first pick a huge advantage*, the date was not picked out of thin air. :)

* I'm aware Messi's team went out in the 1st round last time.
Definitely a good decision, mate!

Can phelans shorts start now then?

with 16 players and squads of 14 needed, there is going to be some very random names picked toward the end of the draft!
Indeed. Some people might need a scout or assistant... ;)

Cal?

CR7 fan
200ish players is not that many, we picked as many from PL only players last time in the unfinished game.

Am I too late?
I want in!! Is it too late?
Sorry guys

Dead last :lol: :(
I doubt the order will matter as much as in the original game, picks are likely to be very random anyway. ;)

Cal?

CR7 fan
Also, just added a new rule to add a little spice to the knockout stage:

Come the knockout stage, if you win a match, you are allowed to choose one player from the losing side to replace one of your own.