New kids next season?

Crashoutcassius

Realistically, Ole will give chances to at least 1-2 kids again next season after the success of Williams and Greenwood this season, not to mention the continued success of rashford and mctominay

Anybody with a good view on the reserve team have any bets? Tuanzebe to feature more, Mengi or Laird? Anybody further forward?

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
certainly will be Laird and Garner (or might be loaned for a few months)

Still too soon I think for Mengi and Mejbri

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I’d assume Laird gets a few games. I don’t think we’ll get anyone near the level Greenwood got unless we start getting some freak injuries.

BehemothTerror

I think it may come down to who goes on loan to be fair. Garner and Levitt seems likely to do so.

Mengi maybe if Tuanzebe has another rough season with injuries. Laird could also maybe start to be introduced but doubt he'll get Williams or Greenwood amounts of minutes.

Even a very slim chance we might see Hannibal or Puigmal but that's on the more unlikely scale.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
I’d assume Laird gets a few games. I don’t think we’ll get anyone near the level Greenwood got unless we start getting some freak injuries.
I think Laird will get some games, and possibly Mengi, unless we get in a CB, would then go on loan.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I think Laird will get some games, and possibly Mengi, unless we get in a CB, would then go on loan.
Too soon for Mengi. Laird will get minutes in the League Cup providing it's a low league side is my guess

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Outside shout but I have absolutely loved Devine in U18 and with our problems with full back position, and Laird injury issue, I think he could be a suprise inclusion.

Castia

Feels like Garner has been on the fringe for a while.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Those who follow our youth set up closely rate Laird way above Williams.
AWB can easily get a longish injury, and Laird gets his chance and does brilliantly and he establishes himself.
Exactly what happened for Rashford and Williams.

-Supreme-

We should see more of Chong next season, talent is there and he just needs more time to settle in as not all kids can make instant impact.

I'd like to see Mejbri be given some game time particularly when we have missed out on Bellingham.

lysglimt

Scout
I doubt Laird will be loaned out due to his injury problems in the last seasons - I think United want to keep him close to keep track of him

Chairman Steve

Mejbri was the first name to spring to mind for me. Garner and Laird were after that... Mainly due to they play in positions where we could do with some depth (Garner as a Matić backup and Laird as a versatile fullback option)

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Every time I see Garner I become more convinced he’s a nailed on first teamer. Just oozes quality and composure.

Alemar

In terms of position, Mejbri - he may potentially deputise for Pogba or for Bruno. Also Laird, as Bissaka can’t play all games.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Paging resident scout @limerickcitykid. I'll take his word on who looks more ready.

PS. Bummer for Charlton mate :lol:
Oh nice, getting tagged for my wisdom :lol:

No one will breakthrough like Greenwood. If Laird can stay fit I can see him getting some games and impressing and potentially taking Williams spot as the back-up fullback.

Garner I think should go on loan. Has looked a little timid in his senior appearances and he needs more than just a cup game or two at this stage.

Levitt very talenttoo but also think he struggled a little physically in the EFL Trophy matches. Think he’d benefit from a loan.

Mengi maybe the odd cup match. Mejbri also slowly included with a cup game or two.

I don’t really see anyone making a big breakthrough next season. The 21/22 season I think will be a better chance for Mejbri with Garner, Levitt, or Chong if they have successful loans.

If Axel could ever manage to stay fit then he could have a chance or just continue on as a new Phil Jones.

And man Charlton have been a shambles. Wigan points deduction and they still managed to get relegated. After losing Taylor and Gallagher there was just barely any quality. May have to find a new London club once stadiums open back up.

RUCK4444

What's the latest on Tuenzebe's injury? Have to say when I saw him live a while back he looked the absolute real deal.

Quick, confident on the ball, strong. Has all the basics to grow into a great partner for Maguire if he can stay clear of injury once he's back.

Kearnkoff69

Garner, Laird, and Mengi are the ones I'd like to see the most. If Mengi can make the step up in the next couple of years, he would be the perfect solution to our CB conundrum. Always hard to tell which young CBs are going to make the leap and which will fall off, though. Needs a taste of first team football and more time to develop. Garner and Laird, if good enough, would go a long way toward solving our serious lack of depth and allow us to rotate more and keep the lads fresher.

georgipep

Oh nice, getting tagged for my wisdom :lol:

No one will breakthrough like Greenwood. If Laird can stay fit I can see him getting some games and impressing and potentially taking Williams spot as the back-up fullback.

Garner I think should go on loan. Has looked a little timid in his senior appearances and he needs more than just a cup game or two at this stage.

Levitt very talenttoo but also think he struggled a little physically in the EFL Trophy matches. Think he’d benefit from a loan.

Mengi maybe the odd cup match. Mejbri also slowly included with a cup game or two.

I don’t really see anyone making a big breakthrough next season. The 21/22 season I think will be a better chance for Mejbri with Garner, Levitt, or Chong if they have successful loans.

If Axel could ever manage to stay fit then he could have a chance or just continue on as a new Phil Jones.

And man Charlton have been a shambles. Wigan points deduction and they still managed to get relegated. After losing Taylor and Gallagher there was just barely any quality. May have to find a new London club once stadiums open back up.
Can we at least expect some cup games for Mejbri? The hype around this kid is growing by the day and by next season he will have expectations the size of Gomes'. For better or worse.

CM

I'd like to see more of Laird next season. Having the option of a more attacking full-back in place of Wan-Bissaka would be useful in some games. Potentially Garner too, if he's as talented as the journalists would have you believe.

The second leg vs LASK might be a decent litmus test to see if some of them are ready for more first team football here.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
there can always be surprises - would Williams have been mentioned much in a thread similar to this last season? or McT the year before?

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
there can always be surprises - would Williams have been mentioned much in a thread similar to this last season? or McT the year before?
Rashford came out of nowhere too. All the talk was about James Wilson.

Laird should be given game time as cover for Wan-Bissaka. If this season wasn't so messed up and the run in so pivotal, I reckon exactly this would have happened already.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
From what I heard, Mengri and Mejbri has the biggest talent out of all. But its seems too soon for them as they are both very young.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Think Garner and Chong will get loans. Laird to get minutes from Dalot, Mejbri the tiny minutes Gomes got, Mengi and Tuanzebe to be 4th and 5th choice CBs. Mostly though our current young guys to just step up more.

Prodigal7

The two full backs signed from Barca and Real will likely get some minutes. I think it’s interesting we decided to sign them given that we have Laird. I wonder if Ole is not a fan of Laird.

In Rainbows

The two full backs signed from Barca and Real will likely get some minutes. I think it’s interesting we decided to sign them given that we have Laird. I wonder if Ole is not a fan of Laird.
Way too soon for those kids. They'll play for the u18s.

Mejbri, Laird, and Garner are my choices.

Prodigal7

Way too soon for those kids. They'll play for the u18s.

Mejbri, Laird, and Garner are my choices.
I think the club have been saying through the press that Garner will go on loan. Mejbri and Laird would be next up though.
I think those two full backs will at least be playing u23 football. There were lots of rumours that we were able to sign them because we told them they would get first team minutes if there were injuries/unavailability of AWB, Shaw and Williams.

In Rainbows

I think the club have been saying through the press that Garner will go on loan. Mejbri and Laird would be next up though.
I think those two full backs will at least be playing u23 football. There were lots of rumours that we were able to sign them because we told them they would get first team minutes if there were injuries/unavailability of AWB, Shaw and Williams.
We don't usually do that with players. Mejbri was class for the u18s and u23s as a 16 year old, and then 17 year old for the last few games before lockdown. Carreras just turned 17 and there is no evidence of him being impressive for our youth teams to assess whether he's ready or not. Jurado just barely turned 16.

I think there is no chance they get minutes next season. They'll have to show what Mejbri did before getting that chance.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I don't think the big teams will even be in the league Cup next season. Season starts 12th September, finishes in May and apparently the league Cup games have been provisionally scheduled for the same weeks as European fixtures through necessity.

So either we don't enter the league Cup or we field two teams at same time with Carrick taking one and Ole taking the other.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
More congested fixture schedule and 5 subs per game should hopefully mean youth players are given more opportunities. I think for those reasons the young players closest to the first team fringes might not be given a loan (position permitting).

Web of Bissaka

This.
Plus Rashford, those three were three pleasant surprises.

Maybe we can include Januzaj (not sure if there are talks of him breaking into the first team that season) and McNair (but one season wonder).

Blzbud

Anthony Elanga too, maybe, in addition to some of names mentioned. His development has been hampered by injuries, but he’s got something about him and might have a chance.