New Kits 23/24

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
In our 99 season, was the kit in the champions league final the kit from the following year (2000?).. cant remember and its bugging me. I know it was different, but why and which one was more classic?

Also hi I didnt come on here for like 10 years, cant believe its still going.
We had a different kit for European matches. We more the 99 kits in 2000 though as well.

decorativeed

In our 99 season, was the kit in the champions league final the kit from the following year (2000?).. cant remember and its bugging me. I know it was different, but why and which one was more classic?

Also hi I didnt come on here for like 10 years, cant believe its still going.
The champions league final shirt was worn in the CL only from 1997/98 season till 2000/01 season. Check www.unitedkits.com

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
All these kits (including ours) with these patterns are just awful.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
Man I must be getting old- haven't seen a single kit I like yet. Thought Barca's was the best until I saw the close up with Messi and realised it had those lines on it. Would look infinitely better if it were just solid, unembellished black.

decorativeed

Well, our last grey kit was a disaster. Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it, or something like that.
Back in February, I gave a tour of my workplace to the design team from Adidas. I remember saying that grey kits should be banned and that there wasn't a single good example of one. I wondered why they looked sheepish, even if they are officially describing this as green.

Gopher Brown

Back in February, I gave a tour of my workplace to the design team from Adidas. I remember saying that grey kits should be banned and that there wasn't a single good example of one. I wondered why they looked sheepish, even if they are officially describing this as green.
If only you had remonstrated more forcefully

Gopher Brown

The United grey kit looks like it's made out of velvet. Guess other teams will want to put their hands all over our players.
This means we can get Mike back from Roma, as he won’t want to touch the opponents at corners cos he’ll be too busy feeling himself.

Nick7

For the more outlandish lovers.
I hate the way they’re all black. I dislike the way some North American sports do that stuff, like all NBA teams having a white home jersey. MLS tried it a couple of years back too with all the away jerseys being white I think.

RyRy11

Our Home kit goes on sale 4th August judging by a membership email

I hate the way they’re all black. I dislike the way some North American sports do that stuff, like all NBA teams having a white home jersey. MLS tried it a couple of years back too with all the away jerseys being white I think.
Not just this year, I think all but one or two clubs in MLS have a base white away kit and they're all made by Adidas so the lack of creativity is off the charts. The worst thing is that clubs are only allowed to change one kit a season, so each season you either get a new home kit or new away kit. And there are no third kits :( At least there are quite a few lovely home kits

AshRK

I like most of those, probably the Halifax one more than the rest. Thanks for sharing, do you follow the CPL? Any PL-worthy talent up there?
Being from halifax I will definitely buy. It's sad they won't be playing their games at home but behind closed doors at different city. Went to a game last year and it was a terrific atmosphere for a 7000 capacity.

limerickcitykid

Not just this year, I think all but one or two clubs in MLS have a base white away kit and they're all made by Adidas so the lack of creativity is off the charts. The worst thing is that clubs are only allowed to change one kit a season, so each season you either get a new home kit or new away kit. And there are no third kits :( At least there are quite a few lovely home kits
Buying a kit and having it actually be relevant for 2 years is the best thing, far from the worst.

European clubs milking supporters for 3 kits a season is thankfully the one thing sports in America has right.

Buying a kit and having it actually be relevant for 2 years is the best thing, far from the worst.

European clubs milking supporters for 3 kits a season is thankfully the one thing sports in America has right.
Eh, I personally don't think a new kit coming out makes the old one irrelevant, I'm still wearing my 2017 Atlanta shirt to matches. To each their own. I do like how the NBA continuously adds uniforms throughout the season.

limerickcitykid

I like most of those, probably the Halifax one more than the rest. Thanks for sharing, do you follow the CPL? Any PL-worthy talent up there?
Halifax is my pick of the bunch too. York is really the only one I’m not a fan of with it just having names of the cities on it.

I follow it a bit. I was going to buy the subscription to properly follow this season but that’s all been messed now and I don’t think $70 is worth just for the short tournament. But PL-worthy talent, not even close. The leagues best player was sold to a top second division Belgian club. It’s a fairly low standard, many I grew up playing with. Any of the top talents with potential will be at an MLS club or gone to Europe. And with the CPL commissioner saying he doesn’t believe in academies there isn’t much chance of unearthing any gems. It’s just for those not good enough to breakthrough in the MLS or journeyman that have been floating around lower European leagues like Finland.