New Kits 2019-20

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022

West Ham giving their fans the option to buy their kit with or without the sponsor.....

RochaRoja

West Ham giving their fans the option to buy their kit with or without the sponsor.....
I’d happily pay 25% more for a shirt without a sponsor.

The only football shirts I’ve bought in the past five years have been either international or training. Feck being a walking billboard for some shitty gambling company.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
I’d happily pay 25% more for a shirt without a sponsor.

The only football shirts I’ve bought in the past five years have been either international or training. Feck being a walking billboard for some shitty gambling company.
What about being a walking billboard for premium automobile manufacturer, Chevrolet™©?

VBI

Supports
Celtic, Barca
Just saw that the Barca shirt was confirmed. I'm glad Barca are putting aside the shame of losing such a big semi final lead by embracing an even bigger shame by wearing this tablecloth ass bullshit instead of a shirt. Liverpool will be forgotten about in mere days. :cool::drool::wenger::wenger::wenger:

friendlytramp

More full of crap than a curry house toilet
Would only work for betting companies (or similar)that people may object to on moral or religious grounds.

Manchester Dan

Supports
Man City
City official kits launched now.

I like the home kit, don’t dislike the away.

Pretty middle of the road kit - had worse, had better.

Skills

Snitch
Interesting. How does that work with the sponsor then?

Their white one looks nice without it.

I'm guessing there was a loophole in the contract on replica shirts or in this specific case they negotiated it out. I can't see some of the bigger sponsors ever agreeing to this.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Red stripe is a little thin but we're back to the BBRBB color scheme. :drool:

Nick7

Red stripe is a little thin but we're back to the BBRBB color scheme. :drool:
Genuinely cannot understand why PSG and Nike have avoided using the Hechter design in recent years. It's an absolute classic and Nike keep trying to be too smart and changing it up when they really don't need to.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Genuinely cannot understand why PSG and Nike have avoided using the Hechter design in recent years. It's an absolute classic and Nike keep trying to be too smart and changing it up when they really don't need to.
Nike like to be cute with their designs and for marketing they avoid having the same design year after year.

Many of the recent shirts were "reworked" Hechter designs but that's not the same as the original.

Nick7

Nike like to be cute with their designs and for marketing they avoid having the same design year after year.

Many of the recent shirts were "reworked" Hechter designs but that's not the same as the original.
Yeah like last year's it was similar to the Hechter shirt but looked awful. Same with our home kit last year. One home kits should be red shirts, white shorts, and black socks. But yeah adidas were tying to be cute and market it as a nod to Manchester railways.

When was the last proper Hechter shirt? 2011? I'm also shocked the white jersey with red and blue stripes doesn't show up more for ye. Don't get me started on the Jordan marketing gimmick that was your champions league jersey too. I think that was disgraceful.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Yeah like last year's it was similar to the Hechter shirt but looked awful. Same with our home kit last year. One home kits should be red shirts, white shorts, and black socks. But yeah adidas were tying to be cute and market it as a nod to Manchester railways.

When was the last proper Hechter shirt? 2011? I'm also shocked the white jersey with red and blue stripes doesn't show up more for ye. Don't get me started on the Jordan marketing gimmick that was your champions league jersey too. I think that was disgraceful.
Yes last one was 11/12. Interesting that you talk about the white shirt of the 80s, according to leaks it's coming back next season as the third kit. ;)

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

Well, if you still think that our away kit is the worst thing a team will wear during the 2019/20 season, i suggest you take a look at Braga's third jersey... Hopefully, they won't have to wear it very often. :lol:

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Given the simplicity of the other two, i'd guess it's an attempt at something extravagant that obviously went awry. Still, it amazes me how designs like this one get the final approval. This is beyond tasteless and probably one of the worst jerseys ever designed.
Fan mockups are always the best of everything (not the piss takes obv). You get some right beauties, yet you've got Stevie Wonder working for Adidas.

Snafu17

Kit designers should really give up on gradient. It never works.

Last edited:

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Almost as bad as our away kit
Our away kit is a lot better than that. I'm not a fan of the pattern but at least it's subtle and doesn't stand out unless up close.

That city kit is well in your face, going to look great on a cold november night :lol:

Nick7

That's worse than ours. I'm also pretty sure Barca had that exact same kit back in 2012.

BlueHaze

I'd take the color of that city kit ahead of our disgusting beige one any day.

Without a doubt we have imo the ugliest away kit after that batman looking one.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
The editor of the article has a very unfortunate name.
I didn't notice that. It could possibly all be part of the fun.

Without getting too precious about it I do feel a little for the Huddersfield fans who don't want to see their club become Paddy Power's social media plaything for the season. I hope the suits spend the lucre wisely.

MAME DIOUF 32

I'm late to the party on the West Ham sponsor logo thing, but I think it's great. Not only does it make a shirt look better but it will make it last longer. The sponsor's logo always starts falling off long before the shirt is worn out.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
Well, if you still think that our away kit is the worst thing a team will wear during the 2019/20 season, i suggest you take a look at Braga's third jersey... Hopefully, they won't have to wear it very often. :lol:

It will look better as the players walk on the pitch you know. Or not.