New Kits 23/24

hungrywing

I like the latest leaks...the sponsorship logo is higher up like the old Sharp logo and the away is more closer to the 91 away that also divided opinions (I loved it ...). The earlier versions of the away looked very crude almost as if they were blurry Sheff Wednesday kits gone zig zaggy.
The latest is more 'blurry' than this earlier version?

Spoondog to opthalmology. stat.

Spoony

The People's President
No a blurry Sheff Weds kit!! This one doesn't looksvas if it's been put together on MacPaint back in the day. It's far closer to the 91 that I've still got somewhere...rather than a blurry Sheff Weds kit with zigzags @hungrywing.

Also the TeamViewer logo looks it's been placed by a person who's not completely clueless.

hungrywing

No a blurry Sheff Weds kit!! This one doesn't looksvas if it's been put together on MacPaint back in the day. It's far closer to the 91 that I've still got somewhere...rather than a blurry Sheff Weds kit with zigzags @hungrywing.

Also the TeamViewer logo looks it's been placed by a person who's not completely clueless.
Which one!? You didn't quote/cite! Get your eyes checked; the Movie Thread people need to be able to rely on you.

Just look at those vertical zigzag lines. Awful.
If you mean the dark blue/black Inter-ish kit, I'm with you. Looks way too Inter.

Spoony

The People's President
Which one!? You didn't quote/cite! Get your eyes checked; the Movie Thread people need to be able to rely on you.

If you mean the dark blue/black Inter-ish kit, I'm with you. Looks way too Inter.

Yes, the darker one that was leaked/mocked up earlier...all I can see is an Inter kit that you've mentioned crossed with a Sheff Weds home.

Anyway... they're only kits, can't believe we're critiquing them, Hungry!

hungrywing

Yes, the darker one that was leaked/mocked up earlier...all I can see is an Inter kit that you've mentioned crossed with a Sheff Weds home.

Anyway... they're only kits, can't believe we're critiquing them, Hungry!
When you can bench 905 kg, you also want other people to know you're a sensitive soul. I totally understand.

Dan_F

I’m surprised TeamViewer didn’t want their logo more central, like how Chevrolet have theirs currently. You’d have thought the logo is massively important, seen as that is the icon on people’s desktops (I’m assuming).

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
The early 'leaks' are almost always made by someone on photoshop from second-hand information they got from someone else who saw an early design, or got some inside information somehow. So they are only vaguely accurate. The colours may be right, but the rest is pure imagination.

I spoke to the adidas designers last year about leaks and how they prevent them, and they said it's really difficult, because they have to at some point send out the designs to get fabric samples made up in an external facility. Then they have to send those samples out to other people involved in the production, they also have to present these samples for sign-off by the clubs around 12 months before they are released. So stopping the leaks of information is really difficult at the early stages. Once the kits have gone into production is when the proper leaked photos start appearing, but before that we have people making fakes based on the fan-made images that are on the likes of footyheadlines or Twitter.

Back in 2019, I met the head of design from adidas at the Emirates Stadium and was shown the international kits (the ones which should have been the Euro 2020 home kits) a day or two before they were officially released. We had to sign non-disclosure forms before they showed us them.

Anyway, these ones are alright, I suppose. Bits I really like on them, bits I don't. I'd have loved it if a kit that was inspired by our 1993-95 away kit was actually black like that one was, for example. I'd have liked the 90s style collar from that third kit to also have been used on the away kit, as I think we've overused crew necks in recent years and it'd fit with the retro vibe of the rest of the shirt better.

Edit: Also, with the previous (fake) versions of the away kit, I said I didn't believe we'd ever put sky blue on a united kit, and the gradient effects would probably be made by a stipling of royal blue and white, just like on the 1990-92 away shirt. Looks like I was right.
I'm glad someone else has mentioned this, I thought I had gone colour blind when I read it was inspired but that kit.

Swedish_Plumber

I can’t embed tweets yet but ‘mufcmpb’ on twitter posted images of our rumoured new home kit. I think it looks pretty sleek.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Great kit. Will buy a fake replica from China.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Arsenal New Away Kit :

Like that pastel shade of yellow and the cannon logo, DHGate here we go...

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
That home top would be absolutely incredible. I love the away top as well.

I wish the quoted one above was the reality.

Awful kit.

Utterly disgraceful as usual from that lot.

Arsenal New Away Kit :

Like that pastel shade of yellow and the cannon logo, DHGate here we go...
Lovely!

Aidan Azar

Supports
Chelsea
The Chelsea kit is growing on me to be honest, now I've had a while to get used to it. Don't think it will look too bad on the pitch, guess we'll find out on Saturday.

I'd never wear one myself though!

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
The Chelsea kit is growing on me to be honest, now I've had a while to get used to it. Don't think it will look too bad on the pitch, guess we'll find out on Saturday.

I'd never wear one myself though!
This always happens. People hated the 2019 kit too, but most learned to like it eventually. I agree I don't think it's that bad. I won't buy it but it looks OK.

Last edited: