Music New Order

Raoul

Admin
Staff
@Olly have you heard Lost Sirens (released 2014) ? It NO's album that was recorded over a decade ago but never released until recently because of the problems they had with Hooky. Some good tracks on there.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
Yeah its one of the better tracks on Music for Pleasure. When you go through all the various projects including New Order, Electronic, Monaco, The Other Two, Revenge, Bad Lieutenant etc. - one thing becomes pretty clear. Sumner's song writing seems to be the guiding force in New Order and there's a noticeable degradation in projects where he's not involved (although those projects are pretty good as well). New Order's latest album, despite not having Hook, is still pretty good as the past 2-3 New Order albums go.

Singularity is imo every bit as good as anything on Get Ready or Waiting for the Sirens Call....

Yeah I listened to Music Complete a few months ago and thought it was good. Not one I'd listen to multiple times in a day like I do with ones like Lowlife, but there are still a few songs I listen to every now and then.

@Olly have you heard Lost Sirens (released 2014) ? It NO's album that was recorded over a decade ago but never released until recently because of the problems they had with Hooky. Some good tracks on there.
Nope, haven't even heard of it, will have to check it out!

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
He (they) played not too far from me a few months ago. Would have been kinda cool to go if I had known anyone else interested but alas, I didn't/don't.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Saw them live at rhe Sydney Opera House about 18 months ago and they were brilliant and even finished with Love Will Tear Us Apart. Blue Monday live was stunning and we were only 3 rows from the front.

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
I saw Hooky on his last two tours, always does a great show. Gutted I won't make it this time around.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I saw Hooky on his last two tours, always does a great show. Gutted I won't make it this time around.
I believe Hooky only plays Joy Division material. Not sure I could stomach listening to a non-Ian Curtis voice singing those tracks.

Barca84

Supports
Doesn't support Barca
I believe Hooky only plays Joy Division material. Not sure I could stomach listening to a non-Ian Curtis voice singing those tracks.
I saw him a couple of years back in Manchester and you'd be right to avoid it. Karaoke Joy Division with your dad on the mic. Dreadful.

kundalini

Temptation
Thieves Like Us
Bizarre Love Triangle (Shep Pettibone remix) - Richard X remix is also very good
Love Vigilantes
Regret (Fire Island Mix)
Age Of Consent
Love Will Tear Us Apart

---

(I'm struggling to come up with another 3)

---
Waiting For The Sirens Call (Glastonbury Live version)
Crystal
Face Up (from Low Life Album)
--

It's a long time since I listened to some of the albums so probably forgotten a few. Not paid a great deal of attention since Republic. My musical tastes changed. The only new songs I've caught are the ones featured at Glastonbury and other concerts available on YouTube.

People On The High Line is probably my favourite track from Music Complete.

Last edited:

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Hooky signing True Faith. I suppose he can do that now that the legal case is settled.