New Paddy Power advert with Rhodri Giggs

Boycott

Screwing your brothers wife - Horrible

Making a jokey advert about it - Worse then filth

-Devilish 2019
Very good :lol:

If I was a player for Giggs I'd have no respect for him. Glad he didn't get the United job and a club legend who was happy to be in the background is at the wheel instead.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Screwing your brothers wife - Horrible

Making a jokey advert about it - Worse then filth

-Devilish 2019
I am not justifying what ryan did. There is a million post from me condemning it. However i fail to understand how one can capitalise on such a horrible event in his life especially when society was starting to forget all about it. Is money so important for rhodri to pass from that whole ordeal again? After what happened he lost his wife and his brother. All he was left with was dignity . Unfortunately he sold that in a third rated advert

Last edited:

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
Very good :lol:

If I was a player for Giggs I'd have no respect for him. Glad he didn't get the United job and a club legend who was happy to be in the background is at the wheel instead.
He did get it for a while.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Pretty good, that. Paddy Power's attempt at comedy is usually a bit shite, but that's a good one.

There was a good little interview with Rhodri in some crap tabloid a week or so ago about how he felt the advert was taking the piss out of himself more than taking shots at his brother, and he went on to say he has tried to bury the hatchet with Ryan, but so far it hasn't been reciprocated.

Devil81

Fair fecks to the lad, he's been damaged by his brother so why not rub it in and make a few quid from the twat.

Giggs will be forever a legend at United but a complete bastard of a man to boot.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Just saw the ad at full-time of today's game on Sky and they changed a bunch of jokes in the backgrounds - "The Wandering Cock" picture frame was replaced by a painting of flowers and the newspaper headline now says "Ole Ole Ole". I guess they had to sanitise it for day time television.

I think the ad is hilarious. Harmless really but a pretty sad state of affairs for the Giggs family.

MittenCrab

F*******k! Just picked my jaw up off the floor. Genuinely hilarious.

Sauldogba

You're fecking right he's bitter, and why wouldn't he be? I mean it's not as if his own brother tore the whole family apart by shagging your wife for 8 years.
Im sorry but he needs to man up and get some dignity.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I really don't see how people are reading this ad as Rhodri losing his dignity. He's making something positive from something negative that happened to him, laughing at himself and having an entirely fair dig at Ryan in the process. That's dealing with things well as far as I can see.

It's an ad making fun of the time Ryan Giggs scummily fecked his brother over by having an affair with his wife. The only brother who comes out poorly from that is the one who did something wrong.

jeff_goldblum

Is Hush playing in the background a reference to the injunction because if so that's a great joke.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
It's tragic this is considered good banter

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Holy shit :lol:

Is it even banter? Feels like a desire to make money off what must have been a totally shit situation for Rhodri. Can't blame him one bit.

Then again, I don't know the full details.
It was Paddy Power's idea and what they do is banter. Rhodri decided he was fine being a pawn in that because, you know, fancy cars and shit. And based on the response in here I'd say PP achieved their goal of giving footy fans a bit of banter to laugh about. Every aspect of which is tragic from my perspective.

SER19

It’s funny. But also woefully tacky and a bit tragic. Also forced a bit with the crap tagline. Pp advertising is generally crap i think

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
That’s.....a bit grim, really. But I guess he has a family to take care of, so it’s fair game.
Yeh, it's so awkward.
Sure, it makes people talk about the ad. But in no way this would make me want whatever that ad offers.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
It's funny as feck. If there's anyone that should feel shame, it's the guy who slept with his brother's wife.

Oga on top.

Supports
Liverpool
Rhodri Giggs is an upstanding citizen. If my brother had been banging my missus for 8 years, I would probably be locked up and posting on the caf via the penitentiary P.C so a little harmless advert is acceptable in comparison.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Fair play to him, if your brother slings one up your wife you may as well make some money out of it.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Rhodri Giggs is an upstanding citizen. If my brother had been banging my missus for 8 years, I would probably be locked up and posting on the caf via the penitentiary P.C so a little harmless advert is acceptable in comparison.

The brother of Cardiff-born Manchester United superstar Ryan Giggs has been jailed for nine months after attacking a man outside a nightclub.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/wales/1472299.stm

Oga on top.

Supports
Liverpool
Fair play to him, if your brother slings one up your wife you may as well make some money out of it.
It wasn't just a quickie bumming in the basement on Christmas Eve when everyone was pissed, this lasted 8 fecking years. He's one of the few people entitled to write one of those god forsaken 'tell all' books.

JMack1234

It's a very funny advert and I don't see any reason to be offended on behalf of Ryan Giggs just because I'm a United fan.

There are some people you admire because of what they've achieved and some people you admire because of who they are. Giggs is the former for me.

Fact is. If you're in the public eye and you sleep with your brothers wife you won't live that down.

Dion

I love people throwing cuckold around as an insult to Rhodri too, as if anyone on here's wife would turn down Ryan Giggs when they'll settle for you ****s :D.

Fair play to him - Ryan Giggs gets to carry on and enjoy his life unaffected really. He is still with his wife and most of the public no longer talk about the things he did.

Rhodri lost his marriage and was essentially publicly humiliated. If Paddy Power offered him a wedge of money then I don't blame him for taking it. He is the victim in all of this so what ever works for him i guess.

Reactions: Fortitude

Unam333

Fair play to him - Ryan Giggs gets to carry on and enjoy his life unaffected really. He is still with his wife and most of the public no longer talk about the things he did.

Rhodri lost his marriage and was essentially publicly humiliated. If Paddy Power offered him a wedge of money then I don't blame him for taking it. He is the victim in all of this so what ever works for him i guess.
I read somewhere that Ryan Giggs is divorced now.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
To be fair if I was him I’d make as much money as I could off Ryan too.

He’s got a big pay day from it and gets to embarrass his brother again in the process.