New Podcast - United Hour - Diamonds aren't forever

Duafc

Village Lemon
Hey Folks - Have a listen as Nik, Jamie and I do our best to dissect our abject efforts against Arsenal.

If watching that wasn't bad enough, subject yourself to a further 60 minutes reliving it all over again!

Many thanks to @buckooo1978 for a concise and damning question, providing Nik the opportunity for some swift and well earned comeuppance - 7 points from 6 games - is it all on Ole and can it be viewed as anything other than a shambles?

We also touch on (or fail to) why we can never seem to achieve consistency, was it Ole, then Diamond or the players? And just how important Marty-al is to this team.

Listen on Apple Podcasts, iTunes, Spotify or wherever else you get your pods by searching 'United Hour'

Again we massively appreciate shares, comments and ratings! With a *hopefully* uneventful Champions league game midweek on the horizon feel free to fire in any questions or topics to help us fill out the next pod!

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
For anybody that has already downloaded, please refresh/redownload to get a non-tin version of Nik :)

Alock1

Good pod guys! @Rood moved to @Vault Dweller this week and didn't let him speak. Really living up to his piece of work reputation.

I thought it was a terrible game from us. Regardless of formation I've seen that performance from Ole's United 15 or so times. The game could have lasted another hour and we wouldn't have scored.

That Arsenal weren't better going forward and only scored one goal isn't any credit to us really.

Everton is a must win game else Ole comes under huge pressure. I thought he'd have turned this dip around for the first time, nipping it in the bud with those champs league performances but clearly not.

Enjoyed the question from @buckooo1978

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
I actually enjoyed the podcast despite the result. It was about the only safe place to go after the result after avoiding any other type of news/social media outlet.

Agreed with Rood I think it was about this one, being more disappointed than any other result this season. The others I put to just not being match fit. That performance was unforgivable. Also glad yous mentioned Martial. I havnt always been his absolute biggest fan but when he's out of the team you can see how much he knits our attack together. Like a dribbling goalscoring Firmino

UmbroDays

Good podcast - I knew after the RB match that the light would shine bright on Ole, but it was papering over the cracks. We're again seeing again why many believe he's tactically inept and he shouldn't be the long-term prospect to lead our club (for me after this season he needs to go for Poch). I'm glad Nick see this too, as last couple of weeks it was "We've got 2 games in hand". Now it's 1 and we're 4 points above the relegation zone and not won at home...still

The Arsenal game AGAIN showed how much we're lacking in midfield due to personal and formation.

Saves me from venting to the Mrs when I listen to the pod, so thanks for that lads!

croadyman

Good podcast - I knew after the RB match that the light would shine bright on Ole, but it was papering over the cracks. We're again seeing again why many believe he's tactically inept and he shouldn't be the long-term prospect to lead our club (for me after this season he needs to go for Poch). I'm glad Nick see this too, as last couple of weeks it was "We've got 2 games in hand". Now it's 1 and we're 4 points above the relegation zone and not won at home...still

The Arsenal game AGAIN showed how much we're lacking in midfield due to personal and formation.

Saves me from venting to the Mrs when I listen to the pod, so thanks for that lads!
Why should we wait until the end of the season then do you think

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
I laughed out loud at the Fantasy discussion at the end; Jamie's 'rotten' team being kept afloat by DCL and Nik's 'worst for 25 years!' :lol:

Whatever happens this year with United please be sure to keep us abreast of your FF woes lads.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I laughed out loud at the Fantasy discussion at the end; Jamie's 'rotten' team being kept afloat by DCL and Nik's 'worst for 25 years!' :lol:

Whatever happens this year with United please be sure to keep us abreast of your FF woes lads.
See I keep forgetting about it every week :lol: I'll pay more attention if we make it a thing on the pod to keep updating you all on our weekly totals! Good idea!

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
See I keep forgetting about it every week :lol: I'll pay more attention if we make it a thing on the pod to keep updating you all on our weekly totals! Good idea!
Only if the totals are embarrassingly low or you've left a guy with a hat-trick on the bench. Nobody likes a show-off pal :p

UmbroDays

Why should we wait until the end of the season then do you think
I think it’s giving him a fair shot to finish his job. I think it’ll be less disruptive and will also allow other pieces of the puzzle to fall into place e.g selling Jones, Lingard, Pogba, etc (if it happens with out the managers will).

If we aren’t above 10th by new year then I’d push it through earlier.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rood

Hammerfell

I actually enjoyed the podcast despite the result. It was about the only safe place to go after the result after avoiding any other type of news/social media outlet.

Agreed with Rood I think it was about this one, being more disappointed than any other result this season. The others I put to just not being match fit. That performance was unforgivable. Also glad yous mentioned Martial. I havnt always been his absolute biggest fan but when he's out of the team you can see how much he knits our attack together. Like a dribbling goalscoring Firmino
So nothing like Firmino?

Alock1

Just so you know mate, I'm still top of the league

Bookies are going to start paying out soon

Alock1

We should be recording tonight so let us know if you have any questions