New Podcast - United Hour - RB Leipzig Review - Red Bull doesn't give you wins

Alock1

Wears XXXL shirts and can't type ellipses
Red Bull gives Ole's United wings as a masterclass from the boss results in a 5-0 win against David's hero Nagelsmann. Nik @Rood , Alex (me) and David @Banished_Dave discuss Ole being back at the wheel, the fantastic performance from one Marcus Rashford and wonder if Julian's dresswear played a part in the final scoreline.

We answer all the important questions -
  • Who's at the wheel?
  • Rashford's feeding frenzy
  • Biggest wardrobe malfunction
  • Diamonds are forever?
Listen on Apple Podcasts, iTunes, Spotify or wherever else you get your pods by searching 'United Hour'

Share with your friends, tell your mothers, and please give us a 5* review on iTunes / Apple Podcast

We do this for the engagement so please keep comments and feedback coming - all are appreciated (especially ones that call Nik out).

Nik70

Listened to last weekends podcast. First time listening and I thought it was great. I'll be a regular listener from now on! :)

neilv93

Love these podcasts btw guys, great to hear focused Utd discussion from a fan perspective. Keep up the good work!

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Really liked the player-by-player run through you did against PSG, hope you can do more of that in future podcasts! Great job by the way and fair play to David.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Great pod guys, thoroughly enjoyed that. Fair play to my fellow Scottish patron David for showing up after the last pod! And yes I did say I wasn't sure if we would get out of the group but I think that prediction may need to be revised :lol:

My take on the game - Ole's tactics were excellent, started well and worked hard to bypass the press from Leipzig. Once we had the lead we worked hard to restrict them and stop them making any serious threats on our goal. Then when needed, the substitutions were excellent and really helped us go for the jugular. So very good from Ole last night.
Marcus - Wonderful, man and player. I love him and a fantastic hat-trick. The chance he had where he beat about 3 players and nearly scored would have been a tremendous goal.
Team - gave everyone at least 8/10 aside from a couple, and even they got 7/10.
Leipzig - I was impressed by their centre halves but the collapsed late on which wasn't good, and I thought we worked extremely well to restrict them to very little.
Arsenal - Lads, it's Arsenal.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Listened to last weekends podcast. First time listening and I thought it was great. I'll be a regular listener from now on! :)
Love these podcasts btw guys, great to hear focused Utd discussion from a fan perspective. Keep up the good work!
Really liked the player-by-player run through you did against PSG, hope you can do more of that in future podcasts! Great job by the way and fair play to David.
Thanks for the feedback troops and glad you are enjoying the pod!

nikineil

I finally got a chance to listen to it... Very uncool Nik. Out with an apology I say! Well on ya David to put your hands up and admit Nagelsmann was out Ole'd. Fantastic pod as always lads. Was not expecting one today honestly, but excellent stuff. Maybe this is a little too demanding, but could you guys do a player by player rating, because you lot point out some good/bad moments in the game, that I might miss and would always look for again after listening to the pod!

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
:lol:

Great listen as always, appreciate not just the frequency of the uploads but also how quick you’re able to get them out.
cheers bud! Show us you really appreciate us by giving us a review on apple pods or whatever they call it now:p

Alock1

I finally got a chance to listen to it... Very uncool Nik. Out with an apology I say! Well on ya David to put your hands up and admit Nagelsmann was out Ole'd. Fantastic pod as always lads. Was not expecting one today honestly, but excellent stuff. Maybe this is a little too demanding, but could you guys do a player by player rating, because you lot point out some good/bad moments in the game, that I might miss and would always look for again after listening to the pod!
Cheers both

We're trying to figure out how to do this as quite a few people have asked for it, but I know a couple weren't fans too. Trying to consider how we balance.

What are the bits about it you particularly like Vs an episode like this where we just talk through and bounce between topics?

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
You guys have quickly gone to the top of my list of podcasts to listen to after a United game. The speed of them being released really is key as it means its relevant and not old news from a few days ago. Giving each match its own pod is a big thumbs up compared to previous times when its been 3 or 4 reviewed in one go, it gives the impression this podcast isn't just some labour of love that you can't really be bothered with but actually comes across really proffessional.

Secondly, i thought the apology was over the top if anything. I was laughing inside when Nick wasn't letting up on David in the first place. Although i can be abit knee jerk on Ole at times, in particular the way he under prepared the team this preseason, this run of form has proven to me that it was because of the lack of time he had with them before the season started.

Ole also was majorly vocal about competition for places, and now we are seeing why. Pogba being dropped for two or three games has re-established his fire in his belly and he looked massively improved against Leipzig because he knew he just had to perform to have any chance of staying in the side. The whole squad knows this too.

Great pod and i look forward to the next.

By the way i listen on Spotify so I don't think there is a review option?

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
You guys have quickly gone to the top of my list of podcasts to listen to after a United game. The speed of them being released really is key as it means its relevant and not old news from a few days ago. Giving each match its own pod is a big thumbs up compared to previous times when its been 3 or 4 reviewed in one go, it gives the impression this podcast isn't just some labour of love that you can't really be bothered with but actually comes across really proffessional.

Secondly, i thought the apology was over the top if anything. I was laughing inside when Nick wasn't letting up on David in the first place. Although i can be abit knee jerk on Ole at times, in particular the way he under prepared the team this preseason, this run of form has proven to me that it was because of the lack of time he had with them before the season started.

Ole also was majorly vocal about competition for places, and now we are seeing why. Pogba being dropped for two or three games has re-established his fire in his belly and he looked massively improved against Leipzig because he knew he just had to perform to have any chance of staying in the side. The whole squad knows this too.

Great comment. If you make an account on the apple podcast thing and make a comment with the bits in bold from the first paragraph paraphrased, I'm sure the lads would love it:

You guys have quickly gone to the top of my list of podcasts to listen to after a United game. The speed of them being released really is key as it means its relevant and not old news from a few days ago. Giving each match its own pod is a big thumbs up compared to previous times when its been 3 or 4 reviewed in one go, it gives the impression this podcast isn't just some labour of love that you can't really be bothered with but actually comes across really professional.
They're improving on the social side of things as well, though I shake my fist at the autoposting of the transistor link before they do a proper post on twitter 15 hours later with the important info.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Cheers both

We're trying to figure out how to do this as quite a few people have asked for it, but I know a couple weren't fans too. Trying to consider how we balance.

What are the bits about it you particularly like Vs an episode like this where we just talk through and bounce between topics?
To be fair to you all, you cover so much good content in an hour so it's very hard to be critical about anything but what I really liked about the player run-through is that sometimes I'm wondering about opinions on players who aren't in the headlines so much after the game, naturally we'll hear a lot about Rashford and Fred but not so much on Lindelof or Shaw. I feel it makes more sense to do this even if it's a small segment if you plan on dishing out more post-game episodes, makes things a lot more fresh compared to all these opinion pieces from The Athletic on Fred and Rashford. Then again there were instances where you touched on the performances of Van de Beek when you were bouncing between topics which I liked.

Last edited:

nikineil

Cheers both

Definitely like the talk of formations and important sequences in the game that some might oversee. The technical aspects of it are fun! Also love the part where people are put on the spot with regards to predictions and then held to it.. Face that all the time with my mates. Predicted us to win vs Spurs... :nervous:

Edit: Would player ratings (scores out of 10) be a happy medium?

The Red Thinker

Seemed like a typical Nik apology... total fence-sitter!...

Actually sorry Nik, I don't know you all too well and it was my first listen to the podcast. Enjoyable listen. Everyone was pleasantly well informed and it was a good discussion. I think you guys have a real opportunity to start segments with content sourced from the Caf. Like a "Most Insane Caf Rants" or something. Might give an almost meta experience to listeners.

That being said... I fully agree with the way people use polls as, I think it was David, who said that people just don't know where this is going. I agree, it's hard to believe in it all when for the first time in years, after getting third, I thought we might kick on... until we got tonked 1-6 by Tottenham.

Retrospectively, Ole always said that we weren't fit enough and that seems to be true now that we have everyone fit and firing. We just smashed Leipzig, one of the best pressing teams in Europe, 5-0!

We're all sick of false-dawns and are praying that the first three games were only a blip. Keep at it lads! Good Pod!

buckooo1978

Good listen lads and Dave was always onto a loser after bigging up Leipzig only for Ole's boys to bang 5 in. Each of those 5 goals was ammunition for Nik and I can imagine him logging into the Pod chat with the swagger of Cantona. I'll take the score settling and patronising tones as long as we are winning so long may it continue. :lol:

When Dave thanked him for recognising that he had whaled on him last episode without apologising it was a clear sign of Stockholm syndrome. There's clearly a Mourinho/Shaw dynamic developing here....stay strong Dave!

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout

No Spotify dont have any review option - you can 'Follow' on there to be notified of new episodes though.

Reviews are mostly on Apple, although some Android podcast apps let you leave reviews as well.

Cheers for the feedback though, always appreciated

Great comment. If you make an account on the apple podcast thing and make a comment with the bits in bold from the first paragraph paraphrased, I'm sure the lads would love it:

They're improving on the social side of things as well, though I shake my fist at the autoposting of the transistor link before they do a proper post on twitter 15 hours later with the important info.
Well we have been tending to get it out late at night recently so the autopost seems sufficient for the night owls or people in other timezones, but been purposely waiting until afternoon/evening the next day for the main tweet as there is more traffic, I dont know if that is the best way to do it though?

Seemed like a typical Nik apology... total fence-sitter!...

Actually sorry Nik, I don't know you all too well and it was my first listen to the podcast. Enjoyable listen. Everyone was pleasantly well informed and it was a good discussion. I think you guys have a real opportunity to start segments with content sourced from the Caf. Like a "Most Insane Caf Rants" or something. Might give an almost meta experience to listeners.

That being said... I fully agree with the way people use polls as, I think it was David, who said that people just don't know where this is going. I agree, it's hard to believe in it all when for the first time in years, after getting third, I thought we might kick on... until we got tonked 1-6 by Tottenham.

Retrospectively, Ole always said that we weren't fit enough and that seems to be true now that we have everyone fit and firing. We just smashed Leipzig, one of the best pressing teams in Europe, 5-0!

We're all sick of false-dawns and are praying that the first three games were only a blip. Keep at it lads! Good Pod!
Glad to have you on board mate - I think you will find after a few more listens that Im anything but a fence-sitter !

Good listen lads and Dave was always onto a loser after bigging up Leipzig only for Ole's boys to bang 5 in. Each of those 5 goals was ammunition for Nik and I can imagine him logging into the Pod chat with the swagger of Cantona. I'll take the score settling and patronising tones as long as we are winning so long may it continue. :lol:

When Dave thanked him for recognising that he had whaled on him last episode without apologising it was a clear sign of Stockholm syndrome. There's clearly a Mourinho/Shaw dynamic developing here....stay strong Dave!
Stockholm syndrome :lol:
I went easy on Dave because I thought he did well even to come straight back on after his predicition was smashed out of the stadium, I think a few people would have swerved the pod in similar circumstances

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Well we have been tending to get it out late at night recently so the autopost seems sufficient for the night owls or people in other timezones, but been purposely waiting until afternoon/evening the next day for the main tweet as there is more traffic, I dont know if that is the best way to do it though?
Yeah, you make a good point.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Picked a good time to resurface :angel:

I'm finally back in Germany after a crappy year dealing with all sorts of stuff.

Nice to hear some familiar (and new) voices. Nice one guys, glad to see you're still going strong. ;)
Long time no see mate!

This match in particular is a good time to be in Germany, although as I understand it most German footy fans hate RB so probably happy to see them lose

Been a crap year all round - let's hope 2021 brings something better

UmbroDays

I guess us "snowflakes" can't comment on it anymore :lol:

Another good episode, think everyone made sound points. I still will hold my breath for the tactical master label to be applied to Ole, but he's doing all the right things - and as a United fan I'd rather be proven wrong that right.

Audio was really good too, that's something that's improved over the past few weeks. And I'm sure we'll look forward to you guys pushing out more (I think 1 after the game then previewing the next game is a great model)

Alock1

I guess us "snowflakes" can't comment on it anymore :lol:

Another good episode, think everyone made sound points. I still will hold my breath for the tactical master label to be applied to Ole, but he's doing all the right things - and as a United fan I'd rather be proven wrong that right.

Audio was really good too, that's something that's improved over the past few weeks. And I'm sure we'll look forward to you guys pushing out more (I think 1 after the game then previewing the next game is a great model)
I know! Nik undermining the recent effort by calling our listeners snowflakes FFS

Thanks for the feedback

Alock1

Any questions for when we record the post Arsenal match pod (hopefully today)

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Penalto fecked us with an own goal

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
for the millioneth time, I ask what is the fecking point of Pogba. does nothing and is a liability: as soon as he went to make the challenge, I said penalty

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
our passing is piss poor. lost count of how often we've given the ball away softly. no creavity, no width. nothing. same old, same old

buckooo1978

Good luck finding a positive from this

7 points in 6 games with a goal difference of -4 is inexcusable

Collectively terrible today. Arsenal better prepared in a more coherent system and deserved the win.

We were all over the place and Ole needs to take responsibility for this. Until 75 mins the only sub was Matic and that Pogba was still on the pitch was baffling. Terrible in game management today with no plan. It felt like we were relying on set pieces which were poorly delivered mainly by Shaw.

too conservative with the like for like changes. Greenwood in particular looked dangerous

pathetic performance and all our momentum gone. There's been a lot of fanfare about Solskjaer the last few games. How do we justify 7 points from 6 games in 15th place?

Last edited:

Alock1

Good question @buckooo1978

The boys are recording tonight so get your questions in!