Newcastle could be sold to an Arab sheikh

_00_deathscar

Supports
Liverpool
Man City chairman Khaldoon al Mubarak actually had made a great point in his recent interview. The big European clubs are fuming with all the investment into the PL and are using FFP as a battering ram with City. More billionaire investment in other English clubs will make the English league far greater, powerful and marketable than other leagues turning it into, ironically, a 'super league' which they all want to get their teams in to because it is inevitable at this point.
Commercially, Liverpool, Manchester United, Arsenal and to a push Chelsea still hold the power in the league. No one is tuning in to watch Man City, not even their own 'fans'.

andyox

Supports
Manchester City
To be fair to him, he can't comment specifically on the UEFA FFP investigation because it's ongoing and supposed to be confidential, so anything he can say will be around the edges somewhat. We're going after UEFA for breaking that confidentiality via media leaks, so it wouldn't be a great strategy if we did the same.

He went in pretty hard on Tebas and Liverpool/United regardless though.

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
I am absolutely thrilled for Newcastle, looking forward to them joining the mix in the coming seasons. Great fans and a great club.

DownRiver

So a £2billion bid turned down by Liverpool. He will buy Newcastle for £500m, and has £1.5b to spare.

Mbappe in in black and white stripes will be a sight for sore eyes.:houllier:

Also, Mourinho at Newcastle anyone??

We need Saudi Arabia to come in to say a big f you to Man city/Newscastle Emirates owners and potentially Leeds' Qatari owners.

We might actually be STILL competing for top 6 in couple years time

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
So a £2billion bid turned down by Liverpool. He will buy Newcastle for £500m, and has £1.5b to spare.

We need Saudi Arabia to come in to say a big f you to Man city/Newscastle Emirates owners and potentially Leeds' Qatari owners.

Really if they are looking to get involved in the Premier League they shouldn't look twice at us. Buy a club like West Ham for £600 Million (Or similar standard club like Southampton/Everton) and pump money into them instead of spending the ridiculous sum the Glazers would want for us.

Guy Incognito

It's quite depressing how football has become a way for states to build soft power.

But so much for Citeh dominating for years to come. They'll become old money which is a slightly depressing thought.

C'est Moi Cantona

If no ones going to stop this oil money pouring into clubs then I have no issue seeing Newcastle join the fray, the fans will absolutely lap up a bit if success for a change.

Who knows it could be the catalyst for the Glazers to finally walk away, there's no way the sponsors will just keep paying stupid money to see us finish 6 th or 7th, and there's no way the Glazers will want to see their 'investment' start to devalue. Might just do us a favour.

UpWithRivers

Worst day in my life. End of football as we know it. Great fans! Ha! The ones that destroyed the town center after fa cup defeats? The ones that will love it if the beat us? next will be leeds. Then who? Millwall? Us 10/12? And no Im not overreacting. How are we going to compete now? Answer- we’re not.

Treble

Great. Another club that's going to finish ahead of us within the next few years. Just what we need.
Alternatively, the Glazers might realise that they better sell (to a richer guy) before the market value of the club takes a hit. The latter is likely to happen if the club finishes outside the top 4 several seasons in a row.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
Worst day in my life. End of football as we know it. Great fans! Ha! The ones that destroyed the town center after fa cup defeats? The ones that will love it if the beat us? next will be leeds. Then who? Millwall? Us 10/12? And no Im not overreacting. How are we going to compete now? Answer- we’re not.
Jesus Christ :lol:

Please tell me this is satire.

cyberman

How rich is he? Being an Arab doesn't mean he's going to go all Man City with them

UpWithRivers

Jesus Christ :lol:

Please tell me this is satire.
Its not. Go live there for a bit and try not to get stabbed for being a Utd supporter.
I literally had a guy in a pub ask me who i supported. I said utd. He smashed his glass and tried pushing it in my face. I know lots of other clubs will have similar stories but this is mine and not the only one I have. And i have good friends and family in Newcastle. They arnt all bad but there is a lot of core supporters that hate us with radical hatrid

deafepl

Thank god, FFP is in place before Newcastle can be allowed to spend billions money with little revenue, I can't see Newcastle spending a lot of money even with a sugar daddy.

AJ10

Thank god, FFP is in place before Newcastle can be allowed to spend billions money with little revenue, I can't see Newcastle spending a lot of money even with a sugar daddy.
Does that even do anything?

redshaw

Focusing on the picture.

Newcastle have a great one half stadium. With untold billions they can easily replicate the other side, give out cheap tickets like Man City and have a much better stadium than OT. Newcastle did a great job with their quadrant and elevated roof on an old style stadium long before we started making a mess of our stadium.

United have stalled and many clubs are catching up. At one time we could've spent the money to improve OT to rival the nou camp or bernabeu. So much potential squandered.

Whiskey Red

Supports
Liverpool
:lol:Accrington Stanley is next

The Nani

Surely it's against some kind of rule for cousins to own different football clubs? What if they basically become a feeder team or sell/loan players between them on the cheap for FFP etc - surely there's some kind of conflict of interest there?
Of course it is. But then City and Chelsea have been doing that for years now with clubs like Girona and Vitesse. The fact that one owner can own multiple clubs is farcical. UEFA are a joke.

cyberman

It's quite depressing how football has become a way for states to build soft power.

But so much for Citeh dominating for years to come. They'll become old money which is a slightly depressing thought.
The EPL is well on its way to becoming the NBA of football. It'll become harder to win the league and it'll become harder to win the FA cup than CL IMO. All within the next decade / 15 years

Smores

Depressing news, maybe we could offload some big name players on them though

Guy Incognito

The EPL is well on its way to becoming the NBA of football. It'll become harder to win the league and it'll become harder to win the FA cup than CL IMO. All within the next decade / 15 years
That's why Juve/Milan etc want a breakaway to happen. Share some of that money.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
How do you think this will effect Barca, Real, Bayern etc along with other traditionally big European clubs a tier or so below?

Sparky Rhiwabon

You’ve heard of Manchester City, right?

Camilo

There goes our top 6 place. Who'd have thought we'd become a diddy team eh? Still, I've heard the mid table fight is thrilling.

United_We_Stand

People should stop comparing this to Qatar's and Abdu Dhabi's takeover of PSG and City.
AFAIK Khaled Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, who's about to buy Newcastle, isn't part of the inner circle of the ruling family in Abu Dhabi, he's just a cousin of Mohammad Bin Zayed Al Nahyan (crown price of Abu Dhabi) and his brother Mansour.
In plain terms, City and PSG were bought by the governments of Abu Dhabi and Qatar, while Newcastle is close to being sold to a Dubai-based businessman who happens to be a cousin of City owners. This shouldn't make Newcastle as rich as City or PSG, but it's still great news for Newcastle and their fans.

cyberman

How do you think this will effect Barca, Real, Bayern etc along with other traditionally big European clubs a tier or so below?
You're seeing it with the break away plans. Barca are spending money like nobodys business trying to get back to their Pep days and they're stagnating if anything. Madrid cant afford the real galaticos anymore and are either missing out to PSG or are waiting till the end of contracts to sign who they can rather than who they want.
It'll get worse as time goes on. More games will become must see events on England and the TV deals will continue to grow that even prices the players from non oil clubs out of their reach.
Its starting and if UEFA doesnt sort it soon then the other top sides in Europe are in trouble. Saying that they don't have a divine right to always sit at the top table so let them have their little breakaway league.