Newcastle u 18 v Utd u18

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
No thread on this but we’re winning 1-0 with a Hugill goal after 5 mins

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
Todays team v Newcastle:

Vitek, Jurado, Murray, Fredricson, Kambwala; Mainoo, Garnacho, Gore, Hugill, Hansen-Aaroen, Mather

Subs: Aljofree, Hanbury, Norkett, Ogunneye, Oyedele

Goals: Hugill (5,45, 67), Mather (46), Murray (89)

Substitutions: Oyedele for Jurado (20), Norkett and Ogunneye for Hansen and Garnacho (59)

Good performance from all reports.

Demaw

5-1 with Hugill scoring again at will. Love to see highlights but reckon it won't happen.

lenny_1248

Where did he come from? He didn't play anything last season (well like 10 minutes) and just popped up and is the best player in the squad!
Mr Mujac, JB and others know better, but I think he has been at the club since he was very young. I remember seeing him play at Cup NI couple of years ago.

Red_toad

Feels like a waste of £36 for the season. I only have MUTV for the academy and most games you only get 15 minute highlights. Poor from them

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
Mr Mujac, JB and others know better, but I think he has been at the club since he was very young. I remember seeing him play at Cup NI couple of years ago.
Yeah...he's been around quite a while.

In 2019/20 he played in all the games in the NI Milk Cup and a few games as a sub in U/17's friendly matches but was a regular in the U/16's.

In 2020/21 he was injured (or unavailable) from October through to February so lost five months of the season which might account for him being off the radar. Obviously COVID has meant watching the U/16's play has been impossible but the records I do have seem to indicate that he was quite prolific for the 16's and he scored 2 in 4 for the U/17's in friendlies. He also played once for the U/18's and also as a late sub in one of the FA Youth Cup matches.

Clearly the coaches rate him.

Mickson

I didn't mean it like that. I know he's been around for quite some time but just a little bit surprising to go from no playing time at all to completely dominating. Mainoo, Murray etc had to settle for a while before taking steps, for example. But thanks. And MUJAC's post made sense.

khoazany

Mather has been injured a lot last season (same with Fredricson and couple others that's why you see Kingdon etc played up with the 18s). I think Mainoo was out for a long period during 19-20 or sth.

Mather and Mainoo had been with the club since forever. Gore, Murray and Norkett were those that we got from other clubs.

Last edited:

khoazany

It's only highlight but this is prob Murray's best game so far offensive wise. Most of the goals went through him.

Demaw

It's only highlight but this is prob Murray's best game so far offensive wise. Most of the goals went through him.
Agree Khoazany, I have been a bit disappointed in Murray's form at left back but he really did well in the win, making some amazing crosses for goals. Hopefully he continues that. We are missing Ennis as well the past few weeks?

Kramer

Saw the highlights on the app.

Does anyone know who the big CB was wearing No. 5 for United in this game was?

Is that Willy Kambwala? Looked like an imposing figure.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Saw the highlights on the app.

Does anyone know who the big CB was wearing No. 5 for United in this game was?

Is that Willy Kambwala? Looked like an imposing figure.
Yes the #5 was Kambwala.

Kramer

Yes the #5 was Kambwala.
Thanks - looking forward to his development.

Understand he spent quite a while injured last season. Was quite excited when we signed him.

Physically looks like he could handle being in the U-23s already. Hope he can stay fit and keep progressing through the ranks

jb8521

Agree Khoazany, I have been a bit disappointed in Murray's form at left back but he really did well in the win, making some amazing crosses for goals. Hopefully he continues that. We are missing Ennis as well the past few weeks?
Ennis was due to start back training today so should be available for the next game