Newcastle United now owned by the PIF | PL receives "legally binding assurances that the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia will not control NUFC" ;)

FatTails

Will Gary Neville have an ESL style meltdown? And how long till we start hearing how wonderful PIF have been for Newcastle and the surrounding area because they’ve built a few training pitches?

Ludens the Red

feck that was quick. The premier are absolute jokers :lol:
Procrastinated for months on end making decisions regarding Newcastle when the Pl rights issue was still there. It goes away and five mins later it’s all good they can take over. Complete and utter self serving pricks.

acnumber9

And the European Super League was all about greed and awful for the game. It’s one bunch of greedy cnuts against another bunch of greedy cnuts.

Wayne's World

And the European Super League was all about greed and awful for the game. It’s one bunch of greedy cnuts against another bunch of greedy cnuts.
It's eventually going to happen anyways with the SuperLeague but every league in Europe will leave with the big boys and start up a new organisation with new regulations and rules.

ShinjiNinja26

There’s Barca’s get out of jail free card. Coutinho for £60m? Oh and while your at it heres some more deadwood you can take off our hands to reduce the debt.

Hester_manc

I have checked out Newcastle fan forum to see their reactions. Almost everyone seems happy about the take over.

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
Won't matter to Arsenal, we'll just finish 9th instead of 8th.

Deery

Dreary
This is really really bad, these guys literally have money to burn all the established clubs who have taken decades to get where they are will be trampled over the top off.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I have checked out Newcastle fan forum to see their reactions. Almost everyone seems happy about the take over.
Of course they are. They will have the excuse now that the PL let the takeover happen so whenever people say it's rank because of the background of the new owners etc, the PL have given them a ready made excuse.

cyberman

It's eventually going to happen anyways with the SuperLeague but every league in Europe will leave with the big boys and start up a new organisation with new regulations and rules.
Can’t see it without English clubs. Say Newcastle are a success, that’s 5 to 6 elite sides in England.
The CL loses a bit of its lustre if the talent is concentrated on English football so the top 4 loses importance, especially if the likes of Juve, Barca etc star at a lower level. The FA cup alone becomes CL lite with a better, sporting structure.
Sadly I can’t see this stopping here, there will be 1 or 2 more mega owners over the next 20 years and the EPL becomes the super league on its own

Handré1990

I think it’s good business compared to the City situation. Newcastle actually do have fans, so don’t have to buy new ones. With that being said, my interest in fotball has been dying a slow death over the last ten years, and this certainly doesn’t help the situation.

Deery

Dreary
Well they’re going to be bigger than Man City so I can see why they’re excited.. Human rights crimes or not.

FatTails

Sure, but the ESL, for its participants, has better controls proposed to keep a playing field, which neither UEFA nor the premier league have yet implemented properly.

If FFP actually worked, the super league idea would never have been proposed.

el_loco_bielsa

Supports
liverpool
I assume they’ll follow a similar trajectory to Man City. A few years of bumming about throwing large fees at big club rejects and being better known for noise in the transfer market than on the pitch. Then they‘ll hire a half decent manager, become more established and start to win trophies.

Ultimately it becomes a big three trinity of oil clubs in them, city and Chelsea who are immune to all the transgressions and vagaries of the market and capable of paying through the nose for any talented footballer out there.

Leaving Liverpool and United fighting for 4th and Arsenal, Tottenham etc languishing perpetually in mid table. It’s tragic.

Hughie77

How long before you get City, Chelsea fans coaning about how much money there spending.
What I don't like most ex players pundits etc, have already sacked Brucie. All over the radio on who's going to be the new manager?
Bruce been handcuffed for years there, now its time to sack him and get pep or Klopp in .

Judas

Open to offers
It would be nice to see it fail horribly and just not go as we all expect it to, but we all know with that sort of money, it would be impossible for them not to become the best team in the country eventually.

Mastadon

Supports
Arsenal
The UK government ain’t saying no to massive investment and a 50% cut of the crazy wages these guys are going to pay their players. They would be crazy to esp since City and Chelsea have already been allowed to do this.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
They would have been happy with a North Korea takeover at this point. I can't criticise Newcastle United fans, life has been absolute misery under Ashley. This is an issue with football as a whole.

FatTails

He’s going to be smug as feck.
He’s going to become so much bigger now as they attract new fans and he’s already the most established Newcastle voice on the internet.

Might even rise to the top of the pile, eclipsing King Robbie Lyle.