Newcastle United now owned by the PIF | PL receives "legally binding assurances that the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia will not control NUFC" ;)

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
You're only a decent manager away from winning the league, your squad is as good as both City and Liverpool's
Only. Try telling our owners that. End of subject. Back to
I think, baring a catastrophic collapse, they’ll give him a window. Just for the PR with the media and footballing world.

Then they’ll sack him after the first bad run.
If they want to make the Newcastle fans even happier they need to get rid of Brucie.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
I think, baring a catastrophic collapse, they’ll give him a window. Just for the PR with the media and footballing world.

Can you remember how long Hughes got? I can't be arsed to look it up but it felt like a decent while.

Ranieri at Chelsea I thought at the time was harshly done.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
I've said this for a while now but the worst part of football is, by far, the fans.

Seeing, slack jawed, pasty kids, chanting for their football team, celebrating that's it's owned by a club that can buy players like it's FIFA is pretty galling.

I suppose the only positive is this should hopefully reduce the prevalence of Islamophobia in working class communities, because how can you hate the idea of Sharia Law when your club owners enforce it....

You think they’ll keep Steve Bruce? He’s a goner.
The Newcastle fans have treated Bruce like shit. He's a really genuine good bloke and I hate seeing how the classless cnuts who support Newcastle treat him. Their delusions of grandure distort their thinking so much, when in reality any Manager is doing well to keep that team in the PL.

For some unknown reason they pretend they're are big club on a par with Manchester United and Liverpool - it's hilarious listening to Newcastle fans try to convince themselves of this.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Pep will be licking his lips over this, reckon he'll leave City for a year or two and be managing Newcastle by 2025.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
I wouldn't bet against them hiring Woodward to run their sponsorship drive.

Irwin99

Spurs and Arsenal are probably thinking "yep, there is just no way back now. Midtable mediocrity forever". Leicester too.

Wheato

City did it in less than 5 years. They went from 4 decades of obscurity, then the take over in 2008 to winning the fa cup in 2011 and the PL in 2012.

Abu Dhabi will be kicking themselves, because they only picked City so that they could ride on the bow wave of United’s success while waving an Etihad airways flag.

Newcastle are a one club city, with a huge fan base and it is ready to explode. They will eclipse City in terms of revenue and global marketing.

Toad

Mbappe - “I’ve grown up watching Newcastle my whole life and it is a dream come true to sign for them. To play in the footsteps of legends such as Andreas Andersson and Joelinton”.

brian017

Newcastle fans won't give two hoots and why would they? But they could win 10 PL titles in a row and they still won't get the credit, admiration or feel the joy that the likes of Leicester fans experienced. They are now just an Oil Club like City and any success they have will be hallow, they're essentially a mid table club who got lucky.

People may say I'm salty and perhaps I am but I would still say the same if United started spending beyond their means. I think football as the sport I loved as a kid is long dead.

atkar83

So how is any team supposed to be competitive against an unlimited budget an oil nation provides? Can Canada purchase United so my tax dollars can go to player recruitment?

FatTails

Mbappe - “I’ve grown up watching Newcastle my whole life and it is a dream come true to sign for them. To play in the footsteps of legends such as Andreas Andersson and Joelinton”.
His idol is Zidane and black and white strips are black and white strips really. All the same.

No chance, he’s gone before the window to make them as attractive as possible already in January.
Mourinho wouldn’t surprise me to be honest, but I do think they’ll bring in as big a name as possible in order to attract 4-5 very good players in Jan.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Can you remember how long Hughes got? I can't be arsed to look it up but it felt like a decent while.

He was to be fair. Chelsea were openly looking for other managers. It was right decision to let him go, considering we had the chance to replace him with the hottest prospect in football, but I felt extremely bad for him.

Terminator

Genocides, beheadings, public executions and a general disregard for women/LGBT as humans... This is probably as bad as it gets.

matt10000

Newcastle fans won't give two hoots and why would they? But they could win 10 PL titles in a row and they still won't get the credit, admiration or feel the joy that the likes of Leicester fans experienced. They are now just an Oil Club like City and any success they have will be hallow, they're essentially a mid table club who got lucky.

People may say I'm salty and perhaps I am but I would still say the same if United started spending beyond their means. I think football as the sport I loved as a kid is long dead.
Exactly RIP NUFC

atkar83

I mean, City fans should realize when Liverpool were about to win the PL in 2013 we were rooting for City to win it? Because them winning basically means nothing, like you said, it's hollow. I mean Newcastle's FA cup win in the 50s will mean more than any Champions League trophy they win in the future.

I guess the positive there is another team now in the way of Liverpool tying our 20 titles

andyp

At least we have a chant ready for Newcastle when they next come to OT "MURDERERS, MURDERERS"

Not sure. But wasn’t straight away even though they wanted a better manager from the beginning. Think he lasted until the summer and maybe had a full season after that.

Not sure. But wasn’t straight away even though they wanted a better manager from the beginning. Think he lasted until the summer and maybe had a full season after that.
Hughes was still slightly attractive a manager though, former United, Barca, Bayern forward. Had a decent start to his managerial career, Bruce is as uninspiring for new signings as you can get.

Hughes had also only just gotten the job, like 4 months before the takeover and had started well enough.