Newcastle United now owned by the PIF | PL receives "legally binding assurances that the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia will not control NUFC" ;)

RooneyLegend

I have never cheered Chelsea, City and I will never cheer Newcastle, as far as I am concerned all points are null are void and the real peoples champions and champions that I recognise, over the last few seasons are:

2011 -12 Man Utd (City disqualified)
2012 13 Man Utd
2013-14 Liverpool ((City disqualified)
2014-15 Arsenal (Chelsea and City disqualified)
2015-16 Leicester City
2016-17 Tottenham (Chelsea disqualified)
2017-18 Man Utd ( (City disqualified)
2018-19 Liverpool (City disqualified)
2019-20 Liverpool
2020-21 Man Utd (City disqualified)
So when we finished 2nd last season did you hit the streets in celebration?

matt10000

So when we finished 2nd last season did you hit the streets in celebration?
I wouldn't say hit the streets but I had a drink and a smile yes. Would have preferred if we had been the recognised champions by the EPL but as far as I am concerned we are the peoples champions of England currently and would gladly wear a scarf saying 'MUFC Real Champions of England 2020-21'

The peoples table as it stands has City and Chelsea bottom on zero points, Norwich next on 1 point and Newcastle next on three points. However, Norwich should take over Newcastle on three points eventually, as Newcastle can not earn any more points from now on as they are null and void

Last edited:

RooneyLegend

I wouldn't say hit the streets but I had a drink and a smile yes. Would have preferred if we had been the recognised champions by the EPL but as far as I am concerned we are the peoples champions of England currently and would gladly wear a scarf saying 'MUFC Real Champions of England 2020-21'
Please spare us the embarassment.

Cloud7

Agreed. They're a club I think most people have some affection for which makes it an easier pill to swallow, however I'm sure that will wear off when they start winning everything. Also, it could very easily have been Leeds :eek:
I’m not sure. City have been arguably the English team of the last decade, and even then I don’t find their fans to be particularly annoying. I think that takes a longer time to develop. Liverpool and Arsenal fans on the other hand are by far the most annoying of all the rival teams.

Cloud7

I have never cheered Chelsea, City and I will never cheer Newcastle, as far as I am concerned all points are null are void and the real peoples champions and champions that I recognise, over the last few seasons are:

2011 -12 Man Utd (City disqualified)
2012 13 Man Utd
2013-14 Liverpool ((City disqualified)
2014-15 Arsenal (Chelsea and City disqualified)
2015-16 Leicester City
2016-17 Tottenham (Chelsea disqualified)
2017-18 Man Utd ( (City disqualified)
2018-19 Liverpool (City disqualified)
2019-20 Liverpool
2020-21 Man Utd (City disqualified)
The People’s Champions :lol:

This might actually be worse than anything I’ve ever seen on RAWK over the years.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I'm not overly worried about the takeover because in order for Newcastle to lure the sort of big money players that PSG or City can buy, or teams like our good selves, Real, Liverpool (spits) can lure through reputation (and money as well, just not as much), they'll need to offer mind numbing amounts of money per week. I'm talking a million pounds a week. Which you would hope wouldn't go unnoticed by any financial governance. Which it probably will because they'll either cook the books or lean on people. Oh, shit, maybe I am worried :nervous:

matt10000

The People’s Champions :lol:

This might actually be worse than anything I’ve ever seen on RAWK over the years.
Haha, I am making a point, which is basically that over the last decade these teams are winning every two out of three seasons and over the next decade it will probably be more like every four out of five seasons. The soul has been ripped out of it.

Classical Mechanic

The peoples table as it stands has City and Chelsea bottom on zero points, Norwich next on 1 point and Newcastle next on three points. However, Norwich should take over Newcastle on three points eventually, as Newcastle can not earn any more points from now on as they are null and void
:lol:

fecking hell. Bonkers.

Cloud7

Haha, I am making a point, which is basically that over the last decade these teams are winning every two out of three seasons and over the next decade it will probably be more like every four out of five seasons. The soul has been ripped out of it.
Ah sorry mate. I've seen some truly crazy things on here in the last couple months, so much so that your post was believable :lol:

OleTheGreat

I hope Newcastle United can steal the top players from other leagues and bring them to PL but they certainly will not do great in the first couple of seasons since the takeover.

stevoc

I hope Newcastle United can steal the top players from other leagues and bring them to PL but they certainly will not do great in the first couple of seasons since the takeover.
You would hope with all the blood money they now have they wouldn't have to resort to theft.

Irwin99

It will take them awhile to build up something resembling a good team with strong leaderership. It took City three or four years to mount a challenge if i remember right and there were lots of embarrassing signings along the way (Robinho and Adebayor).

the_box

Supports
Newcastle United
Would any of the people particularly troubled by this sale be willing to participate in mass boycotting of anything Newcastle United related? No away games, don't attend home games when we travel, don't even randomly flick to us on Sky to hurt ratings/numbers etc. Something, anything to send a message?

The backlash against the ESL was swift and damning but I haven't heard of any organizational efforts around this. I doubt there are enough Newcastle United fans put off enough to forego our club to make a difference but there may be something a broader league-wide movement could do.

Or maybe not. This comment is not being aimed directly at anyone here but lot of what I read now just feels like armchair moralizing, which, if that's how you get your jollies then fine. But day by day there feels like less to do about it than put up and get on with it.

Zen86

Would any of the people particularly troubled by this sale be willing to participate in mass boycotting of anything Newcastle United related? No away games, don't attend home games when we travel, don't even randomly flick to us on Sky to hurt ratings/numbers etc. Something, anything to send a message?

The backlash against the ESL was swift and damning but I haven't heard of any organizational efforts around this. I doubt there are enough Newcastle United fans put off enough to forego our club to make a difference but there may be something a broader league-wide movement could do.

Or maybe not. This comment is not being aimed directly at anyone here but lot of what I read now just feels like armchair moralizing, which, if that's how you get your jollies then fine. But day by day there feels like less to do about it than put up and get on with it.
SA won’t care.

They might notice if St James Park was empty every week, but it’s not like that’s deterred Sheikh Mansour at all.

RedTiger

Half mast

Nobody protests the continuous arms sales and logistical help to Saudi by our government, why would there be protests over a football club?

the_box

Supports
Newcastle United
Nobody protests the continuous arms sales and logistical help to Saudi by our government, why would there be protests over a football club?
In the main passive protests/boycotts have a much lower bar of effort than active ones. Not doing something is waaaaaaay easier than doing something. Do nothing on a weekend vs travel, get pissed up, watch match, travel back etc. Effectively opting to do something by doing nothing. Show them the sportswashing won't work and reclaim 2 weekends you'd otherwise be spending with us.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
I wouldn't be surprised if they end up being the next Anzhi Makhachkala. But then again they could be the next Monaco enjoying a mini purple patch.

therealtboy

Supports
Feyenoord
I wouldn't be surprised if they end up being the next Anzhi Makhachkala. But then again they could be the next Monaco enjoying a mini purple patch.
But then again, those clubs were owned by billionaires but neither of those clubs were owned by the richest owners in football like Newcastle are. They'll do a City if the rest stand by and watch.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Thankfully Newcastle did this over an international break so we all have something to entertain us.

Last edited:

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
It might have given the fans a lift, but you wonder what affect it is having on the players. They are now fighting for their future at Newcastle United, that most of the fans will want them gone for a shiny new players. It might them play better, it could put them under such pressure they actually make mistakes.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
The bad part of this is that we're not going to see Big Sam or Tony Pulis picking up the Newcastle relegation battle job. I'm feeling nostalgic already.

Dante

Average bang
One of the main reasons for a murderous regime to buy a sports club is because it gives them a ready-made army of fans who'll jump to defend them on the internet with moral relativisms and what aboutery any time something evil happens. It's already started in this thread

The Saudis are several degrees worse than Qatar and Abu Dhabi. Newcastle fans better get ready for a bumpy ride. They're about to become an unpaid PR wing working for the most oppressive country in the world.

It's like one of those movies where the protagonists makes a wish to devil for something amazing but then the 'joke' is that he gets burdened with something life ruining at the same time.

Giggsyking

stevoc

:lol: :lol: :lol:

It is believed that the Premier League insisted to clubs that they do still have the power to act if a lack separation between PIF and the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia becomes apparent.
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.

Crown Pince:

Deputy Prime Minister:

Minister of Defence:

The Public Investment Fund, the sovereign wealth fund of Saudi Arabia.

Chairman:

Last edited:

the_box

Supports
Newcastle United
One of the main reasons for a murderous regime to buy a sports club is because it gives them a ready-made army of fans who'll jump to defend them on the internet with moral relativisms and what aboutery any time something evil happens. It's already started in this thread
This is an extremely online take. In terms of buying a club for the purposes of sportswashings, having someone in your corner for twitter/forum slapfights isn't a main reason. I don't know that it's a reason at all, actually.

The whole point is generating broader societal acceptance and positive opinions through success and investment in the region; caring about online wars doesn't even register.