Kick-off
Sat, 17 October 2020 @ 8:00pm BST
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Coops73

I’ve not got a good feeling about this, if we lose I really don’t think Ole will last much longer but what I don’t want to see, if we go a goal down, is Ole looking puzzlingly into that fecking iPad of his, drives me nuts, get pitch side and let the players know what you want, tell them you’re not happy, make changes, just do something.

Withnail

I’ve not got a good feeling about this, if we lose I really don’t think Ole will last much longer but what I don’t want to see, if we go a goal down, is Ole looking puzzlingly into that fecking iPad of his, drives me nuts, get pitch side and let the players know what you want, tell them you’re not happy, make changes, just do something.
    One of the greatest fallacies is that doing something, anything, is worse than doing nothing. You're just being seen to do something.

To me all that shouting and roaring is generally for show or for the individual manager's benefit. Klopp has even said he's not sure it helps but he can't help doing it so it's not like it's a tactic he uses with any forethought.

Making a tactical sub and/or getting a tactical message to the team is much more effective if change is required.

If the whole team are playing as badly and so off the pace as they were in the first few games jumping up and down isn't going to do much.

However, I think we'll be a lot better tonight. We have to be.

bludsucker

Needing to score a late goal against a minnow is failure.
    Under Fergie, we'd dominate teams and they'd be the ones who got a lucky goal against us. We'd then pin them into their own half and lay siege to their goal, pounding them with goal attempts from all angles. And those were terrific times.
    There was no doubt who the big team in those games was.
    That was Fergie time.

These days, we are the underdog, hoping to get a lucky goal.
    What happened against Brighton was terrible. They dominated us hitting the woodwork multiple times and like the underdog, we performed a smash and grab, scoring a penalty after the final whistle had blown. The other 2 games we played this season, we got beat, most notably at Spurs where we were well and truly pumped.
    So are you saying we were never dominated by a team and we won under fergie? I remember one match in which we were peppered with shots and also the ball hit the crossbar and we won by scoring two injury time goals against bayern. Even that was fergie time.

Alemar

I didn’t find Axel Tuanzebe and Pellistri among lineup options, shouldn’t the guys be there?

wolvored

I think this will be a scoring draw. We will probably play better but think 2-2 will still be the outcome. Rash upfront VDB from the left. Lindelof for bailey and Telles for Shaw.
    Only change I can see may be he goes 3 at the back and plays Shaw with Maguire and Lindelof. Telles LWB and Pogba on the left. Unless they already know Pogba won't sign a new contract, then VDB might get picked

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
    Can't believe they're charging £15 to watch this. The illegal streams will be hopping.
    Pretty sure this would be on TV over Wolves vs Leeds if the PPV model was not being adopted. Several years at least since Newcastle vs United was not on TV.

Offsideagain

Watching the Scouse derby. Keane just equalised for Everton. Liverpool playing at pace and accuracy that would murder us. How Pickford stayed on after a tackle on Van Dyke I don’t know.
    8pm away on a Saturday after internationals not ideal but they are supposed to be professional. Pogba can’t be tired as he’s done bugger all for a year. If we lose, the media will go ballistic and Woodward will panic and sack Ole.

Robindinho

Looks like the team has been leaked:

Really hoping that isn’t the team (can it leak so early?), he can’t be that tactically inept - the midfield needs changing at the minimum and the 4-2-3-1 thrown in the bin.

Lose 6-1 and the only change you make is Lindelof for Bailly, with Mata/another for Martial being enforced. :confused:

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
    Hmm. Will be hard to defend Ole if all of Maguire, Pogba and Shaw start and VDB is on the bench then we have another stinker.

NJM78

If Ole picks the same team as against Spurs I'm going to be well pissed. Also surely VDB comes in for Martial and not bloody Mata the pace merchant! Greenwood up top and Bruno can play slightly right of CAM.

I'm expecting a loss regardless and Ole will be on borrowed time.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
    I don’t think that will be the side. Not sure a single leak has been right for ages.

Could be a blessing in disguise that Martial can’t play today.

it’s going to mean we have to do something different from the start.

What we’ve done thus far has big worked. This is not Martial bashing, but perhaps good to do things differently.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
    Who is that and why does a random Norwegian know our line-up 8 hours before the match?
    He's a Norwegian journalist who has consistently had good information on United in recent times. He's reported on other leaked team news correctly. We'll find out at 19:00 if he is wrong or the expected team changed.

K_Ash

I keep forgetting that the UCL will start in 72 hours now. Harry is out of form and should be dropped. Can OGS take the risk of dropping him today to then bring him back against...in his Championship league debut..to face Mbappe&Neymar(nice) on his return?

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
    Is this on sky or bt sports anyone?
    Sly B0x 0ffice. They're charging extra for the 3pm kick off games they wouldn't normally show. Which is why they also moved it to 8pm. Cnuts. Glad I have their sh1tty encyypted sat stream hacked

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
    One of the greatest fallacies is that doing something, anything, is worse than doing nothing. You're just being seen to do something.
    It's called the politician's syllogism.
    Something must be done!
    This is something.
    Therefore we must do this.

Dinghy

Looks like the team has been leaked:

If that is the team I'm joining the Ole out-gang. Adding Mata as a RW to a midfield that can barely move... Can see us losing this by 3-4 goals.

Andre Kagawa

If that is the team I'm joining the Ole out-gang. Adding Mata as a RW to a midfield that can barely move... Can see us losing this by 3-4 goals.
    Would you rather see Dan James? I like that team.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
    Erm you’d rather see Dan James? Or were you hoping for Becks or Kanchelskis? Weird this in the moment meltdowns as though it’s suddenly just hit you the options we have at the moment.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

6.7 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 390 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Newcastle win
  • Draw