Newcastle United

padzilla

Hipster
The mental gymnastics Newcastle fans are performing to a) not mention the atrocities their owners are committing against their fellow humans and b) pretend the huge investment is not the driving force behind their good form is proof that many fans put football first ahead of basic human decency.
It is simply depressing.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
The mental gymnastics Newcastle fans are performing to a) not mention the atrocities their owners are committing against their fellow humans and b) pretend the huge investment is not the driving force behind their good form is proof that many fans put football first ahead of basic human decency.
It is simply depressing.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Why would it attract criticism?
Making a team play in white and green is - like - the most harmless thing the Saudi Arabian regime have ever done.
It's buried in the middle of the text.

"New away kit bears striking resemblance to Saudi national-team jersey "

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Jesus, the club has truly sold its soul, and the fans just let it happen again.

SportingCP96

Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
This is why I'm so against take overs. Its not your club anymore.

The owners can decide to name the club Saudi United FC and their is nothing the fans can do about it.

If anyone even attempted that in Portugal or other countries who don't allow these take overs they would be crucified and rightfully so.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
This is sportswashing taken to a new level. I hope they don’t end up making Abu Dhabi’s 9-club football franchise look reasonable.

Someone

Something
White and green is nice but they could've waited a couple of seasons before doing this. Tone deaf.

I’m loving my life

They should have the murdered journalist’s bloodied head as a new club badge. Sky and the press will start praising them soon enough

copen1945

If Chelsea had deserved what they got, then Newcastle and Man City do, as well. The American owners of different clubs aren't angels, but at least they are in this only for the money.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
It's buried in the middle of the text.

"New away kit bears striking resemblance to Saudi national-team jersey "
How does it matter? They're anyway owned by the Saudis. Changing an away kit means nothing after that.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I'm sorry but isn't PIF owned/controlled by the Crown Prince of SA? Why the feck would it be separate from the State. The mental gymnastics is hilarious. It's all about how things appear. You've accepted the SA state money, simple as that.