Newcastle's entire squad in Covid-19 self-isolation after significant outbreak

DoomSlayer

Anyone suggesting voiding the season and stopping football alltogether is just plain stupid. You guys just don't get the implications that this will have on the game. I'm sure the players also would never agree to such a thing.

Stopping the sport for the rest of the season would cause a domino effect that would set back the sport decades. Not to mention that the PL might decide to do it, but what if the rest refuse? There is so many factors and variables, it's an impossible task. Teams in a situation like Newcastle should play whatever players are available, U23s, U21s, U18s, whoever is available. There is nothing more to it, either that or just forfeit the games where they can't field enough players.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Anyone suggesting voiding the season and stopping football alltogether is just plain stupid. You guys just don't get the implications that this will have on the game. I'm sure the players also would never agree to such a thing.
Should have seen what last season's "should we void the PL" thread looked like :lol:

I'm surprised it's taken this long for the calls (to halt football) to start again!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I'm afraid the game has to go ahead this game week because erm...I have 3 Villa players in my fantasy team!!

Slysi17

Oh ok I have stressful stuff going on in my life that I didn't realise a vaccine was that close. Still, it's not an issue as games can be moved to midweek if it's a team not in Europe.

Paul_Scholes18

Anyone know when it might be played? During league cup semi final date if Newcastle are out?

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Noticed every player has still managed to get a haircut during full lockdown periods. When they can’t even be trusted not to do that, it’s no wonder shit like this happens.