Next 5 Fixtures

Moby

Dick
27/10 - Norwich (Away)
2/11 - Bournemouth (Away)
10/11 - Brighton and Hove Albion (Home)
24/11 - Sheffield United (Away)
1/12 - Aston Villa (Home)

With the players slowly coming back and getting the tough one out of the way, we should be targeting maximum points in those 5 games.

Last edited:

jackal&hyde

After barely missing out on a win against Liverpool the players should have confidence now. Time to go on a winning run especially with Martial and hopefully Pogba being back. Could get top 4 by Christmas.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
27/10 - Norwich (Away)
10/11 - Sheffield United (Home)
24/11 - Brighton and Hove Albion (Away)

With the players slowly coming back and getting the tough one out of the way, we should be targeting maximum points in those 5 games.
The way we have been playing this year, this set of games if more worrying to me than if we were playing the top 6. So far this year these are the games we struggle in. Meanwhile, we have 2 wins, 2 ties and 0 losses against the projected top 6...

Moby

Dick
The way we have been playing this year, this set of games if more worrying to me than if we were playing the top 6. So far this year these are the games we struggle in. Meanwhile, we have 2 wins, 2 ties and 0 losses against the projected top 6...
I think the previous non-top 6 fixtures were trickier than this run, and we also had injuries to go with. With Martial back and Pogba nearing a return, we should be able to give this one a good go.

Norwich and Bournemouth both have really bad defenses and if we play our first choice attack there shouldn't be any excuse of not winning against them, even if we can't keep clean sheets. Sheffield, Brighton and Villa don't have any attacking threat to worry our defense. Possibly Villa but nothing our defense shouldn't be able to handle.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Big 6 pointer against Norwich. Need to peel away from the bottom 3 here. Will be a tough game with an away thursday european night.

always_hoping

I think the target needs to be an away game win ASAP, the longer that awful run without an away win goes the worse it will get and will play on the players minds. I'll be attending the Villa game and hopefully United are closer to the top 4 than bottom 3 by then.

Listar

Have to win all.

No more if’s or but’s is acceptable anymore. We used that last 9 games.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
27/10 - Norwich (Away)

Think you'll win 4 lose 1, wouldn't give you much of a chance at the Amex

EDIT that Brighton game is at OT, still backing us though!

Last edited:

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
Brighton and Villa don't have any attacking threat to worry our defense. Possibly Villa but nothing our defense shouldn't be able to handle.
Tell that to Spurs

Strelok

Where the feck is Shaw and Pogba??

It seems they've been injured forever and we're just 9 games into the season ffs.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
The thing is though, we are only 9 games into the season and have already played Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Wolves and Leicester and gotten 9 points from those fixtures, its not great, but its not utterly terrible either

What is terrible is getting 1 point from Newcastle, Soton, West Ham and Palace. Win three of those and we would be on par with City points wise

Hopefully with Martial back we might look a bit more dangerous going forward. Rashford seemed a lot more comfortable yesterday playing as a wide forward than he has done playing as CF so if we slot Martial in the center and Rashford/James on the flanks, we might score more than one goal :wenger:

Son

It seems they've been injured forever and we're just 9 games into the season ffs.
Is shaw even that big of a miss? He’s pretty bang average but at least we don’t have both of Rojo and Young on the field when he’s fit I suppose...

PaulRich

I called this in other threads - we had a free hit (barring a royal dicking) against Liverpool, these next fixtures before Spurs at home need to rack us some points.

freeurmind

weak willed
Hopefully, we see more innovation from Ole regarding formations. The midfield 3 looks so much stronger than the double pivot he's favoured early on in the season. If Tuanzebe is fit he should come in for Lindelof.

Thiagoal

I’m going to the Brighton game and it’s defo at Old Trafford

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
27/10 - Norwich (Away)

Can you at least get the details right?
Brighton is home and 10th nov for starters.

Kostur

海尔的老板
I’m going to the Brighton game and it’s defo at Old Trafford
Joke's on you when you sit alone at OT and they actually play in Brighton.

We should be targetting 5-6 goals in those games, smiles and positive attitude as well as clear transfer strategy. Would be nice if we started talks with some new pampers sponsor.

I'm expecting 5 wins nothing less. Obviously a bit worried as we struggle when we're the ones who have to create. We can't play counter against these teams. But if I am to change my mind on Solskjær he has to deliver 15 points from those games.

Classical Mechanic

27/10 - Norwich (Away)

The next 3 sides we play will suit us in terms of style, all of them to a degree. We should be winning 12 of 15 here.

If Ole can't get a tune out of the lads in these games then he's done.

Crashoutcassius

These are the hard yards for this team, especially without our best player.

Vs Norwich we should set up similar to Liverpool. They are naive enough to attack.

The rest will make us do something and we will have to find something from somewhere

Judas

Open to offers
We should win the next 5 but we won't and it's a bit wishful thinking to suggest we will. Yep we turned up against Liverpool as a lot of us had a sneaky feeling we might, but against teams that will sit back against us and let us have the ball? We'll struggle as usual most likely.

Now if we sat back and let these teams come onto us? We'd probably win them all, our counter attacking play is right up there as some of the best in the league.

Mr angry

Supports
Bury
Two wins there at best, the two home games. Possible draw at either Norwich, Bournemouth and Sheffield United. These are the kind of teams United struggled with, I had a feeling they would somehow scrap a point against Liverpool.

kiristao

If we play with the heart and commitment that we did with Liverpool then 12 out of 15 points are definitely gettable

Enigma_87

You know who
The exact type of games we struggle with - away games against inferior opposition where we should be the side that is the creative one.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
27/10 - Norwich (Away) 1-2 L
2/11 - Bournemouth (Away) 0-2 L
10/11 - Brighton and Hove Albion (Home) 1-0 W
24/11 - Sheffield United (Away) 0-0 D
1/12 - Aston Villa (Home) 2-0 W

Shaw is no real miss. He's a very ordinary left back and wouldn't look out of place back at Southampton. Pogba is a big miss though I agree.

If we play with the heart and commitment that we did with Liverpool then 12 out of 15 points are definitely gettable
Not really, completely different games. We sat back and countered against Liverpool, we are good at that. We will dominate possession and be forced to break down defenses in these next 5, which we are terrible at. Buzz words like heart, commitment, passion & desire mean nothing when they aren't combined with quality, which we have little of.

Last edited:

Judas

Open to offers
I saw nothing yesterday that makes me think against teams who sit back we will be anything better than we have been lately, that is utterly useless.

Bestietom

27/10 - Norwich (Away)

Would be great if we could get maximum points from these 5 games, but it doesn't always work that way. Mistakes are always made at the wrong times, usually when 1 goal up with us. Let's just HOPE, we can do it.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
27/10 - Norwich (Away)

Wish people would stop omitting the likes of the EL and the LC when they do these lists, you cannot look at league fixtures outside of the context of the other games we have to play. Our next 6 games are

Thursday - Belgrade (a)
Sunday - Norwich (a)
Wednesday - Chelsea (a)
Saturday - Bournemouth (a)
Thursday - Belgrade (h)
Sunday - Brighton (h)

The next 4 games worry me, all away from home, likely all with a less than 100% fit squad and players severely lacking in confidence. I didn't watch the game yesterday but a gutsy game raising draw against our biggest rivals doesn't give me any confidence when it comes to these lesser games

Looking at that list right there I cant see any wins until we get back to OT next and even then you just know it'll be narrow margins

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I think the previous non-top 6 fixtures were trickier than this run, and we also had injuries to go with. With Martial back and Pogba nearing a return, we should be able to give this one a good go.

Norwich and Bournemouth both have really bad defenses and if we play our first choice attack there shouldn't be any excuse of not winning against them, even if we can't keep clean sheets. Sheffield, Brighton and Villa don't have any attacking threat to worry our defense. Possibly Villa but nothing our defense shouldn't be able to handle.
Last 5 prem games since September international break Bournemouth have conceded 5 league goals, Man. United 5.

Overall this season Bournemouth conceded 13, Man. United 9 but have to factor in Bournemouth played Man. City already this season.

If Bournemouth have all their attackers available I can see them turning over Man. United. I agree you should be winning the other games although low goalscoring means draws will be likely in a couple of them as Sheffield United are pretty tough to break down at home.