Next 5 Fixtures

Hughie77

All those games are winnable? Having said that our away form is awful , so I'm not confident on the away games, home ones should be wins hopefully. Let's just go 1 game at a time.

Mcking

I could see three draws, a win against Villa and a defeat against Norwich.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
We should be looking at taking all 15 points from those games. Bournemouth may be a difficult match but we really should be winning against all of those teams and I worry for Ole if we don’t.

Alabaster Codify7

They don't fill me with a great deal of confidence....

27/10 - Norwich (Away) - 1-2
2/11 - Bournemouth (Away) - 2-1
10/11 - Brighton and Hove Albion (Home) - 1-1
24/11 - Sheffield United (Away) - 1-1
1/12 - Aston Villa (Home) - 2-0

GenZRed

Until we learn to score more than one goal a game I don't fancy us to win any games. More frustrating 1-1 draws, until then.

AlwaysRed66

We should be looking at taking all 15 points from those games. Bournemouth may be a difficult match but we really should be winning against all of those teams and I worry for Ole if we don’t.
The Man Utd of old I to would have expected to win all these five games, but I'm afraid those days are gone with the wind, & reality beckons. We are now a side that counterattacks, makes few chances & struggle to score more than a goal a game. If Ole won all five there would be celebrations all round, & I hardly think there will be great pressure on him if we don't. Unless of course we do very poorly & are in the relegation zone.

el3mel

Norwich - W. We really should win. They're so defensively bad and lost the majority of their games. City game was a fluke.
Bournemouth - L. We'll be back to being shite here.
Brighton - D. They'll park the bus and I doubt we'll find a solution.
Sheffield - D. Same. Has a banana skin written all over it.
Villa - W. They don't park the bus and the game is at home. Should be a win.
After today's match, think this might be a L as well.

RG 11

Norwich - W. We really should win. They're so defensively bad and lost the majority of their games. City game was a fluke.
Bournemouth - L. We'll be back to being shite here.
Brighton - D. They'll park the bus and I doubt we'll find a solution.
Sheffield - D. Same. Has a banana skin written all over it.
Villa - W. They don't park the bus and the game is at home. Should be a win.
Agree with this but can see us drawing against Norwich as well considering we haven't won a game away from home since Paris.

RG 11

I am reading comments on here and I dumb founded.
We have scored 10 points from 9 games so far. These are actual results.
But we have people on here predicting 12 pts from the next 5 games?
Am I living in some twilight zone where the last 9 games didn't actually take place?
Based on this kind of logic, Newcastle supporters should fully expect to be in 10th place after playing their next 5 games.
And MCFC and LFC will probably draw/lose every one of their next 5 matches.

And then there is the Jan transfer window. Some believe we will buy players.
We spent very little in the Summer, so what makes anybody think that we'd save money in the Summer, so we can spend in January?
What logic is being used here, when people think we are going to spend anything in January?

Do people realise that we are saving as much money as we can, we have hired a manager with no relevant experience to manage a top club and we have made (and continue to make) the worst start to an EPL campaign ever?
It's quite bizarre how everyone is so optimistic after a semi decent performance against pool (where we ended up parking the bus after scoring).

At best, we'll get 8 pts from these fixtures. At worst, 1 win and 2 draws.

Red_Orchestra

27/10 - Norwich (Away)
2/11 - Bournemouth (Away)
10/11 - Brighton and Hove Albion (Home)
24/11 - Sheffield United (Away)
1/12 - Aston Villa (Home)

With the players slowly coming back and getting the tough one out of the way, we should be targeting maximum points in those 5 games.
It should be no less than 15 points for these next 5 fixtures, we have a £500m team and we need to act like a £500m team.

Hound Dog

Supports
Whoever I bet on
I am stunned by the idea that a team that won two out of nine is capable of winning five in a row.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
I'll be surprised if we get more than 9 points to be honest.

Mr angry

Supports
Bury
As has been correctly said, the old United of Ferguson would have won all five games. Those days are gone and I can see no more than one or two, at a push, wins, both the home games.

Banana Republic

Most of the posts in this thread appear to forget that the other bottom half teams have fixtures as well and will win some points (guaranteed when they play each other).

Never mind our next 5 fixtures (we have to win at least 3 of them or we won’t get out of danger), the other bottom club’s next 5 fixtures are equally important.

For example, this coming weekend, we’ll drop from current 14th place to between 15th And 17th place, depending on other results, before we even kick a ball against Norwich.

A drop to 15th place is automatic due to the fixtures (Brighton v Everton on Saturday).
Failure to get 3 points away to Norwich could mean we are just above the relegation zone either by 1 point, or on goal difference!

It doesn’t matter who our next 5 fixtures are against, even if it was City, Liverpool again, Leicester and Chelsea, in our current position, we’d still have to win 3 of them to stand any chance of climbing out of the danger zone by December.

One saving grace is that Villa and Wolves have got some very tough fixtures coming up.
If we manage to get two wins together on the trot, we’ll almost certainly leapfrog them and hopefully there’ll be some light at the end of the tunnel.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
As has been correctly said, the old United of Ferguson would have won all five games. Those days are gone and I can see no more than one or two, at a push, wins, both the home games.
Didn't you lose at Norwich in his final season? I do get the general point though, they'd always be a major reponse if you had a bad defeat and you'd reel off 4-5 straight wins.

Anyway Sheffield United have played Liverpool and Arsenal at home and only conceded 1 goal so think people are being wildly optimistic if they think that will be a comfortable win.

Gator Nate

Just to put a small caveat on the league table, through nine games last year:

1) City - 23 pts
2) Pool - 23 pts
3) Chelsea - 21 pts
4) Arsenal - 21 pts
5) Spurs - 21 pts
6) Bournemouth - 17pts
10) MUFC - 14 pts
18) Fulham - 5pts

Through nine games this year:
1) Pool - 25 pts
2) City - 19 pts
3) Leicester - 17 pts
4) Chelsea - 17 pts
5) Arsenal - 15 pts
6) Palace - 14 pts
14) MUFC - 10 pts
18) Newcastle - 8 pts

Outside of Liverpool, the good aren't as good this year and the bad aren't as bad. Even Watford, last on 4 points, is better than Newcastle last year on 2 points (and Newcastle survived). A lot more of these games are going to be tight "surprises" if things hold up the way they have been.

I still think if our front line figures out where the goal is, we go on a tear, and Norwich is a good place to start that...

lysglimt

Scout
Just to put a small caveat on the league table, through nine games last year:

1) City - 23 pts
2) Pool - 23 pts
3) Chelsea - 21 pts
4) Arsenal - 21 pts
5) Spurs - 21 pts
6) Bournemouth - 17pts
10) MUFC - 14 pts
18) Fulham - 5pts

Through nine games this year:
1) Pool - 25 pts
2) City - 19 pts
3) Leicester - 17 pts
4) Chelsea - 17 pts
5) Arsenal - 15 pts
6) Palace - 14 pts
14) MUFC - 10 pts
18) Newcastle - 8 pts

Outside of Liverpool, the good aren't as good this year and the bad aren't as bad. Even Watford, last on 4 points, is better than Newcastle last year on 2 points (and Newcastle survived). A lot more of these games are going to be tight "surprises" if things hold up the way they have been.

I still think if our front line figures out where the goal is, we go on a tear, and Norwich is a good place to start that...
In terms of Points they are better - but Liverpool to me looked a lot better last year...it's just that all the other teams closest to them look even weaker than they did last year. Last year Liverpool ran riot over most teams - this year, they have been...not exactly lucky, but consistently good rather than brilliant

Mr angry

Supports
Bury
I would be very satisfied with a draw at Sheffield United, I think either 0-0 at best or more likely a 0-1 defeat

Gator Nate

In terms of Points they are better - but Liverpool to me looked a lot better last year...it's just that all the other teams closest to them look even weaker than they did last year. Last year Liverpool ran riot over most teams - this year, they have been...not exactly lucky, but consistently good rather than brilliant
I can go with that. It kind of drives my real point home even further: If we can right the ship on scoring, we're not out of it yet.

Last edited:

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Well to get all 15 PTS we'll need 5 clean sheets because we only score one a game these days.

I think we'll struggle and Ole will get the boot.

El Zoido

If Martial and Pogba are back then we’ll be much improved and should perform far better than we have in recent weeks.

meninred

Barely minimum 10 points. After that the next two games are to mancity and Tottenham.Let us be a little easy on Ole and judge him after that.

hobbers

If we have 10 or more points from these 5 games it will probably save Ole his job until the Spring.

If we continue on current form, or get even worse, it will be his head on the block by New Years.

I could easily see us coming out of these next 5 games with only 4-6 points given how dire we've been against bus parking at OT and utterly shambolic away from home in general.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
If we’re to go on a good run then this is a good time to do it. Get 10 pts or more out of these 5 PL games and we could start to believe again that we’re headed in the right direction.
Tbh, I don’t really care about the other competitions at this time, we need to focus on getting points and moving up the table.

Banana Republic

Sheffield Utd - Currently the joint, best defensive record with Liverpool. On the other hand, they can't score goals either.
When we go there, it'll be two teams who can't score, but defend well.
Sounds like a cracker.
:lol:

Mr angry

Supports
Bury
Sheffield United has 0-0 bore draw written all over it

Focusmate

Supports
Non League
Surely 3 points at Norwich. They will play into our hands. Thee we perfect team for us. If we cant win there I wouldnt be confident of beating anyone.

baskinginthesun

An away win in the league will be nice. I just feel that will more than likely come against a "Top 6" team than any one of the next set of away games we have.

Norwich figured out how to defend in their last match against Bournemouth. I get the feeling they will sit back against us and we will see a 0-0.

MrSingh2002

Bournemouth and Villa could destroy us on the counter. Whilst Sheff Utd could be to stubborn defensively to concede. Let's see how Ole manages.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Bournemouth and Villa could destroy us on the counter. Whilst Sheff Utd could be to stubborn defensively to concede. Let's see how Ole manages.
Grealish pick up an injury yesterday, could be a 2-3 week job so we'll certainly do much less counter attacking if he isn't available for your game.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
One done, 3 pts in the bag and an away win too.
These next games will define Ole’s season, so it’s a good start.
Onwards and upwards.

Superunknown

Bournemouth away is going to be an interesting game. It should be very open with the way that they attack, so hopefully we will be able to create quite a few chances. It will be a different type of performance compared to today's against Norwich, as I think we'll most likely play more on the counter with that one.