Mikel Arteta | Lego Pep watch

Oranges038

Again I never said to sack him. I don't think he should be anywhere near sacking right now but eventually you have to win the big one or else you have to wonder if he is just a nearly manager who can't help the side to cross the line.

Put this way if next season you guys again finish 2nd or 3rd with 80 to 85 points and get knocked out in qf without any other trophies and then the season after that same story. What then.That's why I ask what's the end goal here. Can't keep on treating yourself as underdog if you are to be looked as a big club and yes arsenal for me are a big club so their standards would be judged accordingly.

Well if klopp didn't win the cl and pl his legacy at Liverpool would have been looked as an underwhelming stint. The fact he won those big trophies helped him and not helped poch. Imagine if poch had won the cl, he would have been looked differently. Trophies matters and that's the whole point of my original post.
They're going to have a much better chance at the league next year, provided they strengthen in the right areas in the summer.

City need a refresh, wouldn't surprise me if Pep walks at the end of the season.
Klopp will be gone, Liverpool will drop off.
Utd will still be a mess.
Villa will drop off.
Spurs will be Spurs.
Chelsea are being managed by Poch.

If they don't win it next year, then I'd say it would be valid to look for someone who can take them to that next step.

the_cliff

They're going to have a much better chance at the league next year, provided they strengthen in the right areas in the summer.

City need a refresh, wouldn't surprise me if Pep walks at the end of the season.
Klopp will be gone, Liverpool will drop off.
Utd will still be a mess.
Villa will drop off.
Spurs will be Spurs.
Chelsea are being managed by Poch.

If they don't win it next year, then I'd say it would be valid to look for someone who can take them to that next step.
They were saying that the end of last season.