Mikel Arteta | Lego Pep watch

Bojan11

I’ve got this feeling PSG will crash out of the CL next round and Tuchel will be fired over it. Arsenal will get Tuchel in the summer, Pep will go to PSG and Poch will take the vacant City-job.

I also have this feeling only Pep will be a success....
Any more feelings you would like to share?

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Pochettino at PSG seems an obvious move to me next summer.

I actually wonder if Bayern would go back to Pep. Have some stress free title wins again and another crack or two at CL.

In next four months Marco Rose could be a Bundesliga title winner so he's going to be the next must have Mourinho/Klopp type so will shoot to top of shortlist for likes of Man. City I reckon.

Suedesi

I actually think Allegri would further aggravate the problem. People assume because he's pragmatic he'd get shit players punching but I'm not sure he would. His one chance to prove so was with AC and he was sacked with them in the bottom half.
Allegri would be decent, he's a sharp operator.
Mourinho was fired with Chelsea in much worse position

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
What does Allegri know about playing Stoke on a rainy Tuesday night? We need someone with PL experience.

Nickelodeon

I’ve got this feeling PSG will crash out of the CL next round and Tuchel will be fired over it. Arsenal will get Tuchel in the summer, Pep will go to PSG and Poch will take the vacant City-job.

I also have this feeling only Pep will be a success....
That's a lot of detail for a feeling.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
I find it hard to believe this is true but then again it wouldn't surprise me seeing how they're paying for Pepe in instalments ffs. How can the 6th biggest football club with the most expensive ticket prices not compete with manager salaries? They're spending about 5 bill on their new Rams stadium are they not? Just doesn't make any sense? Can see them going for someone like Arteta in the end.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I find it hard to believe this is true but then again it wouldn't surprise me seeing how they're paying for Pepe in instalments ffs. How can the 6th biggest football club with the most expensive ticket prices not compete with manager salaries? They're spending about 5 bill on their new Rams stadium are they not? Just doesn't make any sense? Can see them going for someone like Arteta in the end.
Most transfers are paid in instalments.

crossy1686

career ending
Rumour is the job is Arteta's if he wants it, but Arteta wants to see what Pep is planning on doing at the end of this season as he fancies his chances of getting the City job should Pep leave.

JPRouve

Scout
If not all of them. No one has £100m just sitting in an account waiting to be spent.
Some clubs can have that type of money sitting around during summer, United and Bayern are examples but generally even these clubs don't pay upfront when it happens it makes the news because it's not common.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Rumour is the job is Arteta's if he wants it, but Arteta wants to see what Pep is planning on doing at the end of this season as he fancies his chances of getting the City job should Pep leave.
Not sure the City owners would let Arteta have fun with their toy. They haven't won the CL yet and are close to need a spending spree to refresh the squad. I don't really want Arteta to be the Arsenal manager, he should try to get the Everton job first.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Most transfers are paid in instalments.
If not all of them. No one has £100m just sitting in an account waiting to be spent.

Yeah that probably came out wrong. What I meant to say was that because they ARE paying in instalments it's not as if they are particularly strapped for cash. They should still have plenty of money to burn.

JPRouve

Scout
5 instalments are uncommon I believe. Unpalatable to most selling clubs.

Madrid paid for Ronaldo in one instalment as did United with Maguire last summer.
No, 5 instalments aren't that incommon and you can mention the one time payments because they are rare and always mentioned. Herrera, Griezmann or Javi Martinez are other examples. From memory what makes Pépé's transfer strange is the length of the instalments, if I'm not mistaken it's over 3 or 4 years when 2 years is allegedly the "normal" practice. And other thing is that clubs take loans too, so even the shorter instalments aren't actually paid in one time.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
If Vitor Pereira rumour is true, it's a very good appointment from Arsenal, despite his flaws on english language.

Vitor Pereira is a very good manager, with clear ideas and a very strong character. There are few persons in PT that understand better the game than him.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Best not to read too much in anything at the moment. Everyday a new name pops up and has a completely different profile to the one before. Either the board haven't got a single clue about what they are looking for or most of it is BS and agents talk.

cjj

Supports
Spurs
They tend to. Spurs have previously declared cash assets of that sum in Euros, stored in accounts. Hedged bets for Brexit and all that. Makes more sense if you know about Joe Lewis and how he made his wedge.

The reality is, very few teams pay transfer fees 100% up front because they amortise over several seasons, in both their incomings and outgoings, so it's not always pragmatic to do so.

Suedesi

Vítor Pereira is way much better. He refused an Everton offer and reinforced it by issuing a press release.
He said he's honored by the offer but he can't accept it at the moment.
Arsenal in?
Portuguese coaches are overrated as fck mate. The sheer audacity of Vitor Pereira to be linked with the Arsenal is mind boggling. Might as well give it to Marco Silva

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Portuguese coaches are overrated as fck mate. The sheer audacity of Vitor Pereira to be linked with the Arsenal is mind boggling. Might as well give it to Marco Silva
Marco Silva can't be compared to Pereira, mate. Pereira's level is way much higher. He's a proven winner and his football quality is very good.

And portuguese managers do usually deliver. Jorge Jesus at Flamengo did it this year. Not our fault you guys fell for Marco Silva when he wasn't even that rated at PT. There was a reason he stay for months without a job after Olympiakos and not even a midtable portuguese club shown interest.

Suedesi

Marco Silva can't be compared to Pereira, mate. Pereira's level is way much higher. He's a proven winner and his football quality is very good.

And portuguese managers do usually deliver. Jorge Jesus at Flamengo did it this year. Not our fault you guys fell for Marco Silva when he wasn't even that rated at PT. There was a reason he stay for months without a job after Olympiakos and not even a midtable portuguese club shown interest.
Where's Pereira coaching at? What's he won? Mickey mouse leagues? Thought so.

I don't give a shit about Arsenal or Everton, they're welcome to choose whoever, but the talk about Pereira taking over Arsenal when he is so unqualified is just over the top.

But anyhoo he's a proven winner in China, Greece, Turkey and Egypt

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Where's Pereira coaching at? What's he won? Mickey mouse leagues? Thought so.

I don't give a shit about Arsenal or Everton, they're welcome to choose whoever, but the talk about Pereira taking over Arsenal when he is so unqualified is just over the top.

But anyhoo he's a proven winner in China, Greece, Turkey and Egypt
He's the main reason AVB won it all at Porto. AVB left, Pereira was his 1st team assistant didn't follow him because he got an offer to become the new manager, and Porto kept wining titles despite selling their best players after the Liga Europa win and Benfica having a stronger squad overall, while AVB career derailed.

I also think Arsenal could get better than him, but when they say themselves they can't hire an expensive manager they better take the better second line solutions on the market.

Just for curiosity, since you are passionately complaining about portuguese managers being overrated, do you know why is that happening? The answer is actually quite simple and is named Vitor Frade.

TheOx

Supports
Liverpool
I'd be surprised if their next manager isn't Allegri or Ancelotti.

Ooh2B

Supports
Arsenal
Surely Ancelotti is a no brainer for them?
I can’t see beyond him as first choice right now.

A proven premiership manager, still reasonably young and has the chops to mix it up with the young gun managers out there at the moment.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I can’t see beyond him as first choice right now.

A proven premiership manager, still reasonably young and has the chops to mix it up with the young gun managers out there at the moment.
Won't make any sense.

Given how far away everyone is to City and Liverpool it makes no sense appointing "proven" managers. You appoint the likes of Ancelotti if there's a genuine chance of winning something and winning it now.

Your best bet is to think longer term the way we have, try turning being so far behind the top two into a positive and build something sustainable to try and put yourself in the best position to pounce when they drop off a bit.

Bojan11

Need to make appointment fast.

Ljungberg is out of his depth. No idea what he is trying to do vs City. He saw the blue print is to counter last week, Arsenal have the players to counter but they playing into City’s hand.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
Need to make appointment fast.

Ljungberg is out of his depth. No idea what he is trying to do vs City. He saw the blue print is to counter last week, Arsenal have the players to counter but they playing into City’s hand.

He was limited by defensive options. But yes, we should have sat back and tried to contain.