Mikel Arteta | Lego Pep watch

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
DT being so smug about how he knew best when everyone said be careful what you wish for.

18 months on, exact same position as with Wenger, maybe worse.

AshRK

DT being so smug about how he knew best when everyone said be careful what you wish for.

The likes of DT know next to nothing. They just go with flow. Now they will go giddy over Ljungberg or whoever their next manager is and then once they start faltering they will turn again him too. It's a cycle.

LVGSdive

These so called fans are going to be making it even harder for the club to appoint a top manager. Every manager will expect and accept some levels of abuse. However, Arsenal fans go above and beyond that. Their next manager is going to have to be extremely mentally tough.

For that reason I expect Freddie to be their Ole. I think it will be harder for their toxic fan base to turn on a club legend. As well as other elite managers avoiding managing them. It's pretty much a job that comes with too much stress.

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
Rodgers isn’t gonna jump to Arsenal having only being back in the PL for a season.
He jumped from Celtic, Swansea when a better opportunity presented itself. I'd say Arsenal are about where Liverpool were when he first took over there

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
He jumped from Celtic, Swansea when a better opportunity presented itself. I'd say Arsenal are about where Liverpool were when he first took over there
He had been at Swansea for for 2 seasons, and no way were Swansea on a par with Leicester, considering the backing they seem willing to put in.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
These so called fans are going to be making it even harder for the club to appoint a top manager. Every manager will expect and accept some levels of abuse. However, Arsenal fans go above and beyond that. Their next manager is going to have to be extremely mentally tough.

For that reason I expect Freddie to be their Ole. I think it will be harder for their toxic fan base to turn on a club legend. As well as other elite managers avoiding managing them. It's pretty much a job that comes with too much stress.
Look forward to their own rollercoaster.

The morale boosting appointment, the unexpected upturn in results, the sudden realisation this is the "right" man. The almost immediate drop off. The dawning realisation you've employed a guy with zero pedigree...

knowing Arsenal, we'll go through that in 6months, not a year,

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea

In fairness he was right about Wenger, them picking the wrong man to replace him doesn't change the fact AW deserved the sack.

There's a reason rival fans were chanting that they wanted him to stay.

RoyH1

Whoever gets the job will not be succesful. Kroenke's sports franchises rarely win championships; they're cash cows for him.

AshRK

I am all for fan channels and different opinions but AFTV has grown too much for the club's own detriment. Maybe sooner than later someone from within the club will call them out , if they have already not.

hubbuh

Rafa would be a great choice I feel. He can work with a budget and he'd organise that defence. They aren't winning anything or moving forward any time soon given the resources of the other clubs but he could steady the ship.
Disagree that another old fashioned sort of manager is what they need. If I was an Arsenal fan, I'd be hoping for Rodgers. Maybe Howe, possibly Nuno? Might be difficult to get any of them a few months into the season, so wouldn't be surprised to see Allegri get it.

AshRK

£90m? I’d even argue that Leicester done the better business.
Emery was reasonably backed and if anything possessed with one of the best attacks in the league and add Pepe to that. Top 4 should have been a given considering United and Chelsea were always going to be outsiders and Poch was having an off season with spurs. He was doing a horrible job and was rightly sacked.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Emery was reasonably backed and if anything possessed with one of the best attacks in the league and add Pepe to that. Top 4 should have been a given considering United and Chelsea were always going to be outsiders and Poch was having an off season with spurs. He was doing a horrible job and was rightly sacked.
One of the best attacks maybe, defence wise though? I don’t see any reason why Rodgers would leave considering how well he has his team playing and the players he has.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
£90m? I’d even argue that Leicester done the better business.
You're turning your nose up at 90 Million as a Spurs fan :lol:

Don't think anybody can really say that he wasn't backed. Everyone was having a meltdown in the transfer window because they thought they bought really well.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Look forward to their own rollercoaster.

The morale boosting appointment, the unexpected upturn in results, the sudden realisation this is the "right" man. The almost immediate drop off. The dawning realisation you've employed a guy with zero pedigree...

knowing Arsenal, we'll go through that in 6months, not a year,
Sounds eerily familiar.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham

Don't think anybody can really say that he wasn't backed. Everyone was having a meltdown in the transfer window because they thought they bought really well.
I don’t see how the team I support really matters to be honest, I simply don’t see Rodgers wanting to jump ship considering how well he is doing.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal

We bought quite well, he just had no idea how to use what he had. A man clearly out of his depth and thankfully the club acted when it became apparent he couldn't get out of the pickle. I'm not too worried that it was a little too late as we can still salvage something from a season where I didn't expect us to do much anyway.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
We bought quite well, he just had no idea how to use what he had. A man clearly out of his depth and thankfully the club acted when it became apparent he couldn't get out of the pickle. I'm not too worried that it was a little too late as we can still salvage something from a season where I didn't expect us to do much anyway.
I think Pepe is a good player, I do however think there is difficulties in defence, it’s only my opinion.

Grinner

Staff
Supports
Arsenal
Ahhh I see, call me mental for having a reasoned argument and the fact he hasn’t even been there a year? I suppose Jose would have picked Arsenal over Spurs?
Yes. I don't think a serious offer was put in for Jose so we'll never know. Personally. I'm glad you both have each other. Wouldn't want that toxic cnut anywhere near The Arsenal.

Grinner

Staff
Supports
Arsenal
We spent much more than that. There's not a problem of backing the manager - we spent big in the summer, the team has just been managed horribly since.
Interesting where he played Luiz yesterday though. He finally lucked into a formation that seemed to work for a bit!

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Yes. I don't think a serious offer was put in for Jose so we'll never know. Personally. I'm glad you both have each other. Wouldn't want that toxic cnut anywhere near The Arsenal.
I wasn’t Jose’s biggest fan either tbh, and of course it could all turn toxic but I have to back him as he is our manager now. Brendan would be an ideal candidate for Arsenal so if you can get him I certainly think you should, I simply don’t see him pushing for a move. I do think our squad suits Jose much more than Arsenal’s, I don’t see much argument in that.

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
Interesting where he played Luiz yesterday though. He finally lucked into a formation that seemed to work for a bit!
I couldn't face watching yesterday! What was different - Luiz in midfield?
Your net spend was £90m.
Quite a lot, no? Miles off 'not backing the manager' at any club that's not managed by Jose or Pep.

AshRK

One of the best attacks maybe, defence wise though? I don’t see any reason why Rodgers would leave considering how well he has his team playing and the players he has.
Still with how other teams have been playing Arsenal should be in top 4. No one expects them to win the title or even challenge for one but Emery was reasonably backed to be in top 4. He was doing a miserable job this season.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
For all the quality, the money, the braggadocio, the top 6 that are always top 2 at best and the blah blah blah, PL is the same circus as everywhere with deluded owners, incompetent managers and overhyped players... good riddance alay partridgy :lol:

Grinner

Staff
Supports
Arsenal
I couldn't face watching yesterday! What was different - Luiz in midfield?

Quite a lot, no? Miles off 'not backing the manager' at any club that's not managed by Jose or Pep.
Yep, played CM and looked fairly decent. Then he got nobbled and it all went to shit. EF made changes at half-time and as usual Emery didn't know how to counter them, we fell behind and so needing a goal he brought on a defensive midfielder!

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
Was it not quite a surprise that you spend so much on getting Pepe though?
I'm not following your point. We have money, we've been spending it.We supposedly bid €60m for a centre-back at the end of the window as well.

Arsenal's going to be an attractive job for 99.9% of managers. Picking one who brings us up the table is the challenge... I'm hoping it's Arteta.

AshRK

That’s a bit nonsensical, why should Arsenal be top 4? Other teams have been playing better.
Start of the season many predicted them to be in top 4. Nothing nonsensical about that. Many predicted top 4 to be City, Liverpool, SPurs and Arsenal. The fact other teams have been better and Arsenal have been crap shows why Emery was doing a terrible job.

Grinner

Staff
Supports
Arsenal
I'm not following your point. We have money, we've been spending it.We supposedly bid €60m for a centre-back at the end of the window as well.

Arsenal's going to be an attractive job for 99.9% of managers. Picking one who brings us up the table is the challenge... I'm hoping it's Arteta.
eh? Why?

This next appointment is too important to be fecking about with unknowns. Break the bank for Rodgers, or Poch in second place with Allegri a distant third. Maybe we can do like we did with Alan Smith and let Leicester keep Rodgers till the end of the season!