Next Draft - Ideas and Discussions

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
I just don’t know if I would have the same level of discussion that you guys have, but I do love following it and have learned a lot from reading the various articles posted and all.
Can help you with that. Had a same feeling, watched all the drafts since I joined and the most fun part even when I just watched was drafting as it is now when am playing. Games are ok, but not great, if there isn't any meltdown. Only problem I had is how the feck they know so much and debate with them. Next thing you know, I kicked out Matthaus/Rijkaard combo and won against Maradona/Pele/Ronaldo team which confirmed my status as a new Managerial God (thank you @Pat_Mustard )

On a serious note, it isn't really hard because if you like it you will find pleasure in discovering and learning about new players. That, along with building a team is the real pleasure in all this, debates are secondary. But, even with them you will not have much problems, looking previous drafts and teams put together, basics of every tactics and why a particular players should thrive in that set-up. All in all, it is a very enjoyable experience especially once you get over that "I don't have that much knowledge" (neither do them ;)). My advice is to go try, you can always go back where you are know and just watching, but the thrill of actual drafting and building a team will be great, that I am sure of.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Thanks for all the feedback guys! I appreciate the welcome and encouragement.

I will definitely give it a go so I can be told exactly why my midfield wouldn’t work :D

Indnyc

I will definitely give it a go so I can be told exactly why my midfield wouldn’t work :D
No matter who you pick, your midfield sucks, your defense is too exposed, and you have too many great players to have synergy :lol:

Enigma_87

You know who

You'll get used to it mate. The best way is to kick off in the next draft and start picking - it's the fun process of it.

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
Can help you with that. Had a same feeling, watched all the drafts since I joined and the most fun part even when I just watched was drafting as it is now when am playing. Games are ok, but not great, if there isn't any meltdown. Only problem I had is how the feck they know so much and debate with them. Next thing you know, I kicked out Matthaus/Rijkaard combo and won against Maradona/Pele/Ronaldo team which confirmed my status as a new Managerial God (thank you @Pat_Mustard )

On a serious note, it isn't really hard because if you like it you will find pleasure in discovering and learning about new players. That, along with building a team is the real pleasure in all this, debates are secondary. But, even with them you will not have much problems, looking previous drafts and teams put together, basics of every tactics and why a particular players should thrive in that set-up. All in all, it is a very enjoyable experience especially once you get over that "I don't have that much knowledge" (neither do them ;)). My advice is to go try, you can always go back where you are know and just watching, but the thrill of actual drafting and building a team will be great, that I am sure of.
Peak Beam :drool: . We need you to go current Mourinho or late-career Brian Clough tomoorow though please.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
How about players who've never won any Club trophies. This is a bit unusual. You can call it Crap Draft.

Or players who've never won National Team trophies. This is no so crap draft.

Last edited:

Indnyc

Who is running the next draft? @harms are you ready with your board?

I liked the multi league draft as well

Moby

Dick
There are Lockdown Drafts.

Pools can be based on anything like nationality or criteria. E.g. It's based on nationality. It means after 5 players from Brazil are picked, the nation is locked and no more Brazilians can be picked. So you need to decide if you can wait it out or have to rush for a particular nation.

Can add certain criteria to it like every squad needs to have at least one midget player and so on. So you have to satisfy all the criteria in the squad while also looking out for countries getting locked down.

GodShaveTheQueen

We mean it man, we love our queen!
How about a simple snake styled 13 clubs draft?

1. Every pick should be linked with a particular club
2. Only performances for that club count
3. You can pick any club only once
4. European clubs only
5. Each club can only be picked by 8 managers (optional, but should add some spice)

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
anyone played risk(board game)? i wonder if we could make a draft out of it :D

GodShaveTheQueen

Can start registrations for whichever draft we want to do next now that we are semis of current draft

Šjor Bepo

any chance we will every play 4way draft again? :(

GodShaveTheQueen

Floating another idea

The draft master will create a list of 50 blocked players, 20 managers, 20 clubs and 10 national teams. (Can tweak the numbers a bit)

You can pick a player who has played with one of the blocked players or played with one of the managers or played for one of clubs or played for one of the national teams.

Each of the 100 options can be picked only twice for the duration of the draft. So 200 options.

16*12 = 184 players to be drafted.

Michaelf7777777

(∪。∪)。。。zzz
Floating another idea

The draft master will create a list of 50 blocked players, 20 managers, 20 clubs and 10 national teams. (Can tweak the numbers a bit)

You can pick a player who has played with one of the blocked players or played with one of the managers or played for one of clubs or played for one of the national teams.

Each of the 100 options can be picked only twice for the duration of the draft. So 200 options.

16*12 = 184 players to be drafted.
In

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
New 4-Way draft

This would be a more difficult version of the earlier 4 w draft. we'd still have 4 categories, Club, Country, Manager and Timeline. But choices under a category would be exclusive and should not overlap with other chosen categories.

Step 1: Make your choices under the categories: (e.g. Manchester United, Brazil, Klopp and 1973-82). This would be via PM and only made public after everyone has confirmed their choices. All overlaps permissible.
Step 2: Manager choose their own order to cycle through the categories. (e.g. Timeline, Club, Manager and Country). This means 1st pick would be timelines, 2nd would be Club...5th would be back to timeline...and so forth.
Step 3: Make picks. Picks should be exclusive and no overlaps with other choices (e.g. using choices above - If your category is timeline you should pick a player in the timeline but one who should not have played for United, Brazil or under Klopp)

Plus there would be a block list.

Šjor Bepo

in though manager needs to be changed if those were not just examples :)

Michaelf7777777

(∪。∪)。。。zzz
New 4-Way draft

This would be a more difficult version of the earlier 4 w draft. we'd still have 4 categories, Club, Country, Manager and Timeline. But choices under a category would be exclusive and should not overlap with other chosen categories.

Step 1: Make your choices under the categories: (e.g. Manchester United, Brazil, Klopp and 1973-82). This would be via PM and only made public after everyone has confirmed their choices. All overlaps permissible.
Step 2: Manager choose their own order to cycle through the categories. (e.g. Timeline, Club, Manager and Country). This means 1st pick would be timelines, 2nd would be Club...5th would be back to timeline...and so forth.
Step 3: Make picks. Picks should be exclusive and no overlaps with other choices (e.g. using choices above - If your category is timeline you should pick a player in the timeline but one who should not have played for United, Brazil or under Klopp)

In

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
New 4-Way draft

In

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Why announce it at all? Wouldn't it be fun to try to guess your opponent's choices throughout the draft only to learn them after the drafting bit has ended?

Skizzo

European chain draft

No limit for players from a country, but must use at least 6 different countries.

You can not move directly between countries that have won the World Cup.

Managers pick starting country by PM and it will not be announced or made known.

Managers all send one blocked European player (which will make up the blocked list) but if blocking one specifically designated player (one that I have chosen for attack, midfield, and defense beforehand, but will not be made known) then there is a prize awarded.

Cannot pick any players who have played with your blocked player. So decide if blocking a big name for others, or keeping your options open for yourself.

Must pick at least one outfield player who has never won a European trophy.

Each manager gets one “reset” button to jump to an unchained European country.

There’s also a couple of other rounds and rules that are kept secret until announced.

Last edited:

Šjor Bepo

European chain draft

No limit for players from a country, but must use at least 6 different countries.

Managers pick starting country by PM and it will not be announced or made known.

Managers all send one blocked European player (which will make up the blocked list) but if blocking one specifically designated player (one that I have chosen for attack, midfield, and defense beforehand, but will not be made known) then there is a prize awarded.

Cannot pick any players who have played with your blocked player. So decide if blocking a big name for others, or keeping your options open for yourself.

Must pick at least one outfield player who has never won a European trophy.

Each manager gets one “reset” button to jump to an unchained European country.

There’s also a couple of other rounds and rules that are kept secret until announced.
in!
btw dont like the reset button and multiple countries, make it tough!

Skizzo

in!
btw dont like the reset button and multiple countries, make it tough!
I may tweak the number. I figured with 16 managers making their way through that it would be tricky already.

In. One reset sounds fair....which I doubt the secret rules will be.
It’s nothing egregious. At least for everyone else besides you.