Next Draft - Ideas and Discussions

Indnyc

Another idea that was proposed by @Šjor Bepo and @Enigma_87 was to introduce Tiers for the major expensive clubs

The tier system works like this. First time you land on the box you have to buy from "Peach" players from the Peaches & Goat draft.. This means all Goats are out..

Then next time you land on the same box, you are able to upgrade your Peach to a Goat player..

GodShaveTheQueen

We mean it man, we love our queen!
Lads, the voting numbers of the first SF weren't great. Do checkout and vote on the rest of the 3 semis.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Lads, the voting numbers of the first SF weren't great. Do checkout and vote on the rest of the 3 semis.
I think we maybe getting a bit of draft fatigue, having two legs after the additional coropa games might have been a bit too much and people lose interest, it's one of the reasons I voted for the standard reinforcement round for the semis.

GodShaveTheQueen

We mean it man, we love our queen!
I think we maybe getting a bit of draft fatigue, having two legs after the additional coropa games might have been a bit too much and people lose interest, it's one of the reasons I voted for the standard reinforcement round for the semis.
Yea, the 2 drafts have almost doubled the games. 2 legs probably made more sense with just the 1 usual draft instead of the split in hindsight

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Yea, the 2 drafts have almost doubled the games. 2 legs probably made more sense with just the 1 usual draft instead of the split in hindsight
I think the Coropa was a brilliant idea and should stay. But you are right it should have been one or the other for this draft.

Last edited:

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
Where the feck is indy? Do we have a backup game, @Skizzo had one IIRC
If we don't go for either of those we could try the hardcore no Mates draft where each player cannot have played for the same team or country with an all-time pool.

To make this as easy as possible with countries we could just say you are blocked if you played for the same FIFA/UEFA team. So if you have someone who played for West Germany, say Der Kaiser, wouldn't block Schweinsteiger as he only played for Germany (not withstanding Balu's argument that actually the West German side is in fact the same as the now German one). This would clearly solve the Balkan problem too without having to go deep into place of birth who is eligible etc

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
If we don't go for either of those we could try the hardcore no Mates draft where each player cannot have played for the same team or country with an all-time pool.

To make this as easy as possible with countries we could just say you are blocked if you played for the same FIFA/UEFA team. So if you have someone who played for West Germany, say Der Kaiser, wouldn't block Schweinsteiger as he only played for Germany (not withstanding Balu's argument that actually the West German side is in fact the same as the now German one). This would clearly solve the Balkan problem too without having to go deep into place of birth who is eligible etc
nah, make it as hard as possible:drool: reckon would be a brilliant draft with few new names in it.

Enigma_87

You know who

I'm up for it and also with your suggestion to avoid loopholes and arguments all around.

Šjor Bepo

I'm up for it and also with your suggestion to avoid loopholes and arguments all around.
what loopholes, we play with that rules for years...i mean whats the point of the country criteria if you can pick Beckenbauer and Schweinsteiger, its moronic.

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
what loopholes, we play with that rules for years...i mean whats the point of the country criteria if you can pick Beckenbauer and Schweinsteiger, its moronic.
You can't, both played for Bayern.

Another possible solution would be where the country they played for no longer exists we go by their place of birth and assign to existing countries. This should hopefully avoid the African origin French problem that has reared its head before however it would allow quite a few Balkan players who actually played in the same side in reality to be eligible to play together in the draft

Another issue to consider is do we consider Di Stefano to have played both Argentina and Spain? If so we have effectively blocked him which would be a shame. Is this a problem for any full TV game footage player?

Šjor Bepo

Draft Rules

1. Every player must have at least one full game online.
2. Initial squads will be formed of 12 players.
3. Snake style drafting.
4. Once the pick is posted there is no going back, in case of a invalid pick the next manager doesnt need to wait but the invalid pick and be replaced anytime.
5. One club, one nation rule. Which means if you picked Nicky Butt you cant anymore pick from - England, Man Utd, Newcastle, Birmingham and club named South China.
6. Nation rules - We going by the first cap for the national team, if the player didnt play for the national team we go by the place of birth. So in case of a player playing for multiple countries they will count/block just the first one - Puskas(Hungary not Spain).
In case of countries that dont exist anymore, if a player played for a new country after playing for the non existing one he counts as a player of the new country - Prosinecki(Croatia not Yugoslavia or Germany), if the player didnt play for the new country he goes by the place of birth(current borders) - Khurtislava(Georgia not USSR).
7. No teammates rule - to avoid pairing up players from different countries that played only for non existing one - Khurtislava and Shesternyov for example.

Match Rules

1. There shall be no subs during the game, but tactical changes are permitted.
2. In the event of a draw, the winner shall be decided based on the goalkeeper standings from the Caf. In case both goalkeepers are not on the list the winner will be decided by a non playing draft member, synco if he wants the role.

Reinforcements

Haven't yet decided the rules, so will post when we get there.

Last edited:

Enigma_87

You know who
It's easier to check and follow. It won't open up the pool either way as most top players played for the top clubs at some point.

Enigma_87

You know who
I think that nation rule is tight. @Enigma_87 Any thoughts on that?
Why not go with the same as club solution, I think it would be easiest to follow and best all round?
For example if you pick Di Stefano you block Argentina, Spain and Colombia. If you go with Prosinecki you block Yugoslavia and Croatia.

If you pick Maier you block West Germany, but can pick from Germany and so forth.

Šjor Bepo

Why not go with the same as club solution, I think it would be easiest to follow and best all round?
For example if you pick Di Stefano you block Argentina, Spain and Colombia. If you go with Prosinecki you block Yugoslavia and Croatia.

If you pick Maier you block West Germany, but can pick from Germany and so forth.
That works perfectly!
edit: only dont like Germany thing, it kills the whole point of the draft if you can have 2 players from clearly the same country.

Enigma_87

You know who
That works perfectly!
edit: only dont like Germany thing, it kills the whole point of the draft if you can have 2 players from clearly the same country.
Well it's a gray area to be honest. For example Sammer played for East Germany and Germany so not always West Germany / Germany is valid.

Born in will create further issues with whether or not should be considered Ukranians or Russians, not to mention the whole Yugoslavia thing, French/Africa debacle and so forth.

It will create some options to have 2 players from West Germany / Germany, but IMO that won't he a rule considering top players usually played for the top clubs so that will cancel it out.

It's very easy to follow and there will be no exceptions of the rule - so easy to validate too.

Šjor Bepo

Well it's a gray area to be honest. For example Sammer played for East Germany and Germany so not always West Germany / Germany is valid.

Born in will create further issues with whether or not should be considered Ukranians or Russians, not to mention the whole Yugoslavia thing, French/Africa debacle and so forth.

It will create some options to have 2 players from West Germany / Germany, but IMO that won't he a rule considering top players usually played for the top clubs so that will cancel it out.

It's very easy to follow and there will be no exceptions of the rule - so easy to validate too.
No issue with french/africa if we going national teams route.
Soviet/yugo are also as simple as it can be....
Only possible issue is that you can have serbian and bosnian that played in the same yugoslavian team but thats also fairly easy avoidable if we include no teammates rule.

Physiocrat

Has No Mates

I agree on the German issue but to avoid that I think what I wrote above would work,

"Another possible solution would be where the country they played for no longer exists we go by their place of birth and assign to existing countries. This should hopefully avoid the African origin French problem that has reared its head before however it would allow quite a few Balkan players who actually played in the same side in reality to be eligible to play together in the draft"

Another addition to avoid the Balkan problem would be a specific No Mates Rule.

Either way I think we should highlight the specific countries to which these particular criteria apply so that no-one accidentally makes an error

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
A word of caution against making this too restrictive. It's great in theory, but then few have interest in arguing about match involving multiple tier 3 players. When we proposed the reserve-reserve draft, it didn't really get much traction for this reason.

Enigma_87

You know who
I agree on the German issue but to avoid that I think what I wrote above would work,

"Another possible solution would be where the country they played for no longer exists we go by their place of birth and assign to existing countries. This should hopefully avoid the African origin French problem that has reared its head before however it would allow quite a few Balkan players who actually played in the same side in reality to be eligible to play together in the draft"

Another addition to avoid the Balkan problem would be a specific No Mates Rule.

Either way I think we should highlight the specific countries to which these particular criteria apply so that no-one accidentally makes an error
Yeah that could work.

I'd probably agree with @Edgar Allan Pillow concern though not to become too restrictive, but either way it's almost decided so you or sjor can fire up a signup thread :)

Michaelf7777777

(∪。∪)。。。zzz
Draft Rules

1. Every player must have at least one full game online.
2. Initial squads will be formed of 12 players.
3. Snake style drafting.
4. Once the pick is posted there is no going back, in case of a invalid pick the next manager doesnt need to wait but the invalid pick and be replaced anytime.
5. One club, one nation rule. Which means if you picked Nicky Butt you cant anymore pick from - England, Man Utd, Newcastle, Birmingham and club named South China.
6. Nation rules - In case of multiple national teams, all are blocked. For example if you pick Di Stefano you block Argentina. Non existing countries are yet to be decided.

Match Rules

1. There shall be no subs during the game, but tactical changes are permitted.
2. In the event of a draw, the winner shall be decided based on the goalkeeper standings from the Caf. In case both goalkeepers are not on the list the winner will be decided by a non playing draft member, synco if he wants the role.

Reinforcements

Haven't yet decided the rules, so will post when we get there.
In

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
@Šjor Bepo What do you think of this nation rule with traditional No Mates for the Balkan players?

I also think we should just block the country of first cap. It would be unnecessarily difficult and block heavy if Puskas blocked two countries etc

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Sounds interesting. I'd be keen to take part if the rules mean the pool has to open up well beyond the usual suspects.