Next Draft - Ideas and Discussions

Skizzo

I have an idea I was batting around still. Finally getting around to fine tuning it a little. Will have a few twists and turns along the way, so not entirely straight forward for drafters.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
will be doing on a board game draft with harms and joga, we can run it after skizzo

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
The Exclusion Draft:

Excluded Teams:

- Manchester United
- Liverpool
- Real Madrid
- Barcelona
- Bayern Munich
- AC Milan
- Inter Milan
- Juventus

All players will choose 4 of the above and all players who have featured for the team in any playing capacity (loans included) cannot be picked by that manager.

There will be a GOAT exclusion list in addition too.

Skizzo

The Exclusion Draft:

Excluded Teams:

- Manchester United
- Liverpool
- Real Madrid
- Barcelona
- Bayern Munich
- AC Milan
- Inter Milan
- Juventus

All players will choose 4 of the above and all players who have featured for the team in any playing capacity (loans included) cannot be picked by that manager.

There will be a GOAT exclusion list in addition too.
can we add you to the list too?
Been too long, I had to lash out

GodShaveTheQueen

We mean it man, we love our queen!
Attack Attack Attack Draft

1. Build a functional gung ho attacking team.
2. The theme of every team should be to have the philosophy of scoring more goals than the opponents rather than caring about defensive safety.
3. Criteria for voting - Same as always, who wins the game. So your defenders matter too, but if the team is not built as a gung ho attacking unit, you will start with a deficit of 5 votes. Whether its gung ho or not to be judged by a fixed 3 member committee

A few attacking goats can be blocked so the attack is not centred around 1 man

GodShaveTheQueen

I think we should do away with lottery drafts. I was as excited as anyone else at the start of the current draft considering board game drafts are away from the normal stuff, but in hindsight, lottery based drafts aren't that much fun with super imbalanced teams at times and drab match threads. Not taking anything away from the current draft, we are obviously always smarter with hindsight.

Do think injuries in the last 2 drafts have been a hit though and we should stick with it. Making picks with injuries in mind was definitely more fun than the usual reinforcements.

Šjor Bepo

Maybe a draft where players of top clubs are all blocked.

No players who have ever played for United, both Milan's, Juve, Bayern, Dortmund, Real, Barca can be picked.
That would be fantastic, id just add few more clubs(chelsea, pool, city, maybe gladbach)...

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Maybe a draft where players of top clubs are all blocked.

No players who have ever played for United, both Milan's, Juve, Bayern, Dortmund, Real, Barca can be picked.
Nice idea with the club blocks. Could add in a couple of South American sides as well.

Himannv

I think a GOAT and Peaches draft is a nice setup for a fresh set of faces. Allows you to build around a player as well if you want to do that. Blocking clubs is not great for balance because there are some great players who remain unblocked and someone gets a top pick while others at the bottom of the list get nothing of similar quality.

Šjor Bepo

I think a GOAT and Peaches draft is a nice setup for a fresh set of faces. Allows you to build around a player as well if you want to do that. Blocking clubs is not great for balance because there are some great players who remain unblocked and someone gets a top pick while others at the bottom of the list get nothing of similar quality.
tbf who ever runs the draft can easily check standout players and if there are 2 or 3 that really standout we can block them.

GodShaveTheQueen

I do hope we run a virgin draft 2.0 sometime.

Basically any player who has ever won a draft is blocked. Can't have a fresher pool than that. It has been 9 drafts since the first virgin draft, so probably will have a few more blocks, but the original list of blocked players will be very handy.

Šjor Bepo

think its sad that we did zillion and one drafts but we never did a Man United one....

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
Looking at a Wikipedia entry there are approximately 156 Manchester Utd players who have 100 or more caps who have one full game. With 16 drafters and 12 picks that makes 192 picks. So the 11th and 12th pick might be a bit rubbish but until that point it should be reasonable good although I haven't investigated the players with 100 caps. I reckon it is doable. Thoughts anyone?

Šjor Bepo

A United draft would be interesting although I wonder how much barrel scraping there's be with 16 managers.
You can easily go around that with few criteria rounds(current turds, rival players etc.)

GodShaveTheQueen

Thought along these lines sometime ago, but I think it will not be that fun unless people have the patience and interest to research mediocrity.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Death draft? Can only pick players who have passed away.

paulscholes18

Might be a couple of years too soon, but what about a 2000's draft where you can only pick players born on or after Jan 1st 2000?