Next Draft - Ideas and Discussions

General_Elegancia

Chillin' with the Dugongs
Supports
Liverpool, AC Milan
I think I definitely have it but I will think carefully again to make sure.

My idea is inspiration from 70s-90s era before Bosman's rule and yeah I'm thinking about foreign limitations idea.

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
I think I definitely have it but I will think carefully again to make sure.

My idea is inspiration from 70s-90s era before Bosman's rule and yeah I'm thinking about foreign limitations idea.
Sounds interesting. Please post your ideas here and we can refine them if necessary.

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
I'm in mood for a good old fashioned auction draft.

All time, but players who played for Barca, RM, Both Milans, Juve, Bayern and Man Utd are all blocked.
If it's all time wouldn't we want to block Santos and possibly a few more South American sides.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
Free all time draft BUT you have 1 player from the current(peak as well) United squad. Full muppet draft but with almost a guaranteed sheep in first XI

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
Here's another idea - Build around a GOAT. Pick a positionally GOAT and build around him. Lots of blocks to make the sides not to good and genuinely built around your particular GOAT.

General_Elegancia

Supports
Liverpool, AC Milan
Here’s my idea- You must have 6 same nationality in your team base on first pick ( if you pick GOAT like Messi, Pele, Maradona…).

That means other 5 players could have anyone else that you want but must have at least 2 modern players in starting line-up.

-No limit GOATs ( that mean you can pick your Ronaldo, Beckenbauer, Pele, Messi and a lot)

Ex. If first pick you pick Pele, you must have at least 6 Brazilian players on your team ( no limit era so you can pick anyone else that you want).

This idea inspires from great teams in the past( 50s-80s) like Bayern 70s, Juventus80s, Milan80s and a lot of great teams in the past. It’s about foreign limitations.

Last edited:

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
Here’s my idea- You must have 6 same nationality in your team base on first pick ( if you pick GOAT like Messi, Pele, Maradona…).

That means other 5 players could have anyone else that you want but must have at least 2 modern players in starting line-up.

-No limit GOATs ( that mean you can pick your Ronaldo, Beckenbauer, Pele, Messi and a lot)

Ex. If first pick you pick Pele, you must have at least 6 Brazilian players on your team ( no limit era so you can pick anyone else that you want).

This idea inspires from great teams in the past( 50s-80s) like Bayern 70s, Juventus80s, Milan80s and a lot of great teams in the past. It’s about foreign limitations.
Sounds interesting. Who count as modern players?

General_Elegancia

Supports
Liverpool, AC Milan
Here's another idea - Build around a GOAT. Pick a positionally GOAT and build around him. Lots of blocks to make the sides not to good and genuinely built around your particular GOAT.
Free all time draft BUT you have 1 player from the current(peak as well) United squad. Full muppet draft but with almost a guaranteed sheep in first XI
Both ideas are great.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I'm in mood for a good old fashioned auction draft.

All time, but players who played for Barca, RM, Both Milans, Juve, Bayern and Man Utd are all blocked.
love this.

But maybe add players who have played 100 or more games for ... So fringe players for those Club (for instance, Forlan) are still eligible.

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
I like the “whatever floats your GOAT” draft the most but in for the exclusion draft.
Which was that one? The build around a GOAT one? If so due to unforeseen logistically reasons I can't run that for a while.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
1. Sjor
2. Physio
3. Himannv
4. Michaelf7777777
5. Skizzo
6. Beam

Fire the thread up I say. (I do like as @Himannv said more built around the GOAT idea, but this is fine also)

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
1. Sjor
2. Physio
3. Himannv
4. Michaelf7777777
5. Skizzo
6. Beam
7. Iso

We go again!

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
I have said this before, but I don’t know if I have what it takes:lol:
Oh, you do. Was wondering the same, but if you find the concept interesting you will be just fine (+ you learn a lot about past players, managers which is great).

Maybe join together with someone going first time. Skizzo said he could use AM, I wouldn't mind going together also.

Skizzo

Oh, you do. Was wondering the same, but if you find the concept interesting you will be just fine (+ you learn a lot about past players, managers which is great).

Maybe join together with someone going first time. Skizzo said he could use AM, I wouldn't mind going together also.
JimCo has a better ring to it than Skizzuco, but you’re welcome to AM with me @Maluco if you don’t want to go it alone. Just be warned you’ll have to do what @Pat_Mustard used to do and talk me out of some crazy ideas.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Standard T&C:

S1 - All time snake draft with a parallel auction.
S2 - Initial drafting of 14 players.
S3 - 4 hrs per pick. Do not wait or provide extra time. Extra 4 hours if PM'd to myself or other players.
S4 - No change in picks after posting.
S5 - No substitutions. Tactical changes with in-field players only.
S6 - First 3 picks of losing team will not be available during reinforcements.
S7 - Draw will be decided by Coin Toss
S8 - In match thread, only one of the managers is allowed to post for the duration of the match. The other manager is restricted to 3 posts or less for the duration of match thread. Make your choice and make it clear on match thread on who will lead the discussions. It's not one at at time. It's just one for the match.

Draft Criteria:

Any player who has won any trophies (league, domestic cups) with any of the clubs below are not available to be picked.
  • Manchester United
  • Liverpool
  • Real Madrid
  • Barcelona
  • AC Milan
  • Inter Milan
  • Juventus
  • Bayern Munich
  • Borussia Dortmund
  • Ajax
  • Santos
  • Boca Juniors
Draft Rules:

Budget: 300m
Draft will start with auction for 12hrs (2 nominations max per manager). At end of that nominations are closed (can still make up bids) and the snake starts. You obviously can' pick a players already in the auction.
After the end of the first snake round, the auction will open for 4 hrs for mangers to add one more nominations each. End of 4 hrs, nominations are closed and snake reverses as usual.
This continues till end of 3rd round. Auction will be open for 4 hrs just fore new bids after which auction is closed and board is final.

----

To be completed.

Opinions?

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
I'm not sure about the Auction Part. I think the snake works well as it is. Have we done a parallel snake and auction before?